The Goddess's Prize

Selfish Desires

Aoandon bowed in front of her Goddess. Said Goddess smirked proudly and looked down at her as if she was a mere peasant girl. To the all powerful woman, she was. The demonic force was nothing compared to the woman she was loyal to. The Goddess had long black hair, that had the ombre of a striking red as it went down. Her face had soft features, and her eyes would be one of the most adorable things ever if they weren't a bright glowing red at the moment. Next to her, sat another Goddess. This Goddess had short blonde hair. She, too, had bright eyes, only a glowing black, and they seemed to somehow look more threatening. She had a frown pulling at her lips, with fangs so large they protruded from her closed mouth. She was holding the first Goddess's hand, squeezing it tight like she was threatened by Aoandon in their presence.


The Goddesses of the Dark and Red Moons.


Goddess of the Red Moon; Minatozaki Sana. The Japanese Goddess who had started out as a mere human girl all those years ago. When Japanese civilization first appeared, she was one of the first to live in the culture. She hadn't been respected at all, though. She had ended up being thrown onto a raft and sent off into the sea. Sana always hated that memory. She had drifted for days as a young child, at the tender age of thirteen. She had no idea of why she was sent off. They claimed demonic forces to be present with her, and that she herself was some sort of demon. She didn't understand why anyone would do that to a young girl. They were all lunatics, she concluded.


And then someone found her. A woman who looked so young, maybe around twenty one. This woman had brown, short hair, and brown eyes that glimmered in the Japanese girl's presence. This woman was named Yoo Kyungwan. Sana loved this name. It was so unique.. so original. And this girl started to take care of her. She brought the other to her home land, her own civilizaiton. But Sana deemed herself unwelcomed there, too. Everyone gave her suspicious looks when they passed the bambo gates. She had cowered behind the woman, who had only smiled and told her it would be okay.


And when Sana turned twenty, Kyungwan rewarded her with something. She had shown Sana that not only was Kyungwan a Goddess, but she needed another. So she granted the Japanese girl the chance to become a Goddess like herself. And Sana accepted the offer with little convincing. She wanted to be with Kyungwan. So they had become mood Goddesses together. Kyungwan was the Goddess of the Dark Moon, and Sana the Goddess of the Blood Moon. After a long while, Kyungwan changed her name. Sana never understood why. She had become Yoo Jeongyeon.


And they fell in love.


That brings the two Goddesses to now, where their loyal subject Aoandon was bowed before them. Sana had sent her on a quest to fetch a certain boy, and turn him into a subject to the Goddesses. So maybe they were a bit evil. A bit twisted. But that was the fun in it. They were able to rule the world like this. And Aoandon had only made it easier by taking this boy and forcing him to join them. She had gotten the powerful half-human, Park Jimin. A teenager stationed in Seoul, not far from their place within the depths of shadows.


"Sana.. I'm not sure about this boy.." Jeongyeon mumbled to her lover, getting a small giggle from her. "It's okay, Jeongyeon. He will bring us more power." She said, kissing the girl's hand. Jeongyeon smiled, pulling the other Goddess closer. Turning her head back to the demon girl, she grunted. "How have you gotten him to agree to taking eighteen beings' powers?" She questioned, raising an eyebrow. Aoandon smirked. "I told him I'd kill him, his family, and all his friends if he refused to do as I said." She explained, getting both of them to laugh in a sinister way. "Well played."


"Does he know he himself has power?" Jeongyeon shot the next question. Aoandon shook her hand. "He only knows of the power I gave him." She said, earning a hum from Sana. "So he does not know of his level of Omnipotence?" She questioned, getting a nod. "How lovely. This means we can use him for our deeds, Jeongyeon." The Blood Moon Goddess said, smirking. Jeongyeon nodded wearily. "I still do not like the idea of having someone who wields Negation and Boundary Manipulation. What if he realizes his own powers before we can manipulate him?" Jeongyeon was worried. Well, she had a reason to be. Park Jimin was something to be afraid of.


"Then Aoandon takes his power before he can use it." She replied simply, smirking. "Then why do we need him in the first place?" She snapped, as Sana laughed. "Because almost no one can wield such power and live. He is gifted and we must respect that." She said, smiling. "But a problem is - he wont want to leave his family." Sana mumbled, before perking up. "Hmm.. Tzuyu- I mean Aoandon, do me a favor as your Goddess. Kill the boy's family."


 

When Jimin came home that day he didn't know what to expect. But the last thing he expected to come home to was a bloody crime scene. There was a red substance scattered all over the walls of each place that they died, and he couldn't help but tear up. Someone had murdered his family, and if he were home he could have stopped it. He had first gone to the kitchen, to see his mother on the floor, neck slit with a knife next to her. She looked like she had tried to fight back. Then he went to their library. There he found his father, stomach dug out. Quite literally. His organs were scattered around him, he even had no eyes. It made Jimin want to throw up. It looked utterly disgusting. And he started to follow the bloody trail of boots to his brother's room. He only hoped Jihyun had a painless death, one where he didn't have to suffer like his father.


