~please don't cry~

~ Baby, Don't Cry ~

Kyungsoo sighs as he sits on the sofa with a warm milk bottle in his hand, too tired even for a walk to the kitchen so he could put it in the fridge. He runs his free hand through his newly shaved hair, softly massaging his scalp. He could feel the skin around his new tattoo itching, freshly done and still covered in plastic wrap. Both of them are just few hours old, since he got both tattoo and the haircut the day before.

 

He’s a tattoo artist and for a tattoo artist Kyungsoo doesn’t have much tattoos. Only sets of four lines wraps around the fingers at the base above his knuckles and at the tips beneath the fingernails. Another one with “family” spells out in cursive on the side of his ring finger, which ends with a small heart. He simply loves his family a lot.

 

After Taeoh was born, he decides to get another small tattoo along the left side of his neck, his nickname for his precious husband “Nini” and the name they gave for their beautiful baby boy “Taeoh”, also spells out in cursive with a little heart in the middle to separate the names. He had to put up with Sehun’s annoying voice and constant teasing, “man, you’re so whipped” for nearly two hours to get it done.

 

Since he had done so many hair colouring for years his hair was damaged with split ends and had a coarse texture. Myth or not he decides it was the best to chop it off so he could grow it back healthier. Therefore, he just shaved his hair short before getting his tattoo done.

 

With a packed schedule and after getting his own tattoo it was past midnight when he got back home, his eight months old baby boy was fast asleep hugging his pororo plush doll and Jongin safely tucked in next to Taeoh. He didn’t have a heart to wake them up. Jongin was up for a huge surprise when he awoke. After seeing his husband’s new haircut and tattoo, Kyungsoo was rudely awaken and dragged out of the room so Jongin could shamelessly make out with his handsome husband cause according to Jongin he looks so ing hot with shaved hair and new tattoo. Kyungsoo didn’t mind though, they rarely gets time for each other without their own son ing them.

Their morning was peaceful as usual.

 

The problem arose much later.

 

Jongin is a graphic designer and usually works from home, but he had to attend his company’s monthly progress meeting so he left early without waiting for Taeoh to wake up cause they knew it would be impossible for Jongin to leave after their little munchkin got up. He’s quite attached to Jongin. It was okay though. They have done this before. Taeoh will wake up, ask for his daddy and sulk a little, nevertheless he would happily spend time with his dad until daddy gets back, like the good boy he is.

 

So after Jongin left, Kyungsoo waited for Taeoh to wake up as he made himself some simple breakfast. Upon hearing first shrill cries, Kyungsoo quickly went to pick his son up. Taeoh’s crying face was as pitiful as his daddy’s. His nose will scrunched up and big fat tears will run down on his chubby cheeks. Truly pitiful. However, they both know this fake sobbing will end as soon as one of them picks him up.

 

As soon as Kyungsoo picked him up from bed, Taeoh’s sobs slowed down. That was until he looked up at his dad’s face.

 

Taeoh is the split image of Jongin. They kinda share the same personality too. Playful with people they know but extremely shy with strangers. The only thing he got from Kyungsoo is his big eyes and long lashes.

 

Kyungsoo only had a second to guess why his son is supporting a shocked and confused look before Taeoh started to cry harder. Shoving Kyungsoo’s face away with his chubby little hands. Kyungsoo tried his absolute best to calm him down.  In the end he puts Taeoh in the crib since it’s not safe to left him on the bed and went to get his baby formula ready thinking he’ll be able to calm him down with some warm milk. However, as soon as Taeoh saw him again he started to screem at the top of his lungs. Kyungsoo was so afraid that his son would chock on his own tears if he cried any longer, he practically flew away from the room.

 

That’s how he ends up in the living room sofa with an unfinished milk bottle.

 

Kyungsoo feels like crying. He can’t just let his baby starve but Taeoh wouldn’t even let him near the crib. He can’t just call Jongin and ask for help or ask him to comeback. How pathetic is that?

 

Kyungsoo can hear his baby sobbing. It’s so painful to listen. He can’t just sit and listen to it anymore.

 

He puts the milk bottle on the coffee table and stands up. Quietly tiptoes to the nursery and peeks inside.

