Chapter 3

In A World With You [HAITUS]

Chapter 3

The sound of whispering dragged Jisoo from the clutches of her dreams.

"What time is it?" she groaned, the headache that now plagued her senses sent pulsating shots of pain through her head.

"Ten," a familiar voice of distant past replied, "you slept well."

Then realisation dawned on Jisoo. She lived alone in her apartment. How would someone be talking to her? 

Unless Lisa was back.

Jisoo felt the last remnants of sleep roll of her, and with great excitement she leapt out of bed. 

"Lisa!"

Except the sight that greeted her was neither Lisa nor the interior of her apartment. Instead she saw the two people that had brought her both hurt and elation in her dreams last night.

"Jennie? Chaeyoung?" she asked, discombobulated, "What in the world is going on?"

Her high school friends looked at each other, their eyes speaking volumes. Jisoo sighed, melancholy spreading through her. She and Lisa used to communicate without words, too.

Jennie was the first to start. "While you might be a little confused, Chichu," Jennie said uncertainly, "I assure you that this has all been a mistake."

Jennie looked to her girlfriend for help.

Chaeyoung sighed, "We've made a very, very grave mistake and I hope you promise to keep calm, Chichu, you know how you tend to overreact."

Jisoo furrowed her brows in annoyance, "Get to the point, guys, I'm glad we're meeting for the first time in months and all, but you know what's most important to me."

The pair exchanged glances once more, before Jennie stepped up to her and softly said "This isn't your world Chichu."

Jisoo hadn't felt this confused in months. 
"What the heck are you talking about? Jenduekie I love you and all, but you guys drive me nuts with your words."

Chaeyoung shook her head, "We're not fooling around Chichu, we've accidentally brought you to another world," Chaeyoung took Jennie's hand, "our world."

Jisoo felt as if someone had stolen her ability of speech. Another world? She wasn't one to believe such idiocracy, and yet her friends' faces were incredibly grave.

"This might be a shock to you," Jennie continued, "but it's true."

"We messed up so bad," Chaeyoung groaned, covering her face with her hands in frustration.

Then Jisoo remembered what the pair had said in her dream last night. And then it became the only thing in her mind.

"Where is Lisa?" she found herself asking yet again, her voice surprisingly steady.

"We can't t-" Jennie started.

"Take me to Lisa." Jisoo's voice was a lot stronger than how she currently felt. The thought of seeing Lisa again made her knees weak and dry.

Jisoo couldn't stand wasting time here when Lisa was alive and breathing, when her Lisa had finally come back. She couldn't do it. 

Lisa was here. And that was all that mattered.

And yet why couldn't her friends understand and be happy for her ? Jennie was holding her left arm, Chaeyoung her right. They were restricting her from leaving.

"TakE ME TO LISA, THAT'S ALL I ASK" Jisoo felt her body fill with unlimited fight.

"We can't do that Jisoo," Chaeyoung said, her words through clenched teeth from the effort.

"So TELL ME WHY YOU CAN'T DO THAT" Jisoo screamed, close to tears. 

Jennie lost her patience, "because...because you died a year ago." 

 

 

____________________________

A/N: hi guys I hope y'all are enjoying the story so far and how do y'all like the cover ? I spent ages on it haha thanks for reading and don't forget to leave an upvote and subscribe ! thanks ❤