Chapter 1

In A World With You [HAITUS]

Chapter 1

Jisoo didn't get the point of death anniversaries. 'Congratulations on being dead for a year now'? That didn't sound right.
But then again neither did death.

Jisoo leaned the bouquet of white roses against the tombstone, the tips of her fingers brushing across the cold surface. She hadn't known what kind of flowers to bring; she never knew Lisa's favourite flower was and she would never know now.

That was one of the things she regretted the most- she would never know the answer to the things she neglected to ask Lisa about.

And yet the funny thing about death was the questionable finality of it. The seemingly endless number of possibilities of which one could come up with as to where one goes at the end of their life.

At the start Jisoo was certain it was a nightmare- a horrible, never-ending nightmare. One that she would wake up from soon enough and Lisa would be there to hold her and tell her that everything was alright.

But now she wasn't so sure. Standing before the mound of dirt that was Lisa's grave, Jisoo felt as if she couldn't lie to herself any longer. Reality was a stinging slap across Jisoo's face, the realisation digging deep into her, leaving scorch marks across the surface of her skin.

Stepping back, she shut her eyes, allowing the tears to finally cascade down her cheeks like waterfalls that saw no end.

================================

"Jisoo? Are you okay?" 

Jisoo awoke to the gentle cooing of her girlfriend. Her eyes flew open, taking in the sight of Lisa leaning over her, her girlfriend's eyebrows furrowed in worry. Jisoo reached up to find her own forehead lined with sweat and tears rolling down her cheeks.

Jisoo grasped desperately at Lisa, needing to feel her realness. She pulled Lisa toward her, fervently planting kisses all over Lisa's face.

"Lisa...Lisa," she whispered, her voice hoarse against her raw throat, "don't leave me." 
She tugged at Lisa with alarming urgency.

Then Jisoo felt Lisa holding her against the spot under Lisa's jaw- just above her collarbone: Jisoo's spot. Jisoo felt the fists she didn't know she had tighten unfurl, her body relaxing to the familiarity. 

She felt Lisa murmur against her forehead, "I will never leave you."