 

His baby angel is standing inside the crib, grabbing the railing for support, quietly sobbing. Kyungsoo is sure this time he’s not faking it.  His entire face is scrunched up and bright red, hiccupping without a break as he tries to catch his breath.

 

Kyungsoo felts a lump in his throat.

 

He gets away from the wall and makes few steps toward the crib. Unfortunately as soon as Taeoh spots him, he tries to turn around quickly but flops down on the soft pillows spread inside the crib.

 

“Taeoh-ah, what is wrong sweetness. Why are you afraid of dad?  Taeoh-ah are you sick baby?

 

Kyungsoo tries to put his palm on Taeoh’s forehead but he crawls away from Kyungsoo and hids his face among the soft pillows.

 

“okay baby, dada’s not touching you.. see he took his hand away”

 

Kyungsoo puts both hands up in surrender motion. Taeoh lifts his head up slightly; eyes still welled up in tears.

 

Kyungsoo feels hopeless. Taeoh never had thrown a fit like this before. He would change his diaper, feed him a bottle and play with him or take him to a walk. His son would squeeze Kyungsoo’s cheeks with his cute little hands, peck him on the lips, and would giggle, shouting “dada”.      

 

He can’t understand why his son doesn’t even want to look at him now. More importantly, kyungsoo doesn’t know how to make him stop crying. He’s sure crying this long is not good for his baby.

 

My poor thing must be so hungry and tired.

 

He can’t waste his time like this. He has to think fast. What would Jongin do in a situation like this? He would feed him and rock him to sleep. He can’t do any of that. His baby won’t even let him touch his forehead.

 

“this is hopeless” he mumbles to himself.

 

Suddenly the doorbell goes off making Kyungsoo jolts with shock. And like he remembers why he’s crying again, Taeoh starts his sobbing again, much harder this time.

 

The doorbell keeps ringing. If it is someone trying to sell him multi-tasking grinder, he’s going to chop him and grind him using his own grinder.

 

“look I want to bury someone deep down in earth right now, if you don’t want to be that someone, go off” Kyungsoo shouts as he slams open the door.

 

“wow hello to you too”

 

It’s Park Chanyeol.

 

He really don’t mind burring him deep down in earth.

 

“what the  you want Chanyeol?” Kyungsoo snaps at him.

 

“yo, is this a way to greet your best friend early in the morning. I even bought your ungrateful some donuts. Nice hair cut by the way. You look like a ing egg” Chanyeol holds up and wave his box of donuts.

 

Kyungsoo hates Chanyeol and his self-satisfied smirk. Why are they friends again?

 

“also I’m not here to talk with you, I’m here to see my cute godson” Chanyeol pauses for a second as he looks past Kyungsoo “and why’s my baby crying?”

 

He drops the box of donuts on the doorway without a care and shoves Kyungsoo to the side and powerwalks towards the nursery.

 

Kyungsoo picks the box and closes the door, Following Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol, he won’t even let me touch him and won’t stop crying. I was about to call Jongin and take him to the hospital”

 

Chanyeol turns around and squints his eyes at Kyungsoo. “yeah, that’s at you, not at me”

 

“I’m his biological father you er. He’s going to cry harder if you tri-”

 

Kyungsoo’s words gets stuck in his throat as Chanyeol picks Taeoh from his crib without a trouble and starts to slowly rock him back and forth, with a little bounce on his movements.

 

“why’s my sweet pie crying? Did dada Soo hit my baby? Did he? Did he? Bad dada” Chanyeol speaks softly as he comforts the crying infant.

 

And he starts to shush. Making “shhh” sounds to sooth the infant. Taeoh slowly stops his cries, reducing them down to hiccups.

 

Kyungsoo stares at him, mouth slightly ager.

 

Chanyeol chuckles at him and mouthed “you feed him?”

 

Kyungsoo mumbles “no”, still in quite shock.

 

Chanyeol sighs, “then what are you waiting for. Go prepare him a bottle”

 


 

“it’s your hair dude” Chanyeol says as he bottle feeds the kid. Sitting on the bed. Taeoh sitting nicely on Chanyeol’s lap, his back rests against his chest. Chanyeol carefully holding the bottle in one hand and the other arm, around Taeoh. Securing him to the spot. 

