Under The Mistletoe

Spartace One-Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

It was the seventeenth of December. All the RM members are at the lobby of the SBS office building. It seemed that the building has been decorated with Christmas decorations since the holiday is just around the corner. In fact, the episode that they're filming today will be aired on Christmas. How cool was that?The members are mesmerised by how beauty of the decorated building. Some (mostly Kwang Soo) wondered how did they decorate it beautifully in a short amount of time. Oh well, secrets are meant to be kept.

Kwang Soo put both of his arms out, attepmting to do the slate. Instead, Jae Suk interupted him, making Jae Suk do the slate instead. Kwang Soo had the look of disbelief as he was pulled back by the other members who were holding back laughters at the scene just now. Jae Suk on the other hand, smiled teasingly at him, making him mutter curse words under his breath. Unfortunately, everyone heard him and they burst out in laughter, seeing the dongsaeng being unwittingly rude to his hyung.

"Alright, as you can see from the decorations, we're doing a Christmas special today," The PD announced, gaining the attention of all the members. They gave a round of applause in response.

"Today's title will be 'Under The Mistletoe'" Hearing the title, everyone's head perked up. 

"Under The Mistletoe?" Jae Suk asked if he heard it right.

"Yes, this Christmas special will involve mistletoes," The PD confirmed.

"Unfortunately, we will have no guests this Christmas special," Everyone groaned in dissapointment.

"Yah! How can you be so cruel! I thought I could finally find love today!" Kwang Soo protested while everyone soon got over.

"You'll work in pairs, your mission is to play games to find a hint on where we hid the Mistletoe inside this building. When you find it, you have to hang it at certain place and you gusy have to be under it to win. The pair that completes the mission will win 3,000,000 Won," The PD explained. As soon as the 3,000,00 Won was said, everyone had a surprised look on their faces. Eventually, all their shocked looks turned into a determined one. They will do anything in their power for that money.

"I have to win this!" Se Chan exclaimed, the other joined in in agreement.

"One question, since this game involves Mistletoes, do we have to kiss under it?" Jong Kook asked. The male members sighed in frustration.

"Yah! The game is called 'Under The Mistletoe'! Of course we have to kiss under it!" Jae Suk replied in exasperation.

"Hyung just wants an excuse to kiss Ji Hyo," Haha pointed out. Everyone except Jong Kook and Ji Hyo started clappping and laughing while the two looked down in embarrassment with a red tint on their faces.

It's been two months since they have gone public with their relationship. In fact, they've been dating for almost a year and a half now now. They finally had guts to confess after shooting episode 285. They still remember it as it was yesterday.

~Flashback~

The RM members just finished filming. Everyone congratulated HaHa for his win and were all exhausted after filming. Jong Kook was looking around when he noticed Ji Hyo was not in the group. Worried by her absence, he goes out in a search for her. 

After 5 minutes of searching, he saw her sitting in a random room, a bit far from where the set is. She was hugging her knees and burying her face between in her legs. 

"Ji Hyo-yah," Jong Kook called out her name. Ji Hyo looked up at the sound of her named being called. Jong Kook noticed that her eyes were a bit red and her cheeks was wet. Ji Hyo was crying.

"Ji Hyo-yah, hey, what's wrong?" Jong Kook asked as he rushed to her side.

"Nothing oppa, just thinking," Ji Hyo answered, sniffling her nose a bit. He knew she was lying. Ji Hyo may be an actress but Jong Kook has known her long enough that she's lying. And her stained face is not helping the situation she's in.

"Ji Hyo," Jong Kook warned, with a bit of concern in his voice. That's when she finally cracked.

'' Oppa, I was so embarrassed by the nerve test we had. I was crying and whining like a little girl. Although the others were scared too but they didn't react as badly as I did. And they call me The ace," She exclaimed, with a hint of embarrassment in her voice. Jong Kook looked at her in empathy. He knew what it felt like when you're supposed to be good at everything. He had to work twice as hard because he was supposed to be capable of everything and with his back problem, it was a real burden.

