Party

Shattered

Sehun sets the books he had gotten from the bookstore down, keeping them piled beside the piano. Kyungsoo sits on the bench and Chanyeol stands beside him. They had to have the piano lessons at Sehun's home, due to the school being closed for a week or two.
"Can't believe you're actually dating him," Kyungso sighs. "Even though-"

"I think it's great, Sehun," Chaneyol cuts in happily. "Kyungsoo, you're talking about wanting Sehun to get over Luhan! You should be happy!"

Sehun opens his mouth to say something but stops when Kai walks in, Baekhyun beside him. He stands up, smiling weakly when Kai looks at him.
"Hey," He greets. "I brought Baekhyun liked you asked, Sehun."

Sehun raises his brows. "I didn't ask..." He trails off before looking at Chanyeol. "...Yeol?"

Chanyeol laughs nervously as he casually stands beside Baekhyun. "What? Wow, that's...that's so weird!" Sehun glares at him before grabbing his phone and checking the messages. When he finds nothing, he goes over and snatches Chanyeol's. "H-hey!"

Sehun opens up the chat with Kai and gasps.

Chnyl: heeeyy! Sehun said to bring Baekhyun!! ^_^

Kai: what really?

Chnyl: yep!! Don't ask me why! 

Kai: not sure what baekhyun is gonna do but sure

Sehun shows it to Chanyeol. "Really?" Chanyeol grabs his phone and looks down at Baekhyun, nervously. Baekhyun crosses his arm and catches his eyes; causing Chanyeol to shyly look away.

"I think it's cute," Baekhyun chuckles. "Well, Kai, if you really didn't need me..."

"I guess not," Kai shakes his head.

Baekhyun grabs onto Chanyeol's arm. "Come on, you big giant. Buy me dinner." Sehun crosses his arm, continuing to glare even as his friend happily walks off. Kyungsoo lets out a small laugh before heading to the door as well.

"You're leaving as well?" Sehun asks and his friend nods.

"I..." He glances at Kai and then back to Sehun. "Have to study?"

"Uh huh..."

"Yeah, good luck." Kyungsoo gives one of his heart-shaped mischievous grins before quickly leaving. Sehun shakes his head as he slides his jacket off and sits on the bench.

"They've been kind of weird since I told them about us."

"You told them?" Kai sits beside him.

"No," Sehun sighs. "They just know me too well. They already knew you came from dinner."

"They don't know about Luhan, do they?" Kai asks. "About how he came over?" When Sehun shakes his head, visibly upset just by the idea of Luhan, Kai brings his hand up to his back. He shakes his head as well. "Let's just focus on his, alright?" Sehun smiles when he notices Kai down at the books.

"Those are for you."

"...I'm going to have to read those?"

"Yup."

"...all of them?"

"All of them."

Kai sighs as he looks back at Sehun's hands; watching as they flex and prepare. "You're lucky you're cute." Sehun hums happily, sitting upright at the compliment and at his victory. 

"I have an electric piano for you to borrow, too," Sehun says. "For whenever I'm busy with school or something."

Kai watches as Sehun leans over, grabbing a sheet from between the pages of the books. "Sehun, is it...alright that we're here?"

"Sure," Sehun shrugs as he sets the paper up. It's a chart of all the major keys. "If my parents come by, I'll just start playing myself. Say you're watching me or something."

"And if they want to hear me play?"

"Your hands are cramped and you're resting."

Kai chuckles as he looks at the keys himself, touching some of them. "You either already thought this through, or you lie to your parents A LOT."

Sehun smiles sadly at that. "A lot more than I want to, Kai. Now, forget about it and start playing. Get used to the feel of the keys." When Kai looks like he wants to say something, Sehun gives him a pointed look. With a sigh, Kai sits up properly and sets his hands on the keys.

"So, you wanna go to a party?" Kai asks as he fiddles with the piano. 

"Sure," Sehun says casually. "We can get faced and makeout."

Kai looks at him. "Really?!"

"No," Sehun laughs.

"Not even the second part...?"

Sehun smacks his arm gently, forcing him to look back at the music sheet. "Where and who is hosting?"

"Uhh...my place," Kai says slowly. "and Luhan."

"Hmm...wow let me think about that- no."

Kai groans. "Come on, babe!" He begs. "I wanna take you to a party and flaunt you. I promised Taemin he could dress you too."

"Kai, it's..." Sehun sighs. "It's Luhan."

Kai stops playing and looks at him. He brushes some hair from Sehun's eyes, which he loves, and shrugs. "Who gives a ? Let's flaunt each other. Show him you're over it."

"I don't know..." Sehun mumbles.

Kai leans back and smirks. "We can make out. Right there on the couch."

Sehun gasps and blushes, looking away shyly. "So you DO have an ulterior motive!" That makes Kai shake his head and let out a laugh.

"No, I just want to go to a party with you. Kyungsoo, Chanyeol, and Taemin can go too. So you don't feel so scared." Kai wraps an arm around Sehun's shoulder and whispers in his ear. "Come on, let's show him."

