Prologue

Alice: The Stranger

"Let's play a game." the speakers around the house had produced an unfamiliar voice.

Our current confusion as to where we are suddenly shifted to the announcement. We're all collected in the living room looking around to find some kind of clue about who the heck is the person behind the voice. There's me, 2 other girls and 7 boys. 

 "It's an easy one. You just have to find someone called the stranger." it almost feel like there's a grin on the statement.

 "Stranger? What stranger?" one of the boys, the tall and thin one, voiced out what could be the question of everyone. "Who the heck are you?" 

"There is a stranger among you. You only have to let me know who you think is that person within a month and all of you will be free, except for the chosen stranger, of course." he completely disregarded the question for his identity.

We are in a cage, a cage in form of a house. Whoever is speaking through the intercom might be the person responsible. And now, he's toying with us.

"Stranger? As in someone we don't know?" this time, a boy with black hair and a pierced ear spoke.

He laughed as if he was very amused with the question. "It seems that you have too little understanding of the word." 

 All the boys exchanged looks giving the feeling that they know each other. The other girls looked more confused like I do. 

 "What kind of context of the word 'stranger' are you trying to say?" finally, I let out my concern. I'm afraid everything becomes more dangerously confusing at a time.

"Stranger - the person you know but don't know. The stranger is not of this world, one that doesn't belong here. But the person might be a someone you know. "

"That doesn't even make sense!" a small-eyed guy exclaimed. Everyone's getting frustrated. 

 There was an ominous chuckle. "Only the stranger will know what I mean."

"This guy is really playing with us." the guy who has this strong aura seems to be more frustrated than any of us here. He seems to be ready to vent out his agitation. 

 "Of course, playing is the only thing you do to a game. Don't you agree?"

"This is crazy. He's crazy." the girl with long straight hair mutters.

"What if we don't choose or find this stranger?" I asked, hopefully thinking this is nothing more than a child's play.

"Then, all of you will die." 

The condition he just brought us came along with horror. We all seemed to stop breathing at that moment. He made it sound so easy at the beginning. Who knew it would come to this?

"After a month and you don't choose, one will die the next coming day. Then another on the next and another until all of you dies. Or, you can all die at the same time. I'll give you the luxury to choose."

 No one says anything. The silence raised the volume of my heart beating hard.

"If there are no more questions, I'll be leaving you to rest then. Have a good night! Play hard and nice."

There's a beep that resounded through the speakers. Silence has dominated the place and no one reacts. The night was generous to come and visit us on the start of what seems to be our doom igniting our fears for what uncertain things will come from hereon. 

 We woke up one afternoon in a house in a middle of nowhere. The ten of us found each other in the living room and figured we're the only living things in this place until the speakers by the nooks of the house proved otherwise. 

 Now, we're thrown in a game that will change our lives forever... or even end it. 

 Can somebody tell us? What did we get ourselves into?