Two Kingdoms

Uthando

Amandla: a kingdom of power and strengthen, ruled by generations by the Park family, never stirring from their place of power.

 

Imvelo: a land filled with beauty and nature, governed by the Kim family, and their many sons, from many different backgrounds, always b with sunshine and nature.

 

Two kingdoms, so very different, yet so very similar. What one lacked was the others strengthen. This became very apparent during the ogre wars. As one kingdom starved and was stricken with harsh winter, the other was weak, and easily invaded by the ogres. It was only with the recent death of the king of Imvelo did the kingdoms realize their dependence upon each other.

 

~ Present ~

 

“Welcome your majesty! We are simply delighted that you have found the time despite your busy schedule, to meet with us this week” Jimin’s parents greeted warmly while bring the new king into a friendly embrace. “We know you have had a lot of responsibility suddenly placed upon you, but we just want you to know that we are here to support you with any help you may need. We are sure you will keep Imvelo in perfect condition, just as your father did.” The king spoke in the same fatherly tone he gave Jimin as he placed his hand on the young man’s shoulder.

 

“Thank you very much for your kindness, your majesties, and please call me Seokjin. It feels a bit weird to be spoken to so formally by my elders,” Seokjin said with a small chuckle. “Also allow me to formally introduce my company. “This is the second oldest son of my late father, Kim Namjoon, and this little devil is the youngest of the brothers, Kim Taehyung.”

 

“Pleasure to meet you” Namjoon greeted with a small bow.

 

“Thanks for helping out my bro!” Taehyung exclaimed while delivering an excited handshake to the King of Amandla.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet both of you, this is my son, the eldest and the youngest, as he is my only child, Park Jimin.” Jimin’s father said while gesturing to his son standing beside him.

 

“Hello there, it’s quite an honor to meet you your majesty.” Jimin spoke gracefully, and bowed his head in respect.

 

“The pleasure is mine.” Seokjin replied while reaching down and gently kissing the Prince’s hand, bringing a bit of discomfort to the prince. And unknown to both the Prince or the King, this action was being watched by critical eyes, glaring at the other party.

 

“Well, now that we are all acquainted, shall we move to the garden for lunch?” Jimin’s father suggested.

 

~ In the Garden ~

 

Everyone was smiling and laughing over Taehyung’s unique way of eating his sandwich – seeing as how he would empty the filing from the sandwich, and place the bread, and filing into his soup to eat altogether. The lunch was light-hearted filled with laughter and small talk about how each country is dealing with their respective issues, until the Jimin’s father suddenly took a serious turn.

 

“So, Seokjin, we got word that your troops are dwindling by the second as they are faced with the ogres at the front lines.” Seokjin’s eyes suddenly dimmed as he looked down at his food.

 

“Yes, my soldiers are indeed struggling to face the ogres, as our kingdom is still unable to craft any kind of weapon which may give us an upper hand.” Seokjin commented aloud, to no one in particular. “But I assure you, our crops are still safe, and the harvest with be bountiful enough to share with your kingdom again this year your majesty.” Seokjin said with a smile directed at the king.

 

The kings face only hardened at his words, and with a sigh began to speak “Actually Seokjin, the winter has been very harsh this year, our harvest was less than half last year. And you already know of how many troops we must feed, I’m afraid it would be too much to ask of your kingdom to supply us though this harsh season.” the king now was unable to look Seokjin in the eyes, and was lifelessly playing with his food.

 

Sensing the drastic drop in mood, Jimin attempted to change the subject, “I heard you are looking for a new ruler to join you on the throne Seokjin, did you have anyone in mind?”

 

Seokjin, very relieved for the change of topic, turned towards Jimin, “Yes, it is true I am looking for someone to rule beside me. But I don’t have any serious candidates yet.” Seokjin said with a slight blush. Following his gaze, Jimin thought he saw Seokjin looking at his brother Namjoon for a moment, but that’s nonsense. Why would looking at his brother make him blush? Jimin wondered, but his thoughts were quickly interrupted by his mother’s voice.

 

“Oh, but you are so handsome! I’m sure mothers all through the kingdom are dying to have you as their son-in-law” Jimin’s mother add playfully to the conversation.

 

Seokjin gave a slight chuckle and continued with his reasoning, “Well I am still looking for someone to fill in that position, and hope to find the right person before the next harvest.” Seokjin finished, and picked up his tea.

 

“That is way to ambitious of you brother,” Taehyung chimed in, now finished with his food, “You are far to picky to find someone that soon. So far everyone who has come, hasn’t been kind enough, or too smart, or you even said that one was too pretty! How can someone be too pretty?!” Taehyung exclaimed while flailing his arms around himself.

 

“Well, this is a big decision you know, I for one believe he should take his time, until he finds the perfect one.” Namjoon suddenly commented, and for a second, Jimin could have sworn it was Namjoon blushing this time while looking at his brother Seokjin.

 

“I’ve got it!” Jimin’s father suddenly stood up and declared to all the guests at the table, “You can marry Jimin!” his father said while pointing a finger at both his son and Seokjin.

 

“B-but father, I already said I wanted to marry my precious Koo-“ Jimin tried to reason with his father before the situation got out of hand.


“Oh, that sounds wonderful dear!” Jimin’s mother suddenly said in a dreamy voice, “Then I while have two royal sons! And we can have the wedding here at the castle, with the staff here, we could have it ready by next week!” Jimin’s mother continued despite her son’s voice attempting to reason with her. “It will be perfect, you don’t have to worry about a thing!” Jimin’s mother said while clasping Seokjin’s hands from across the table.

 

Suddenly beaming with joy, Jimin’s father looked at Seokjin, “What do you say my boy? Jimin would be the perfect ruler for your kingdom, and our lands with finally be strong enough to become one, it will be the solution to all our problems!” Jimin’s father finished while looking at Seokjin with expectant eyes.

 

Suddenly feeling all eyes on him Seokjin made a quick decision, thinking only of bettering his kingdom, and protecting all its people from the impending ogres, “Of course, Jimin is perfect. I will accept this marriage proposal.

 

Next Chapter: A Mere Shield

~Katta