UPDAAATTTE ~ CHAPTER 7

King's lethal diamonds

mingyu was not sure if it was just him or the room got colder. one moment it wasn't and then the next it was. he doesn't say anything, watching from how tense jun was right after he told jeonghan what he knew or heard, mingyu was not really sure. 

he looks towards seungkwan and dino who were the closest to see if they had any idea who jun was talking about but seeing the confusion on their face answers mingyu questions. 

no one talks, letting the silence take over. it was almost too hard to speak up with how cold the atmosphere got and mingyu knows it's not from the AC. He watches jeonghan as his face becomes unreadable, eyes turning dark with his shoulders tensed and his fist was clenched tightly turning white.  
 

" xiumin " 

that name sound familiar to mingyu, but he couldn't point out where he heard it from. his eyes darted from jeonghan to jun who was as tense as jeonghan was but he was more guarded, his eyes not leaving jeonghan. it unusual for jun to be guarded especially with jeonghan, but he seems to know something that they don't, and that doesn't sound good at all. 
 

"I could be wrong, Hyung. I might've misheard it "  jun slowly lets out, breaking away the silence. though both he and jeonghan knows thats a lie because jun a great hearing, it's one of his perks as a demon hound especially. 
 

mingyu notice jun was being cautious with how he said from the tone he used. from his side, he feels seokmin shivering but doesn't look at him. attention still focus on the two in front of him. the room got colder and he can see their smoky breath coming out from both their nostrils and mouth. the ice climbs higher towards the wall, reaching the ceiling. 

the silence took over again and seungkwan had to pound over the situation. having an angry demon in the living room was something he did not want to come across. but seeing jeonghan right now he has to think fast. the tension was getting thicker with how much angry jeonghan was becoming and the amount of energy jeonghan was releasing out of anger is not helping him and seokmin especially seeing hows it is getting hard to breathe within the room.

the thing about seungkwan's ability was that he was able to see things other can't unless you were a mind reader. but it was part of the perks of his ability that seungkwan knew the name and has heard of the name. he saw what happened, knew what happened and though the images weren't as clear as you wish they were it just wasn't yet seungkwan doesn't dare to speak about the knowledge of knowing. 

so the name jun just utter was somehow familiar to seungkwan but he can't let the others know, especially dino. knowing how dino can get. it is one thing to have jeonghan but to dino to know can be worst and seungkwan is sure that jun alone can't calm them down. mingy won't help much and both he and seokmin are utterly useless when it comes to strength. 

 

" repeat that one more time " the voice was void of any affectionate jeonghan usually lets out. it was cold and filled with contained rage. 
 

seokmin was starting to tremble even more as he notices how angry jeonghan was, which was the worst side of him knowing the older rarely gets angry. his words didn't sound like a request but more as of an order which jun doesn't bother to obey. his shoulders were beginning to hurt from shaking. he sees mingyu giving him a side glance but he doesn't bother acknowledging the latter. 

seokmin was feeling as if he was suffocating, he sees seungkwan is the same as him but unlike seungkwan, seokmin still hasn't fully felt how powerful a demon be nor how suffocating the energy they release would be to half breeds like him. the feeling he was feeling was causing him to breath properly and he was shivering hardcore,  damn the feeling of being weight down was too much for him to handle

 

"I ask you to repeat what you just said, JUN,"  jeonghan commanded, his emotions gone from his face. 
 

his usual caring pranking nature side was not within sight. his mood getting even worse then as jun does not comply with his order. the emotionless tone was giving goosebumps to the other three as they don't dare to speak up nor break up the tension. 
 

jun narrowed his eyes at him, releasing his energy in retaliation at the order, almost hissing in reply at the order given to him. a glare appearing on his face. if there was one thing jun hated was being ordered. he glares at the older in front of him, almost daring him to order him again but falters as he senses seokmin's shivers. he darts his eyes toward the older and back to seokmin and seungkwan who he forgot weren't use to the energy jeonghan was releasing. having no choice but to try and calm the older. 
 

" Hyung, you are going to suffocate seokmin and seungkwan," he softly tells him. letting the older know that there are those who still can't handle both jeonghan and jun's high energy.
 

Between those present in the room, jeonghan and jun were pureblood demons of the high ranks. Dino and mingyu were full pledge demons, seungkwan and seokmin was half. But unlike seungkwan who had a both human and a demon parent who raise him. seokmin was raised by his only human mother who wanted no better for him to grow up normally, where his demon dad had no part in raising him so his body was more sensitive to high ranks demons since he was not exposed to any demon energy at a young age. 

for jisoo's condition, it was usually of both. he can handle an amount of demon energy bursting through but his body was taking a toll on how much energy he is being exposed to. so it's the higher the energy he feels, is how weaker he gets which leads his body to shut down for a day or more. which tends to once scare jeonghan and seungcheol once when they were in an argument with him in the room. 

jeonghan didn't hear what jun said. too angry to process it which made the energy he release grow higher, the ice that was forming into a solid onto the surface was beginning to melt and tiny sparks of fire were appearing. 

the energy jeonghan was releasing was becoming hot and making seokmin gasping for air. the energy was getting too much and he was close to losing unconscious. his forehead was getting wet. he doesn't understand the power of these demons. one moment they turn the atmosphere as cold as ice and then the next they turn it hotter as hell. 


dino, seeing how hard seokmin was taking in the energy, grew irritated on jeonghan's behavior, looking around to see the remaining ice about to melt, he grasps one part and solidifies it with his energy. the ice within his grasp begins to spread onto the melted on stopping it from melting. 

his eyes glowing a bit white and he directs his hands towards where jeonghan stood and jun immediately follows by taking a step back as the ice slowly engulfs jeonghan starting from his legs going upwards trying to get the older to cool down. his energy releasing a bit so it won't be too much for seokmin. 

the action doesn't calm jeonghan down but instead does the opposite, angering the older as of the ice which was surrounding him from his bottom shattered as quick as the ice turned solid on him. 

the room temperature of the room suddenly dropped, no one made a sudden move. 

dino took a glance towards seokmin first knowing how sensitive he can get with the amount of energy jeonghan just released and sees mingyu helping him up.

then he looks behind him to where seungkwan stood to see him okay, he was breathing hard but okay. 

releasing a breath of relieve he turns back towards jeonghan and jun, who were still facing each other and jeonghan still angry.

