You promise?

Quill
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sitting beside Taekwoon in his chair, Hongbin deals rather poorly with the attention as per usual. “You have to stare at me as if I'm some art piece? I assure you I'm not.” Today he decided he would teach Taekwoon how to read and write.

“Your handwriting is pretty just like you.”  Taekwoon hands compliments like it's nothing, and maybe to him it isn't. The contrast between this point where they are now and the absolute mutism he had to face when they first met sometimes still has Hongbin in shock. “Is there anything you can't do, Kong?”

“Deal with this suffocating flattery. It won't make me any less critical of this mess of scribbles you dare to call letters.” He scoffs, dismissive, trying not to smile along when Taekwoon exhales a little embarrassed chuckle.

“This was your idea. Gigolos have no need for reading and writing Hongbin, I don't see why you would bother.” He tells him sheepishly, breath smelling like the wine he consumes so often it seems to be etched under his skin. “It’s not worth it.”

“I won't read the files for you forever Taekwoon I'm not your mother.” He says that just as motivation, in absolute honesty the action never bothered him. He is well aware by now feeling like a burden is the only thing that moves Taekwoon to do things he thinks he can't do. Proud as he is.

“I have no way of paying you… or I do, but you are no interest in my area of expertise.” The hand suddenly on his thigh makes him jump and makes Taekwoon laugh. He seems uncaring about the punch on his arm too, it doesn't deter his laughing.

“Stop!”

“Cute…”

“I don't know why I even bother.”

“Seriously find something for me to pay you with, I don't want to owe you anything.”

“You would not–”

“Tell me things you don't know how to do.” Taekwoon cuts him only half playfully. “Things I can help you with and you wish you could do.”

“I… uh… Is this really necessary Taekwoon? I'm doing it for my own convenience too.”

“Everything has a price, you do me nicely so it’s just fair I do the same. Reciprocity.”

“Must you word everything like an euphemism for ?”

“You do realize what I do for a living right?”

“Oh no, if you hadn't told me I would have forgotten completely. You stupid.” Taekwoon and his silly secretive smile he is only ever willing to show with his head down and behind the veil of hair should not be this charming, Hongbin at times wonders if he does it on purpose.

He is fast to smoother the thought, however. “Swim.”  His words lack context and Taekwoon doesn't seem to understand what he means by it. “I can't do it. Swim I mean. Can you teach me how?”

“Swimming? No one ever taught you how?”

“Funny as it sounds my parents never considered swimming a priority when they imagined their son's education.” He scoffs.

“Well of course I can teach you, but are you willing to be half in my presence christian boy? I am how have you worded it.”

“The closest I will ever get from being chained to a demon, yes. Can you let it die? We've come to an agreement that you should wear pants in my presence.” He sighs. “I was not expecting your absolute disregard towards in general.”

Taekwoon chuckles softly, taking another sip of that cheap wine he likes so much it is in fact the only thing he never forgets about buying. “In my understanding you find me attractive.”

“There are moments where I miss the time when you didn't speak at all.”

Taekwoon laughs again, that drunk intoxicated laugh of him. “I have to admit at times I do too, you used to be afraid of me, now you've grown sassy.” Hongbin smacks his arm and Taekwoon starts laughing again the little prick.

“You’re a walking menace Jung Taekwoon.”

“Again, are you aware of what I do for a living?”

“Not at all, explain to me again.” Hongbin scoffs lightly and Taekwoon pulls him by the arm, up to his lap.

“I could show you inste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter