Chapter 2

In A World With You [HAITUS]

Chapter 2

"Hey, miss! You can't sleep here !" Jisoo jolted awake, the blinding light of the guard's torchlight filling her vision. 

Jisoo held out a hand in front of her, a shield not so much from the light than from the crushing reality.
The guard lowered his torch, "Miss? You don't look so good. You okay?"

Jisoo glared at him. Yes, she was okay, and she'd have been much more than okay if he'd left her alone and allowed her to indulge herself in her dreams.

And yet she knew the man had just been doing his job. She sighed, "Sorry. Had a bad day."

She dusted herself off, before heading back to the apartment she now lived alone in. The apartment she used to share with Lisa. The apartment which she still felt partial to. After Lisa's death, Jisoo hadn't wanted to clear up Lisa's stuff.

It would make her death seem more real.

So entering the apartment was like entering a shrine of Lisa's; her items were still strewn around the apartment. It felt like Lisa still lived here. Felt like Jisoo hadn't spent every night the past year waiting to no avail for Lisa's return.

Jisoo still waited for Lisa, she's always has and she always will. She waited until the immense weight of her eyelids became unbearable.

Then the darkness faded in from around her.

================================

Jisoo saw herself stranded alone on a deserted island. She was cold, lonely and the darkness surrounded her, threatening to swallow her from within. 

Then she saw her old best friend Jennie walking towards her, arm in arm with Chaeyoung, her girlfriend.

"Jennie?" Jisoo's small voice didn't reach them.

Jisoo had to try again. She had to know.

"JENNIE" Jisoo shouted, her voice this time full and loud, the sound reverberating about the space around them.

Jennie turned around.

"Is Lisa alive where you're headed?" Jisoo asked, knowing she was clutching at straws, but she was past caring. 

"Actually," Jennie smiled, "she is." 

Jisoo's eyes widened, and she felt constrict. "Lisa is? She's alive? I knew she was, I always did." Jisoo's voice lowered to a whisper, the elation in here eyes undeniable.

Jisoo saw Chaeyoung nudge Jennie before whispering in her ear. 

"What's wrong? Bring me to her, please." Jisoo began to feel something was wrong, very wrong. But she had to get to Lisa.

"TAKE ME TO LISA," she screamed in agony, but Jennie and Chaeyoung were gone, as if they were mere apparitions, manifestations of her own desire.

Jisoo felt as if her heart had been wrenched out of her chest. She had to see Lisa. She had to.

And yet what surrounded her was the empty, hateful darkness that taunted her. Jisoo reached up only to find tears scoring her cheeks.

She tried, once more- a final, desperate appeal.

"Take me to Lisa."