"hyung"  he slowly calls out to jeonghan, his tone softly as it can get, " hyung, you have to calm down okay, i know that it's hard but you have to think of seokmin's condition, he's not used to your energy getting high" 

jun narrows his eyes at him, though dino calling him out softly seems to be working, he is still wary knowing how jeonghan is and the fact that after how many years the name they all wished to forget had to come back haunting him. 

" jeonghan hyung," seokmin calls out to him from where he was at. jun doesn't have to turn around to know that he was coming towards them.

"seokmin stay where you are," jun tells seokmin, but seokmin doesn't listen. he makes his way towards jeonghan who was to angry to notice the situation, their current situation. 

seokmin stumbles making his way toward jeonghan, removing mingyu's hand that's tries to pulls him back. he moves forward and gives jun a soft smile, telling him it's okay. 

" hyung," seokmin softly calls out to him again, already close to him. he lift his arms up slowly toward his face and brings jeonghan to face him. 

"hyung, are you in there ?" seokmin calls out, caressing his face, caressing his hair and face again.

"minnnie - " 

" hyung, you can come out now. it's okay. it's just me"  seokmin continues to let jeonghan know, bringing him out of whatever painful memories that were conjuring up in his mind. 

mingyu stood by amazed at how one moment they had an angry jeonghan with no idea how to calm him down then the next seokmin stopping whatever chaos jeonghan was about to do. the fact that a mere halfblood was able to calm jeonghan down amazed him. he sees jeonghan coming back, his eyes widen in frantic looking toward seokmin, grabbing his hands that was on his face and had them in a tight grip. 

"seokmin ah, i'm so sorry, i didn't mean - " 

"it's okay hyung," seokmin cuts him off with a smile, a soft one. 

jeonghan worriedly looks at him then turns to seungkwan behind dino, " kwannie, i'm so sorry" he calls out to seungkwan, his voice breaking. 

seungkwan smiles making his way toward the two, passing by dino and jun and coming to a full stop in front of jeonghan who had a broken look on his face. the pure hurt and shock written on it. 

" it's okay hyung, i'm still standing here aren't i,?" he tell him.

" i could've killed you, the both of you," 

"but you didn't," 

" but i could've " 

" hyung you could've but you didn't," 

" i'm so sorry," jeonghan breaks down as he continuously apologize to them. 

the two half breed could do nothing but watch and hug their elder into a tight embrace. 

 

jun and dino watches as the three hugs each other as if they had almost lost each other, they could have lost the two. but to seokmins quick thinking, the two were still alive. 

as the three hug each other out in a tight embrace, dino and jun stood by watching. 

and not a moment goes by jun grips his left hand   yelling out in pain as he stumbles toward the floor. his left hand burning and itching all at the same time. 

the scream catches everyone by suprise, seeing jun fall down in pain. dino ran toward him catching him almost to late, mingyu dashing toward him on his right side and jeonghan in front of him with seokmin and seungkwan just behind him. 

" jun, what's wrong ?" jeonghan ask him, worried and scared at how much in pain jun seem to be in. 

" jun, talk to me, tell me where it hurts" 

jun feels like he's on fire, his left hand. he feels as if his flesh of his left hand is getting burned off. the feeling of itchy ness following after him.

" AAAAAAHHHHHHHHH" jun screamed out, scaring not only jeonghan but the others also.  

" JUNNN ! look at me, jun NO DONT CLOSE YOUR EYES LOOK AT HYUNG, " jeonghan yells out to him, 

" DINO MINGYU HOLD HIM DOWN" 

" hyung what are you going to do,?" seokmin ask him worriedly, 

" i have to stop the pain, " 

mingyu look at him, " you can't do that," 

 " AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH, MAKE IT STOPPPPPPPP, HYUNG PLEASSEEEEE IT HURTS AAAAHHHHHHHHH" jun cries out, struggling to grip his left hand tighter. 

jeonghan glares at mingyu " and why the hell can't i do it ?" 

" what makes you think you won't feel the same pain as he's feeling, hyung ?" 

" i don't care about the pain, i néed to heal him" 

"your not healing him, hyung. taking the pain alway from him is not healing him." 

" I DONT EN CARE ABOUT WETHER OR NOT IM HEALING HIM OR TAKING THE PAIN AWAY, I NEED HIM TO NOT FEEL THE PAIN" jeonghan yells, getting angry at mingyu who is stopping him from healing jun.

"YOUR NOT GOING TO MAKE THE SITUATION ANY BETTER IF YOU FEEL THE EXACT PAIN HE'S FEELING" mingyu yells back, frustrated at how jeonghan is not thinking properly, 

jeonghan was about to yell back when jun stopped screaming. his breathing ragged and heavy and he sagged backward leaning onto both mingyu and dino. 

" hyung?" dino softly calls to him, 

"jihoon"  jun mumbles out as he goes unconscious letting his body go limp. 

" jihoon ?"