Chapter 11

Waltz of a Comet
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

☾ ⋆ ☆⋆ ✨ ⋆ ☄ ⋆ ✨ ⋆☆ ⋆ ☽

 

“You’re blushing.” Sehun poked Halley’s cheek. She was gazing at Lay with adoration in her eyes, who danced near them.

They were sitting on the floor in the practice room. Sehun and Halley had practice with Lay and Yuna, and they were the first who perform their dance routine. Halley didn’t flinch nor said anything. She didn’t even look at Sehun. They haven’t talked since the incident two days ago, Sehun hasn't apologized either. However, this passive-aggressive behavior was worse than the open hatred, in Sehun’s opinion.

“You like him, don't you?” He tried to initiate a conversation, but it wasn’t the most brilliant idea right now. She was still silent. “Okay, look, I am really really sorry about what had happened at the club. I was drunk, I don’t remember a thing, but I know I did wrong.”

Hearing this, she peeked at him anticipating. “Go on.”

"Okay. So. Again. Um… I’m sorry. I’m glad something worse didn’t happen, I, too, blame myself. I promise I’ll never drink this much to lose control again. I feel like about everything." he lowered his head and broke eye contact with her. He did feel horrible about the situation. Nowadays he went overboard with partying but he couldn't help it. He's been feeling like lately, and alcohol eased his mind. It helped him forget his misery. But this incident opened his eyes. He has to stop this or his life will go downhill. 

"Please forgive me this time, again. I really want to be on good terms with you. I liked our time at the café the other day, I like our choreography. Erm… So please. In order to have a peaceful summer as everybody wishes, please forgive me Ahn Halley Hyesung.” he bowed a little and showed her his best guilty puppy eyes. 

She let out a soft sigh and closed her eyes for a second. “Okay.” She said nonchalantly and turned her attention back to Lay.

“Okay?” His eyes popped wide open. This response surprised him. He prepared himself for shouting, ignoring, crying, anything but a simple okay. He thought she wouldn’t accept his apology and they would have to start from where they were last summer. Not talking to each other. “You forgive me?”

“Yeah.” She rested her chin on her hand and smiled. Lay’s moves were amazing and y, it mesmerized her.

“How come? I mean, I’m glad, really.” He was rubbing the back of his neck. “It’s just… I’m a bit surprised.”

She sighed, peered at him and said. “Everyone makes mistakes. I forgive you. Let’s forget it.”

“Well… Thank you.” Halley’s reaction kept on milling around his mind. He was glad she wasn’t angry but it made him baffled as well.

 

“You were amazing.” Halley stood up when Lay walked to them. Yuna sat down next to Sehun and fished out her phone immediately.

“Thanks.” He smiled at her and had a big breath of air. “I can’t wait to see your routine.”

Sehun noticed the glow in their eyes, he scoffed. They like each other already. Disgusting. He’s never understood love or relationships. Of course he had his affairs, but up to this day, there wasn’t a decent girl who he wanted to be his girlfriend. He hasn’t got time for relationships. He dances in his free time and helps at home. A whining girlfriend would be just a nuisance for him. He felt sorry for Lay. Halley will eat him for breakfast when they have their first quarrel. 

“Okay, Sehun, Halley. It’s your turn.” Hearing Mihawk’s voice, Sehun stood up and started to walk to the center of the room. “I heard you have a good split Sehun-ah.” Mihawk winked at him.

“Shut up.” He growled back at the teacher.

“Okay guys. Starting pose and signal when I can press start. I’m really curious how it turned out.”

First, the two had worked on their flexibility with Nara, and Sehun had to learn a few ballet and contemporary moves. Halley have learnt contemporary dance before, so she was familiar with the moves. After that another teacher, called Kasper, taught them the choreography, so this was Mihawk’s first time seeing the result of their hard work. Knowing Halley and Sehun, he had high expectations.

Although, there was a bit of a problem with their dance. Their choreography contained lifts and a lot of skinship. Halley found it hard to make these elements in a perfect way. She didn’t really want to touch Sehun, not in this emotional way, like they’re lovers, burning from lust. Nara gave her acting tips regarding this situation because she could see that there was nothing wrong with her dancing skills and technique, rather with her mental breakdowns because of Sehun. Sehun’s growling and complaining didn’t help much as well. She tried hard, but the scars from the past were more painful than she thought. Also from two days ago.

Sehun showed Mihawk an okay sign. He pressed the play button and leaned back in his chair. Soft piano melody filled the practice room, Halley was the first to move to the music. Sixteen counts later, Sehun started dancing too. The choreography consisted sharp hip hop elements and contemporary elements. Sehun made a perfect double pirouette, which made not only Lay gap but Mihawk too. Halley was doing fouette turns while Sehun made a shoulder roll. They reached the middle of their dance routine; it was time for the first two lifts. Halley knelt down, Sehun grabbed her waist and while lifted her up, he also turned Halley so that her back was resting on his shoulder. After a spin she jumped down with a slight help from Sehun.

Lay noticed a little flinch on Halley’s face like she’s in pain. The second lift started with Sehun grabbing Halley’s left thigh and her right side on her waist, Halley hold

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter