Dirty Blood

Grotesque: Legend of Monsters

Everyone has heard of the Monsters. 

It was told that there lived a very powerful creatures beyond the dark forest near the Korean Peninsula. 

Little boys and girls grew up with the same story of the Monsters since they were babies. Since the 18th century, the ecountering of the Mosters have become almost nonexistent but parents all across the nation repeated the story of the Monsters like a cautionary tale. 

"They have the power to turn anyone into ashes. They're the lord of death and if you ever witness the Monsters, run. Don't ever look back and run as far as you can. Don't ever look for them in your lifetime or you will be killed before you can utter a single word."

The tale of the Monsters even convinced the nonbelievers to become fearful and careful of these creatures. 

However, time has managed to erase the existence of the Monsters and they have become forgotten in the memories of the younger generations. In 21st century, no one believed in the Monsters.


December 24, 2004

11:34 p.m. 

Near Korean Peninsula

It was dark and dusty. 

A little boy wrapped tightly with Superman blanket sat on the cold floor of the dark basement. 

The smell of blood gave off pungent odor and dim light bulb flickered on and off which created eerie shadows. 

The little boy lost count of how long he has been sitting in here but it has been excatly eleven days since his father was taken from him. It was a particularly cold November night when a group of men dressed in all black dragged the son and his father to this run-down basement. Eleven days ago, the same group of men took his father and locked the door behind them. 

The little boy was no longer scared and has gotten used to the smell of death and rusty noise of pipe banging on the walls. He just sat on the cold floor with his tattered Superman blanket, holding onto his father's promise of rescue. He believed in his father and knew that he would come save him and they would go back home.  

His name was Byun Baekhyun. 

He was only four years old and knew of death too well. 

Maybe because he was part of the Death. 

The boy's father never lied to his only son... except the fact that his son was one of the Dirty Bloods. 

A half Monster and half Human. 

Byun Baekhyun didn't know what kind of blood was running through his veins and his father desperatly tried to hide it in hopes his only son could grow up normal. 

Mr. Byun though that as long as he was out of sight, the Monsters would soon forget about him and his son. Oh, how wrong and navie of him to think that way. 

The Monsters never give up and they would never tolerate Dirty Bloods.

Dirty Bloods were too powerful... 

As time ticked on, the little boy began to feel anger surging within him. He didn't understand the heat rising from his throat and power bubbling from his bloodstream. The little boy has never felt this way in his life before. 

"It's a shame that we had to kill Mr. Byun. He would not tell us where...." The low, rumbling voice of the man that took his father away was coming closer and closer. 

Baekhyun's anger began to grow stronger and irresisitible. The uncontrollable power within the little boy was too complex for even himself to comprehend. 

The inital heat began to subside as coldness began to wrap around him. 

They have killed his father. His Superman has died at the hands of these monsters. 

The power of raging fury that was ignited at the core of one's heart was capable of anything. 

Byun Baekhyun, only four years old holding onto a dirty Superman blanket, was one of the Dirty Bloods. He was little but the blood flowing inside him was half Monster, the most powerful and gresome creature that has ever been known to mankind. 

It has been told that with a flash of light, the whole basement and the Blood Hunters, Monsters who were tasked to end all Dirty Bloodline, turned to ahses and flew away. The strong wind blowing from the South scattered the ashes to never be found again. Some people have said that they saw a young boy standing in the middle of the ashes whirling around him with light radiating from the little boy's tiny hands. 

But nobody came forward and the story of the little boy turning everything into ashes seemd too good of a story to be true. So that was that, the police decided that the basement located near the forest of Korean Peninsula was never there. Nobody in their right mind wanted to investigate such a crazy case. 

That's how another cautionary tale was creaed to be used by parents to warn their children not to stray too far from home. 

As the clock striked 12:00 a.m. the ashes began to descend like snowflakes. 

It was indeed a white Christmas. 

The little boy named Byun Baekhyun disappeared deep within the forest. 

"See you later." Byun Baekhyun was not going to let the Monsters kill him... ever.