And when he walked into the room, his tears only pooled heavier. His brother was limbless. His arms and legs had been torn off of his body. The blood was pooling everywhere. Better yet, his chest was ripped open, his his heart was laying next to him. It was even beating. Jimin had to cover his mouth to avoid throwing up. There was only one thing that made his tears even heavier, though. There was an orb floating above his body. Slowly walking over to it, he whimpered and grabbed it. Vector Manipulation. Jihyun had a power, and yet he couldn't defend himself. He let out a loud sob, falling to his knees and holding the orb. "Jihyun.. no.. Jihyun! Please.. please come back! You can't die on me! Jihyun!" He curled over himself, wailing for his brother. He knew the boy couldn't come back.


He felt on his neck. There was a necklace on him, and he just now realized it? Pulling it out, he gasped. Aoandon had given him something to store all the power orbs in. Touching the Andesine gemstone, he watched the locket-like necklace open up, in the orb. Scrambling to get his phone, he didn't call the police. No, he needed his friends. His thumb scrolled over Seokjin, tempted to call him, but he couldn't. He didn't know the six boys as well as his best friends. Scrolling back up to Sehun's number, he dialed it and sniffled, walking out of the house. It rung twice, before Sehun picked up.


"Yeah, Jimin? What's up?"


"Sehun.." His voice had broken out in a sob, causing Sehun to sit upright. Eleven pairs of eyes turned to look at him, concern written on their faces. Sehun put the phone on speaker, and upon reading the name, Jongin scooted closer. Jimin whimpered onthe other end, another sob breaking out. "It's.. it's my family.." He started, before he broke down into another fit of tears and heaving to find air. "Jimin? What about your family?" He asked, eyebrows knitting together. Jimin held himself, pulling the phone closer to him. "S.. someone.. someone killed them.. Sehun, my family is d.. dead.." he mumbled out weakly, and everyone in the room let out a silent gasp. Sehun sprang up, grabbing his keys and forgetting about the thought of a jacket. "I'm coming to get you, Jimin. I'll be there soon. I want you to call the cops. Wait outside until I get there." Jimin's only reply was a soft 'hurry', before he hung up.


He got on the phone with the cops, and before no time he could hear sirens. Sitting on the steps up to the mansion, he hugged his knees and held the locket containing what was left of his brother. Sehun pulled up right after the cops, pushing past the two that tried to stop him. Crouching in front of his friend, the feeling of someone near him caused him to look up. Upon seeing Sehun, he threw his arms around him and cried. The older hummed, holding Jimin close and his hair. He felt so bad for the boy. His family was murdered, and Jimin was quite sensitive. "Just let it out.."


 

He had taken Jimin to his house for the night. He, too, lived with his friends for some odd reason. So when they walked into the house, well, Sehun walked into the house carrying Jimin, eleven worried boys had come up to Jimin. It only made the boy cry harder upon seeing how many faces could die next. Sehun dismissed them, and only Jongin stayed. Walking with Sehun up to the spare room, the male laid Jimin down and both sat next to him on either side. Jimin rubbed his eyes, trying to rid them of tears. The only result was more tears to fall after. Jongin pulled him into and embrace from the back, so Sehun hugged him from the front. Jimin felt warm in the double embrace, relaxing a bit with a sniffle.


It didn't take long for the boy to fall asleep, and when he did, they both slipped away and tucked him in. Walking back downstairs, they joined the others. They were holding their power orbs, waiting to shift and go find the culprit. Sehun and Jongin grabbed theirs, and they all summoned their powers and special look.


The boys were quick on their feet. Basically flying through the trees to get to the estate. Well, Yifan was literally flying. Jongin insisted on traveling with the group instead of just teleporting, though. They all found that odd. After arriving in the mansion, they had Jongin teleport inside and opened the door for them. They all saw the gruesome scene in each room. "Oh my god.. oh my god.." Baekhyun was freaking out. Yixing was trying to heal the mother, but his powers weren't working on her for some odd reason. Then, it hit him. Gasping, he looked up at the eleven boys waiting for his response. "It was caused by a supernatural.." he mumbled, backing away. "There's a demon after Jimin. We can't go near him!" Yixing yelled.


Junmyeon grunted. "No! Now he needs our protection. We have these powers to protect people, Yixing! We have to protect him! You can feel it in him! He has abilities sought after by many! We can't just let him be killed and used for evil!" The boy had broken into tears. Yifan hugged him, rubbing his back. Yixing scoffed, shaking his head rapidly. "No! You don't understand!-"


"We understand perfectly, Yixing. Jimin needs protection. Call up the six boys. Let them know the situation. And no one will debate on protecting Jimin. He will be of great use to all eighteen of us this way. Do you hear me, Yixing? Everyone is to protect him even if it means risking yourselves!" Everyone was scared by Minseok's sudden outburst. Luhan came up and hugged him from behind, rubbing circles into the ice mage's hips to calm him down. Baekhyun pulled out his phone, calling Taehyung. It rung once, before the incubus picked up in a hurry.


"What is it, Bark- I mean Puppy- I mean Baekhyun? Why have you called at.. eleven thirty at night?" He aksed, raising an eyebrow. As Baekhyun started to explain the situation, Taehyung's eyes widened. "Oh my god.. where is he? We'll take care of him." He said hurriedly, as Baekhyun handed the phone off to Yifan. Baekhyun was too shaky to continue speaking to the younger male. "He's at our house. Come get him tomorrow. It'll be Saturday then, so he can move his stuff there." He said, and Taehyung shivered at the sudden deep voice. "Of course... Bye.." he mumbled, hanging up and looked up at his friends. They all had worry and confusion written on their faces.


"It's.. Jimin.."