 

“what do you mean my hair?” Kyungsoo sits on the floor next to the bed. He still can’t believe his own son chose Chanyeol over him. Even so he’s thankful to Chanyeol, at least his baby his not crying and starving anymore.

 

“I read this article about ‘babies not recognizing their parents after they got a new hair cut’ don’t worry though. This is totally a normal reaction for the kiddos at this age. It says kiddo’s will naturally adapts to the situation in time. Right kiddo?” he bounces Taeoh a little.

 

“and you know about this? why?”

 

“well… ahm I may or may not have subscribed to a website about babies” kyungsoo keeps looking at Chanyeol.

 

“okay I did. And there was this thread about how infants didn’t recognize their parents after some major changing of their appearance” chanyeol shrugs.

 

Kyungsoo raises an eyebrow at him.

 

“I know this. Since I’m Taeoh’s godfather and I care about him more than you”

 

Kyungsoo deadpans.

 

“I got Baekhyun pregnant”

 

Kyungsoo drops his mouth in shock.

 

“and please don’t say a word about this to Baekhyun. He wants it to be a surprise and his father hates me and he’s gonna kill me before I hold my baby so just let me hold my godson now and you better act surprised when we announce the news and about our engagement”

 

“Oh f-fish

 


 

Jongin bounces the baby on his lap. Kyungsoo nervously sits close to him. Waiting.

 

“Taeoh-ah look it’s your dada” Jongin points at kyungsoo. “can’t you recognize him baby, he’s your dad with less hair” Jongin giggles. The current situation is too entertaining to him.

 

Taeoh is still refusing to look at him. Kyungsoo tries again.

 

“baby it’s your dada. Just like daddy said…. with less hair” Kyungsoo gently touches Taeoh’s hand, to which Taeoh responds, turning his face towards him. His big eyes supporting a confused look.

 

“Soo why don’t you try singing to him? you do that every day. You even used to sing at my baby bump when I was pregnant with him” Jongin gently touches Kyungsoo’s shoulder. Giving a quick massage and a supporting pat.

 

“okay I’ll try” Kyungsoo opens his mouth and starts to sing moon river waltz gently. He used to sing it to Jongin almost every night. Because supposedly, the soft tunes of the song calms the baby.

 

Kyungsoo gently swings Taeoh’s hand left to right as he sings.

 

Taeoh looks confused for a moment but then his whole face lights up and he stars giggling cutely. He bends forward to grab Kyungsoo’s face. Kyungsoo leans in. Taeoh pats Kyungsoo’s cheeks hardly and calls him “dada”. His cheeks hurt like a but he doesn’t mind. He stops singing as his eyes got wells up with tears.

 

He hurriedly takes Taeoh away from Jongin’s hold and kisses every inch of his face.

 

“yes Taeoh, it’s your dada”

 

“dada” Taeoh shouts loudly. Leaning up and pecks him on lips.

 

“god this feels like his first time calling me ‘dada’” Kyungsoo sobs, no longer able to hold his tears.

 

“awwww you big baby. Of course Taeoh loves you. He was just confused, right sweetheart? Jongin pinches his son’s chubby cheeks, making him giggle.

 

“he has my looks, my personality and of course he loves his dada the most” Jongin winks at Kyungsoo.

 

Kyungsoo bursts into a loud laugh. “don’t tempt me Nini”

 

“well that was the plan” Jongin whispers playfully and goes back to caring daddy mode as he combs Taeoh’s hair with his fingers

 

“by the way, you should thank Chanyeol properly. Why did he even know all this?”

 

“he got Baekhyun pregnant and currently losing his s-  oh that was supposed to be a secret” well, he could never keep a secret from Jongin”

 

Jongin laughs loudly. “I guess I have to act surprised then”

 

 


 

A/N

Hello everyone *waves*

I really appreciate your comments so if you have time please don’t forget to leave comment. It could be about anything and please point out my mistakes if you found any. It’ll help me to improve my language skills.

Thank you so much for reading <3 love y’ll

Ah and I have another story. Please give it a chance if you like this one. (shamelessly  promoting – sorry TT) 

https://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/1304564

(Kid!Yoonmin, KId!kaisoo, hunhan, sulay, Taeyeon x Hoseok, mentions about namjin and xiuchen)