"Ji Hyo-yah, you don't have to be so worried, everyone know your fear of bugs, they won't mind," He tried to console her by holding her shoulder in a reassuring way.

"That's the problem! They're not bugs! They're just stupid things that you're not supposed to be afraid of. Oppa, I barely touched them and I had a mental breakdown! I'm such a stupid woman," She exclaimed, tears filling up her eyes again. Jong Kook frowned. He never liked it when people insult themselves, especially when it came from a girl who has an optimistic personality and always the one to cheer everyone up.

"Ji Hyo-yah, look at me," Jong Kook demanded while grasping on both of her sholders. Ji Hyo obliged and gasped a bit by how close they are but it seemed to go unnoticed by him.

"You are not stupid okay? You didn't know what was in there so you were scared. It could be bugs in that but fortunately, it wasn't. It was an natural thing to do. Besides, you aren't the only one who was scared. You are not stupid. Anyone who says otherwise will be ting his own teeth for weeks," Ji Hyo giggled at the profanities that he said. He rarely ever curse so it was an amusing sight. Jong Kook looked confused by her sudden giggle but ended up smiling by how beautiful she is when she's happy. 

Her laughter soon dies down as she realise how their face are close. Their breaths mixing with each other. Jong Kook tried to pull back but Ji Hyo hold him by his shoulders. Then as if something was pulling them together, Ji Hyo leaned in until her lips was on his.

Jong Kook stiffened up in surprise but eventually kissed back. The kiss was slow and sweet, as if this was their first time. Ji Hyo opened so Jong Kook could let his tongue explore hers.

They soon pulled back because lack of air. They laid their foreheads against each other, breathing heavily because of the kiss. Ji Hyo that this was the only chance she could get to confess and she's not letting it waste.

"Saranghaeyo,oppa," Ji Hyo blurted out.

Jong Kook had a shocked look on his face but it quickly and he...... laughed?

He was laughing while still holding onto her. Ji Hyo thought that he didn't take it seriously. She about to explode when Jong Kook finally stopped laughing.

"So cute," He said, tapping her nose.

Now, Ji Hyo is confused. First he laughed at her confession and now he's calling her cute? Jong Kook seemed to notice her confusion despite having her blank face she's showing.

"You really live up to your name, mong Ji," Jong Kook flashed her a megawatt smile, making her face tinted with red. He leaned towards her again and pecked her lips.

"Saranghanda, Ji Hyo-yah," He said with a loving smile.

~Flashback end~

Jong Kook and Ji Hyo kept their relationship a secret from others for a month until they finally spilled the beans. Apparently, no one seemed surprised. In fact, they had a one year bet on when are they finally get together. Everyone joined in, even the staff and PD too! Jae Suk won the bet as he was the last person to bet on them. He won 2 million won. All in all, the members and staff all congratulated them for finally getting together. 

After a year of dating in secret, they decided to finally reveal themselves to the public to avoid scandals and that everyone was really suspicious to what's going on between them. They revealed it by simply posting their relationship on SNS. Jong Kook's post was a picture of Ji Hyo laughing and her and him laying their foreheads against each other. The caption was straight forward. It said, "I would like to announce that I am officially taken by this beautiful woman, Song Ji Hyo. We've been dating for a year and finally decided to reveal our relationship to the world. She has been the light of my life and I hope we'll stay together until we're old. Saranghaeyo, Song Ji Hyo,"

As soon as it was posted, chaos broke. Articles exploding and interviews were made. Everyone wanted a scoop of the Spartace reveal. Luckily, the relationship received a positive comments from the public. Everyone was congratulating and sending their regards. Sure, there are some hate from fans that ship them with some other celebrities but they soon died down. 

As for Running Man, nothing has really changed except that the other members teased them a lot more and their interactions wasn't as subtle as before. In fact, the ratings had become higher to the fact they have a real couple as casts in a variety show. Ji Hyo and Jong Kook had their ups and downs in their relationship but they quickly overcame them as their love for each other was unyielding.

Moving on, the PD had paired them in groups; Jae Suk and Suk Jin, Kwang Soo and So Min, HaH

Please log in to read the full chapter