Prince Jimin of Amandla

Uthando

"Please young lord, you mustn't leave the palace again! This is very dangerous, what if you get hurt!" the poor servants pleaded and begged, but Jimin's mind was already made up. With one more kick of his leg and a swift salute to the palace guards Prince Jimin was over the palace walls and out in the public gardens of Amandla. 

"Your coat sir," Jungkook said while helping the young prince into his more common clothes as soon as Jimin landed. "I have arranged for your fencing lessons to be pushed back to 4 p.m. today, so we must be back to the palace at precisely 3:45 p.m. to ensure you are ready for your lessons sir."  

"You're always such a worry-wort!" Jimin replied with a slight ruffling of Jungkook's perfectly styled hair, "Let loose every once in a while! Not everything has to follow a schedule Kookie." And there he goes again. Prince Jimin, the only heir to the Park family, rulers of Amandla for hundreds of years, care free as ever despite being less than a year away from his 21st birthday when he will inherit the throne. Despite the massive responsibilities weighing on his shoulders, the seemingly never-ending schedules from his butler, and his parents constant nagging to find a suitor, it is amazing the prince is still able to enjoy the simple pleasures of strolling through the streets of his kingdom and conversing with the commoners. These walks have become the highlight of the entire kingdom, fans leave their houses, and wait days around the castle for just a glance at the most eligible bachelor in the kingdom, and his sinfully handsome butler. Together these two have become the biggest heartthrobs Amandla has ever seen!

"Where to first sir? The market has just received a new shipment of fresh produce from Imvelo, as well as some new fabrics if you desire more common clothes for your walks, sir." At first Jimin didn't respond, he simply took in the view that was Park Jungkook. Despite having known him for over half his life, and raised side by side as butler and prince, Jimin still doesn't think he could ever be tired of mentally tracing his strong cheek bones, soft lips, and always perfectly styled hair. "Sir?" Jungkook asked again, looking directly at the prince this time, only for him to continue to stare back into his eyes. Jimin is sure it was his eyes which made him fall for his younger butler. Eyes so full of life and hope, yet overwhelmed with sorrow and hardship. Jimin knows the best what kind of hardships Jungkook has overcome to become the person he is now, and is only more drawn to the boy because of his troubled past, even now though, Jimin wonders where this boy would be now had he not stopped the carriage all those years ago. He could have been dead, he could have followed the same path as his parents, or he could have - "Prince Jimin Sir!" Jungkook finally yelled to get the elder's attention. 

"Huh, oh! Um, let's go get some produce, I want to get some flowers for mother, and maybe some melons for father." 

"Very well sir, I will have what-ever you choose sent back to the palace and delivered before the end of your fencing lesson, which you will be late for if you continue to dottle." And with that the Prince was off to stroll the market accompanied by his ever-faithful butler. 

“Half off cherries!”

“Two for one cotton!”

“Fresh shipment of meat!”

“Best stew in the kingdom!”

“Hot tea! Get it now!” the market was as lively as ever with the hustle and bustle of the kingdom on this Monday in Amandla. Jungkook and Jimin were making their way through the crowd on their way to a little flower shop tucked away behind the large streets of the market area.

“Prince Jimin! We didn’t expect you back so soon!” the elderly woman shouted from behind the counter flashing a beaming smile at the young prince.

“Well of course I’d be back to visit the best flower shop in all the kingdom, I mean I can only bring the best for mother.” Jimin replied while making is way to the counter.

“Did I hear something about a prince is giving us a visit?” the woman’s husband questioned as he appeared from behind the curtain behind the counter leading to the storage room. “And he has brought his handsome friend with him this time as well.” Both Jimin and Jungkook have visited the flower shop several times separately, but this is the first time the elderly couple has seen them together.

“Simply his butler sir” Jungkook replied with a slight bow. With the duties of being the personal butler to the young prince with thousands of adoring fans, Jungkook was a frequent customer of this flower shop, because despite showing no interest in the many girls fawning after the prince, he has been known to return flowers to every letter, gift, or marriage proposal received, along with a kind-hearted note of rejection.