Sehun can't help but shiver a little. Kai has a damn alluring voice and knows it. He takes a deep breath and nods. "A-alright. But just for you." When Kai leans in for a kiss, Sehun gasps at the sound of footsteps. Kai quickly sits up and pulls his arm back just as Sehun's mother walks in.

"Good job!" Kai pats Sehun's back. "You're doing well!"

Sehun sets his hands on the keys. "Thanks." He looks back at his mom and smiles. "Hey, mom."

"Oh! I didn't realize Jongin was over today!" She exclaims. "Are you two practicing?"

Sehun nods. "Jongin is helping me a little."

"Oh, Jongin. Can I hear you play?"

"Sorry, ma'am," Kai chuckles. "I'm a little shy in front of people and I think I cramped my hand up earlier." He's too good at lying sometimes.

Sehun's mother sighs. "That's alright, dear. you two have fun." With another wave of her hand, she leaves them alone, heading back downstairs. Sehun looks at Kai, glaring at his smug expression.

"So...I'll tell Taemin you want to go shopping."

"You ."

"Well, not yet."

Sehun gasps as Kai pulls out a phone, yet another wink.

"I'm afraid to ask what you planned on wearing," Taemin sighs as he rummages through his closest, pulling out some of his own things. He had brought Sehun to his own home to help him get ready. Of course, Sehun's parents would be confused as to why Sehun had a friend over at like 8 at night. That, and why is Sehun all dressed up?

"I was under the impression I had no choice in the matter."

"That's true," Taemin shrugs with a grin. He puts some clothing into Sehun's arms and pushes him towards his personal bathroom. "Off you go." 

Sehun grumbles as he shuffles into one mirrored rooms. When he shrugs on the tight pants, he frowns at them. "These pants are pretty tight, Taemin," Sehun calls out.

"The better to see your , my dear," he replies and Sehun rolls his eyes.

"Okay, and what about this tight t-shirt? it's kind of-"

"The better to see your taut abs, my dear," Taemin coos, trying not to laugh.

"What abs?! Taemin, come on!" Sehun steps out and lifts his arms. "Look! This...this is tight!"

"But it's comfortable?" Taemin raises a brow and Sehun sighs.

"Y-yes but..." Sehun blushes and crosses his arms. "It's so..."

"Look, kid," Taemin wraps an arm around Sehun's shoulder. "You usually ALWAYS wear your little sweaters and such. Come on, breath a little. LIVE a little."

"Not like I have a choice," Sehun grumbles as he extends his arms, allowing the blonde to slide some random bracelets on him; as well as some rings. "You're not going to do my make-up, are you?" By the smug grin Taemin as on, he already knows the answer. "I've never worn make-up before."

"I'll go easy on you this time, then," Taemin says as he pushes Sehun down in front of a vanity. "Being Kai's boyfriend, you'll probably go to a couple of parties with him."

"Why do you say that?" He watches in awe as Taemin expertly applies eyeliner to one of Sehun's eyes.

"He likes to flaunt what he owns," He shrugs, moving onto Sehun's other eye. "Even though he doesn't own you, and he knows it, he'll still want to show you off. Especially to Luhan. Probably sort of a  ' you, look what I got', but in a romantic way!"

"Has he dated before?"

"Sort of," Taemin shrugs as he steps back to admire his handy work. "On and off, no one really lasted." when he sees the worried look on Sehun's face, he pats his head. "Don't worry. He never liked the others as much as he likes you. and it was mostly girls that his mother tried forcing him to date."

Sehun understands that one. His own parents tried to get him to date a couple of girls; he, of course, decided to indulge them. A few dinners but then an "I'm so sorry, but I don't think I'm interested in a second date.". Most of them were pretty understanding. But one or two got y and cursed him out. He listened and just smiled before saying goodbye and leaving. At least the only good thing about his parents knowing he's gay is...no more random girls!

"Oh, look how cute you look!" Taemin claps, setting the pencil down. When steps away, Sehun scowls at himself. He didn't look too different but it was still a difference. "Lipstick?" Sehun glares at him. "Okay, fine." He pouts. "Lip gloss?" More glares. Taemin gives up and just decides to put lip balm on him. He grabs the brush and goes to work.

"Kai already knows how I look; why wear makeup?"

"It's fun to doll up once and a while. You already know Kai adores your little natural look, but it doesn't hurt."

"My parents would kill me..."

"Good thing you're not home OR going to see your parents," Taemin laughs. "That little good boy attitudes needs to come off sometime."

Sehun grabs his own leather jacket and pulls it on. He gets a good look at Taemin now. He wears the normal, but his makeup seems a lot more...intense? With black eyeliner, and a light, smokey eyeshadow; it was subtle but noticeable enough to make a difference. His hair is the same platinum mess it always is, but his usual shirt is replaced by a fishnet mesh. His tight leather pants are tucked into similar combat boots to Kai. He looked like a rock star; he always does.

"Ready, kiddo?" Taemin asks, getting a quick look at himself real quick. "We're meeting Kai at the party." He takes another look at Sehun as well, making sure he looks perfect. As he fixes Sehun's choker, he smiles at the boy. "You nervous?"

"Kind of..."

