Off the leash

Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

His Master is a contradictory creature, Yongguk thinks. Like men and monster, in a single body, coexisting.

Hands so careful to place birds back into their nests and violent enough to break bone under those same fingers.

Like tonight.

Crushing Hakyeon into a wall.

Hard enough he heard something crack, pop out of place. “I-I’m sorry Master…” At times Yongguk thinks Hakyeon does it on purpose, these little insubordinations, just to be punished. At times Yongguk thinks he might like the aggression, the blood spilled, the broken bones.

Touching things they were explicitly ordered not to touch. Hakyeon was curious, but he wasn't stupid enough to justify this as naivety. “My orders are not suggestions, boy… If I tell you not to do something.” And he presses his fingers all the more violently around Hakyeon's throat. “You obey.”

Hakyeon doesn't speak but he nods, or nods as much as possible considering his position.

He is dropped to the floor coughing not a second later, and He rushes to his studies, leaving Hakyeon on the floor, shaking, tearing up.

But Yongguk knows better than to stay and try to help Hakyeon up to his feet. He leaves him to his own devices, aware that any sympathy would be interpreted as pity and that Hakyeon could not take.

They are very different kinds of people.

So instead, he trails after his Master, to see if he needs to be calmed down or… Yongguk is used to his role as a mediator, He says it has something to do with his position, as the second son… There are certain things that are expected of him, a certain degree of modesty, of balance. “Master…” He knocks before entering as he was instructed, finding his Master by the window, staring at the garden outside. “Are you alright?”

“Shouldn't you be asking that to your brother?” He throws a look over his shoulder, voice airy and soft as per usual, without that high pitched edge that colors it whenever he gets truly angry with either them.

Yongguk less often than Hakyeon but more due to a few structural morals that deviate completely between the two of them more than simple disobedience. “You know he hates when I tend to him. He is still somewhat stingy I don't love his body like you do.”

“I believe this much is my fault, as every other flaw he has.” He says, leaning against the wall, his hands look positively shaky, and his blue eyes look unnaturally gray. Dull.

“You are not to blame for everything Master… Hakyeon has a mind

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter