Flowers

Spartace One-Shot Collection
Please log in to read the full chapter

Prompt: Ji Hyo was a florist working at her shop with her mother. Jong Kook was her regular customer.

It was a normal Monday afternoon. Song Ji Hyo was sitting behind the cashier stand at her flower shop at Ilsan. She runs the flower shop with her mother, as it was her source of income. She is a college student majoring Interior Design at a nearby university, which explains that she designed the whole shop.She will immediately come to this place after her classes to help with her mother. Today, she was working alone because her mother took care of the shop the whole day yesterday and she urged her to rest.

Ji Hyo had a Daffodil in her hand, she starts analyzing it in her head.

"The Daffodil, it symbolises regard and chivalry. It is an indicative of birth, new beginnings and enternal life. It also symbolises unrequited love. While a single Daffodil means misfortune, a bouquet of themrepresents joy and cheerfulness,"

Ji Hyo always had an interest of flowers and their meanings. How these plants hold deeper meaning than just a living thing. It also can be a way of communcating to others without words. Flowers has always been an inspiration to her designs and hopes that it always will be. Ji Hyo sighed at the Daffodil in her grasp. While she was amazing at designing and drawing, relationships were never her thing. She's had many failed relationships during her high school days. Most of them were unrequited loves, rejecting her confession. She never had an interest in any male since then. 

While Ji Hyo was in a state of distress, she heard a bell, indicating a customer has entered the shop. She looked up to see who the customer was. Boy, was she in shock.

She has never seen a man so attractive in her life. He was looking at the flowers, not noticing her gaze on him. This gave Ji Hyo the oppurtunity to check him out. The man looked like he was her age, only a year or two older. He had tanned skin and had a muscular build. His brown hair was swept to the side and was covered by his LA Dodgers cap. She noticed that his eyes were in a beautiful shade of brown. He was wearing a grey hoodie with a red shirt underneath, jeans and a pair of black sneakers. Ji Hyo had to admit but she was enjoying the view. 

Ji Hyo continued to admire him when she noticed the troubled look on his face. Assuming that he needed help, she walked over to his aid.

"Do you need any help?" She asked as she stood next to him.

The man looked her way and his troubled look soften to a smile. At that moment, she has never seen a guy look so handsome with a smile. She swore she could melt at the sight of it.

"Actually, I do. Do you know what flowers to give to a mother?" He asked.

"What's the occasion?"

"My mom has been sent tothe hospital for dehydration because of a bad fever. I wanted to give her flowers because she told me that it calms her,"

Ji Hyo was taken back by his answer. These days adults don't really care about their parents anymore. Leaving them in a nursing home, not giving help when needed and abandoning them. Seriously, he's ticking all the right boxes. Attractive? Check. Polite? Check. Cares for his parents? Check. 

"Oh my goodness. Is she okay?" She asked, feeling concerned of his mother.

"It's okay, she's in good hands. My older brother is a doctor working at the hospital she's in. Thank you for your concern,"  He smiles again. Ji Hyo can feel her face getting hot.

"Oh it's no problem! And I think I have just the right flowers, follow me!" Ji Hyo exclaimed as she led him to a shelf full of vases of flowers. Ji Hyo pointed at the pink Carnation and the Peony.

"That's the pink Carnation and the Peony. The Carnation has as many meanings as they are in colours. For example, a red one represents love, pride and admiration or a white one which represents innocence. The pink one literally means love of a mother so it's a great choice! The Peony on the other hand, indicates a happy life, happy marriage, good health and prosperity. These are great choices but if you wan you can have both-" Ji Hyo didn't realise she was rambling she saw the man with an amused look on his face.

"Wah! I'm so sorry, I got too caught up in explaining! Mianeyo!" She bowed to the man, apologising but the man stopped her.

"I-It's okay. You don't need to do that. I was actually enjoying it. It was cute," There he goes again, almost making her melt into a puddle of goo. She knew her face is beet red right now.

"You seem to know your flowers," He stated, igniting a conversation.

"Well, flowers interests me. Not only are they beatiful, they have deeper meaning to them that just a living thing. Flowers can be used to communicate without words," Ji Hyo replied.

"Well, you seem to interest me," He said. That one sentence successfully made her face into a tomato. How can he say that so smoothly?

"I'm Kim Jong Kook, what's your name?" He asked. 

"Oh god, even his name sounds attractive! He is literally going to be the death of me!"Ji Hyo screamed mentally. 

"I-it's Song Ji Hyo," She stuttered out.

"Song Ji Hyo, beautiful name" Jong Kook complimented. Him saying her name is giving her butterflies in her stomach.

"T-thanks," Ji Hyo stuttered again, giving herself a mental slap to the back of her head.

"Well, Ji Hyo-ssi I would like a bouquet of those two please?" He asked, pointed to the Carnation and Peony.

That made Ji Hyo snap out of it and realise that he's a customer, still waiting for his flowers.

"O-of course, wait just a moment!" Ji Hyo cried out as she went to the back of the store to make the bouquet.

A few minutes later, Ji Hyo brought out a large bouquet of pink Carnations and Peonies and put them on top of the cashier. As they were making the payment, Ji Hyo pul

Please log in to read the full chapter