CHAPTER 6

King's lethal diamonds

Dino took his time from walking back home to where he just came from, after leaving the place, he walks towards the park to think. back then, his old self would've had a laugh at him now, I mean who the hell would take a walk just to think, Dino was pretty sure he would ask himself that. but he couldn't really hate it.

it sort of became a habit he picked up from jisoo and jihoon everytime they needed some time to think. jihoon was understandable, but for jisoo, from what Dino observed from him was that he only needed time to think if he was in an argument between jeonghan or seungcheol or probably both, probably both. 

sometimes he doesn't understand how the three were able to work out their relationship. From Dino's perspective, jisoo absolutely didn't match his two hyungs.

 Seungcheol was a rough person, definitely rough even if he acts all mushy around them, his aura is no joke when it comes down to business, while jeonghan was too much of a devil himself. Dino blames him for rubbing himself on Seungkwan, though jeonghan is a devil he can pretty much attract all attention towards him because he loves the attention. then there was jisoo, who pretty much did not stand out if he were, to be honest. he was a soft person, opposite from seungcheol, he blends well into the shadow cause he doesn't like the attention that would focus on him, unlike jeonghan.

so really, Dino was still unable to figure out how the three manage to work out their relation. he wants to ask, but he knows if he did, jeonghan would throw a fit about him still being his baby, Dino can almost roll his eyes. 

he knows its more like a change of subject, knowing how his hyung doesn't like talking about jisoo or seungcheol, and Dino can't really blame him. He lost a part of him after what happened to seungcheol, but really it was selfish of them to walk away from facing such pain. 

arriving at his place he enters without notice the three new faces into the house. his arrival attracted the attention of those who are present in the room, 

"Channie ?"  seungkwan calls out from the living room, probably laying on the couch. 

"hmm "  he answers humming, 

"we have guest" his ear perks up at that, "guest ?" he asked, leaving his shoes by the door and enters in a quick flash. his eyes widen, 

I thought you guys planned on leaving ?" Dino asks, not sure if the question came out in a harsh way or not. 

mingyu and seokmin smiles guilty, something they always do when they got caught doing something that would piss the others off, which made dino lift up one eyebrow, 

"what did you guys do this time?"  he folds his arm, making him look like the elder one if it wasn't his height. 

"nothing, we didn't do anything this time, i swear" seokmin speaks up, kind of offended that the younger would think of them doing something wrong, seokmin couldn't really blame him, they've all change upon the past 3 years, since they all left, separately

"we just sort of ran into some troubles" this time it was mingyu who spoked up, not sure if he should be angry or what he gives mingyu a look to continue, 

he sees seungkwan from the corner leaning against the wall with no sign of jun and jeonghan. it seems they were waiting for Dino to return so they can finally talk. 

"we're not sure how we got into the situation, but we were for sure about to leave town. we just sort of had to take a quick stop since it getting dark," mingyu pauses, he looks toward seokmin to continue but the former paid him no attention, " jun hyung said that we should be good staying somewhere in the forest right behind the city, so we - " mingyu pointed to him and seokmin " we went to go get woods for our fire" 

now clearly Dino is getting confused, why the hell would they decide to stay in the forest, when there were motels for a reason, it seems that seokmin seemed to have read his mind, " the last time we slept in a motel, jun almost burned down the place, don't ask us how, cause we don't know ourselves" 

"anyways ... it wasn't long before we came back to see the half of the forest, we saw some burned marks but it was covered up with the ice. solid ice and jun hyung was gone" 

now Dino was alarmed, "then the hell are you here for when he's gone, did you search the entire forest, did you see who took him, damn it, you guys" he was panicking, both hands were in his hair, he was thinking. 

"channie, you didn't let them finish," he hears seungkwan speaking softly, he comes closer towards the youngest and carefully take both of his hands out of his hair. he turns to mingyu and seokmin. they had their eyes open wide, clearly wasn't expecting the latter to get this angry,

"well ... did you guys find him ?" he asked, impatience

this time seokmin spoke, " we found him of course, it took a while for us to get away from them, " 

" them ?" 

" we not sure who they are exactly, we didn't recognize any of them, it was dark but the light from the moon gave us enough brightness to see their faces."

" but jun shimmered us here before they got close enough " 

jun is alright then, it was enough for Dino to calm his emotions down, but his presence was nowhere in sight. 