"Because of Luhan, huh?" Taemin shrugs. "If he gives you any problems, I'll kick his skinny little . Host or not."

Sehun smiles at that. "Thanks..."

Taemin wraps an arm around Sehun's shoulder, turning the light off and leading him out the door. "Hey, you're Kai's boyfriend. That means we're practically family now." Sehun takes the helmet when handed one, not hesitating when getting behind Taemin on his motorcycle. He's been on Kai's enough time to know the drill. Oh, his parents would DEFINITELY kill him for this. 

Sehun pulls his helmet off when they arrive, handing it back to Taemin. He looks at Kai's house, loud music playing from open windows and the open front door. He assumes Kai either got a text from Taemin or heard them approach, because he saunters out of the front door, beer in hand.  "Heeey!" Kai greets as he happily walks to him. He doesn't seem drunk just yet. He wraps an arm around Sehun's shoulder, blushing down at his face. "Whoa," He laughs. "You look...kinda hot."

Sehun crosses his arms, his own cheeks turning red. "You're...just drunk."

"Think again, babe," Kai waves his unopened beer. "This'll be my first!"

"And who will drive me home later?" Sehun raises his brows and Kai shrugs.

"Just stay at my place," Kai says simply before pulling Sehun towards the party. Taemin jogs in front of them, immediately getting into the party mood as he shrugs off his jacket. He chuckles when now seeing Taemin's back tattoo of a wolf; the words under it reading 'raised by wolves'.  

"Classy."

"I have one too," Kai pushes his sleeve up, revealing the same tattoo but on the other side of his forearm. Now he knows why he wore long-sleeves around Sehun's parents. 

"Raises by wolves, huh?"

"We're wild boys, baby!" Sehun wrinkles his nose when Kai presses a single kiss on his neck. "Let's get wild tonight. You wanna try your first beer?"

Sehun opens his mouth to say no but sighs when he sees the hopeful look on Kai's face. He purses his lips, thinking about it. He knows Kai wouldn't pressure him into anything, so he just shrugs. "Sure, why not?"

Kai laughs as he pulls his arm back and opens the can of alcohol. Sehun makes the mistake of smelling it first. He gags, suddenly wondering why anyone would else drink it. With a deep exhale of breath, he just goes for it; causing Taemin to suddenly cheer. "Woo!" Sehun wrinkles his nose as he hands the beer back to Kai. He makes a disgusted noise, trying to spit it out of his mouth; but the damage was done. Kai laughs again as he hands the beer to Taemin, letting him have it.

"Sorry," He apologizes. "Hey, at least you tried it- I'm proud of you."

"H-how do you know it was my first?" Sehun asks.

"You're so cute," Kai sighs, placing his hand on the crook of Sehun's back and leading him to the party. "It's horribly obvious that this is your first party."

"SECOND party."

"The FIRST party," Kai corrects him. "The first one was a bonfire, hardly a party." When his boyfriend offers to take his coat, Sehun gives him a weird look but lets him shrug it off. He watches as Kai hangs it by his own and Taemin's; he's just not used to...manners. Sehun stands still and scans the crowd, looking for Luhan. When he notices the Chinese man sitting on the couch, talking and drinking, he decides to still as close to Kai's side as possible. He leans down to Sehun's ear and whispers. "You need to relax, Hun." He leads Sehun through the crowd and towards where everyone else was dancing. He stands behind him, grabbing onto Sehun's hips.

"Seriously," Kai grins. "You need to stop being so tense." Sehun nods nervously, following Kai's lead as he staggers his feet. He begins to guide his hips from side to side, beginning with swinging together with the loud beat. Kai uses one hand to clasp onto Sehun's hand, interviewing their fingers as he keeps his other one still rests on his hip. They stay that way for a moment before Kai brings his hand down to the top of Sehun's hipbone.  Sehun begins to feel...warm. And he doubts it's from the sweating or the hot temperature in the room. This feeling intensifies as Kai explores his arms and hips, switching to different places. "Are you...alright?" Kai mumbles, the heat obviously getting to him as well. "Should I stop?"

Sehun slowly shakes his head. "N-no, you don't have to..."

"But-"

"Don't stop," Sehun cuts in. He already knows what the feeling in his stomach is; he's felt it before, with Luhan. Of course, he didn't feel ready at that time, so they stopped. But something feels different with Kai. He's safe, comfortable, warm. Like even if Sehun said he wanted to and then suddenly changed his mind, he'd never guilt trip him or ever try to pressure him. Sehun swallows hard and turns, wrapping his arms around Kai's neck. He stares into his eyes, smiling shyly as they stupidly slow dance. Slow dancing, in the middle of bouncing drunks, to pop music; strange, but kind of romantic in a weird way. 

"How are you feeling?" Kai asks with a lazy smile. "Are you alright?"

Sehun nods. "I'm okay," He says truthfully. And he is alright, regardless of Luhan watching them carefully. He didn't feel uncomfortable, quite the opposite. Kai smiles again, leaning down to give his forehead a gentle kiss. It makes him flutter and gets him to move closer. He wants to be as close as possible to him, wants to be shielded from everything. 

-------------------------