“In need of the usual today boys?” the man asked while beginning to arrange the usual bouquet of rejection.

“No, actually I am here for a present to my mother.” Jimin quickly stated with a soft grin playing on his lips. “Two dozen assorted carnations would be perfect for the center piece in the dinning hall. What do you think Kookie?” Jimin questioned while turning to Jungkook to see him smiling fondly at the dozens of different flowers displayed around the shop.

Snapping out of his daze he replied, “I believe those would look lovely in the dinning hall sir” Jungkook, said without a sign of emotion.

“Excellent choice your majesty, I’ll have then sent to palace before the end of the day!” And with that Jimin and Jungkook turned to exit the store just as another customer was entering. The new customer was tall, strong looking man with very broad shoulders, his hair was styled towards his left side and his face was absolutely breathtaking. With strong cheek bones and plump lips, he looked like a king straight out of the fairytales Jimin was told as a child. With a voice just as handsome as his face he spoke, “Oh, excuse me gentlemen, I did not mean to be in your way.” He said with a slight bow and a side step so the two may continue walking out of the shop.

“Oh, not a problem at all.” Jimin replied once he had come back to his senses, and continued with Jungkook out the shop. Once outside the shop and back to the main market street in search for a melon for his father, Jimin asked, “Who was that man in the flower shop earlier? I don’t think I’ve ever seen such a handsome person – other than you and I of course – in Amandla.”

“Well considering the crest on his cuff links I would assume he is not from Amandla, but from Imvelo.” Jungkook replied while still standing protectively in front of the prince on the crowded street.

“But why would someone from Imvelo come all the way to Amandla for a flower shop. Imvelo is known for their flora and thousands of different types of natural products, so what was so special about that little shop owned by that couple?” Jimin continued to question while weaving their way through the busy market.

“Well I can say for sure, that he was not a common civilian of Imvelo, because based on the symbol on his cuffs he must be associated with the royal family.” Jungkook replied as he came to a halt in front of a promising looking fruit stand. “The royal family of Imvelo is actually visiting Amandla this week, they will be staying in the guest palace while your parents negotiate new trading pacts with their new king.” Jungkook commented while beginning to survey the different melons displayed by the vendor.

“New king?” Jimin asked while inspecting a melon opposite of the one Jungkook had taken to view.

“Yes, Imvelo’s last king and his wife recently died while traveling to the other countries facing the ogre wars. His oldest son is now the king of their land, and because he is so young, he has made some changes to the country in attempts to combat the ogres more directly, but as far as we know he has no plans to change the trade agreements with Amandla set in place by his father.”

“Oh, well I guess that’s good then” Jimin added while paying for his chosen melon and following Jungkook off back to the palace for his fencing lesson.  

~After Fencing~

"Mother! Father! Did you receive my gifts?" Jimin asked, slightly out of breath from his fencing lesson. 

"Yes, and they were lovely my son, but I would have much rather received marriage plans than flowers" his mother commented in a playful voice. 

"You know son, by the time I was your age, I was already happily married for two years, and had a handsome little devil on the way. When are you going to bring us the good news of your engagement?" his father replied slightly worried for his son. 

"But it's not that simple father, you have been in love with mother for longer than the kingdom has even existed! I need time to make sure the one I choose is the not only the only I love, but one who loves me," Jimin commented staring longingly at Jungkook during the end of his sentence.  

"Well if it's about the gender issue, we have already discussed that your father and I are fine with any kind of suitor as long as you are happy son." 

"I know mother, and I actually have someone in mind, but I am still unsure of their feelings so I cannot bring them to meet you yet. But I promise it shall be soon! Before my coronation even!" Jimin replied unable to hold his smile from breaking across his face. 

"How wonderful son! We can't wait to meet them!" And with that Jimin and Jungkook bowed to his parents and exited the throne room to finally rinse off the sweat and dirt from the day's events. As Jimin lied in bed that night all he could think of was how he would confess to Jungkook, and how happy he would be ruling his kingdom with him be his side. 

 

Next Chapter: Park Jungkook

~Katta