"there's something else isn't there?"  Dino looks towards seungkwan when he asked the question and looked back to seokmin and mingyu who had a troubled look on their faces, 

seungkwan didn't know what he should be feeling seeing the troubled look on seokmin and mingy's faces, mingyu especially seeing how pale he seem since they shimmered into their living room. 

they both had seemed like they were fighting the thought of whether they should talk or not, it gives seungkwan an uneasy feeling. he wishes his abilities would come in handy in situations like this so he wouldn't have to let them talk, but at the same time, he isn't sure if he would want to see what happened to the three of them. 

so much for living in peace for the last three years seungkwan bitterly thinks to himself. 

leaving their previous home was hard on seungkwan especially after seeing the change jihoon went through follow after the departure of soonyoung, it almost made him afraid thinking that hansol changed too. sure he left jun and mingyu, but after some decision that he and seokmin should switch place after meeting each other accidentally was something he doesn't regret after witnessing how seokmin was just able to keep mingyu in place and jun on his toes. 

he almost feels bad that while they go from town to town, they choose to stay in one place instead of another. but really, he just blames jun and mingyu for being the carefree types who tend to not keep still in one place. 

"I'm sure it can't be that bad" seungkwan murmurs, "right?" 

"we're not too sure ourselves, but we weren't sure if we heard correctly," mingyu voiced out his thoughts exactly, 

"jun hyung was the closest one, so he must've heard them correctly" seokmin stated, hopeful that what they heard was not something they heard out of the blue, 

"well, care to elaborate us on that"  the lazy tone that belongs to jeonghan startled the four of them, making seungkwan and seokmin squeal. 

of course, satisfied the with the reaction he got from his unannounced arrival, he waved off the glare Dino threw at him. 

"how's jun hyung?" mingyu ask, worried was clear on his face,

"he's fine .. just tired." jeonghan tells them, softly, "the location you guys were previously, was just too far away from here, it took his last strength to shimmer you guy here with no stop, which of  course it not what jun is very good at, but it obviously took a toll on him, other than that, he's fine," 

" but he pas out, how is that fine?" seungkwan ask jeonghan, clearing making it a big deal, 

sometimes, he just doesn't understand the limits of these demons, including his group of friends. sure some of them are half born demon, but these guys are fully pledged demons which consist seungcheol, jeonghan, jun, wonwoo, and jihoon. with seungcheol as their center, the other four are what you would say the wall that guards him. 

the four that controls the different type of fire which signifies the fire of hell. seungkwan sometimes forget that they're full pledge demon with how they act. 

"he's fine, seungkwan," jeonghan says in a warning tone, something he never does towards the younger ones. 

seungkwan huff, getting a little irritated for being kept in the dark, of course, he sees Dino giving jeonghan an irritational look which is being pushed away by a don't push it type of look, 

"I'm fine kwannie, " of course, speak of the devil, jun appears looking normal as ever, no sign of exhaustion and no sign of him about to pass out. he looks healthy and normal. 

"you just past out right in front me when you shimmered in here, you can't just expect me to believe you when you say you fine, you just can't" 

jun gives him a fond smile, "for now, just believe me when I say that I'm actually fine, okay?" 

"like I have a choice" he whispered to himself, loud enough for jun and jeonghan to hear, making them grin and smirk almost at the same time. 

"but back to the topic, what exactly did you both hear, that your not even sure you heard correctly ?" jeonghan turns back to mingyu and seokmin, questioning them. 

seungkwan almost forgot about what they talking about before jeonghan and jun showed up. he's almost thankful that the older actually remembered. of course, he sees Dino turning back to the two to hear what they have to say, clearly curious. 

seeing jun tense and pale upon hearing the question jeonghan ask mingyu and seokmin, he see jun giving the two an intense glare, making the two shrink further back. the action doesn't go unnoticed by jeonghan and Dino who turned towards jun. 

" jun ?"  jun spares jeonghan a glance, debating whether he should actually say something. he heavily sighs, 

"I'm pretty sure they told you the incident from when they came back, so I'm just going straight to the point here"  seungkwan hold his breath, his uneasy feeling growing, 

" the ones who were after us in the forest, it was them." jun gave a hard look to jeonghan,

 " and xiumin was apart of them too"