Fall

Hollow

"What are you doing?" They were standing in the kitchen. Momo could hear their friends' laughter trickle down the hall from the living room, a stark contrast to what she was facing now. Jeongyeon was staring at her incredulously.

"I don't know what you mean," Momo attempted to stifle the subject.

"Oh, don't give me that ," the taller girl stepped forward. "What are you doing with her?" Jeongyeon posed the question again, letting it hang in the air. Momo looked down to pick at her nails. The other girl began to tap her foot.

"She's sorry about it and she-"

"She's sorry?" Jeongyeon scoffed. "Momo just because she's sorry doesn't change the fact that it happened!"

"I know that,"

"Then what the hell are you doing with her?" She asked a third time, accusingly, enunciating every syllable.

"She said she feels horrible about it and that she's changed," the dark haired girl rasied her gaze up from her nails to meet her best friend's eyes. "It'll never happen again," her voice quavered. At this, Jeongyeon wrapped her arms around her shoulders, her hair, "It won't happen again," Momo leaned into the hug, "Right?"

~~~

Sana retracted her hand from the kitchen door and slowly trudged back to the living room, trying to fit a smile onto her face, "We don't have any more beer, Nayeon, sorry."

"Boo! Screw you, Sana," Nayeon jokingly punched the younger girl.

"Yeah," Sana's eyes followed a puffy eyed Momo as she walked back into the room, "Screw me."

~~~ 

The bed felt too soft. Sana felt as if she might sink right down into the sheets.

"What the hell are you doing with her?" Jeongyeon's firm voice echoed in her ears.

What was Momo doing? There wasn't a rational explanation to the question. She had every reason to disappear that summer morning after she brought the, then, drunken girl back to her apartment. And yet here she was, two months later, in the same bed Sana had tucked her into that night.

Why?

Sana didn't deserve a second chance. She knew she didn't. Not after what she had done. She knew it the moment Momo slapped her awake that cold winter morning, asking who the girl that just left her apartment was. That was almost a year ago, and she knew it, even then. At the time, Sana couldn't say a word, her chest knotted tighter and tighter as she watched Momo's expression change from one of anger to anguish. She had broken her, crushed her heart, and stamped out her spirit. Sana didn't deserve a second chance.

"How could I have done that to you?" Sana's chest began to tighten again at the agonizing memory. Suddenly, Momo rolled over in her sleep, throwing an arm over her, bringing her back to the present. But the sleeping girl's arm only added to the weight pressing down on Sana's chest. Her breath became labored as she felt herself fall farther still into the mattress, scared it might envelop her enitrely.

"Sana?" Momo pulled in closer to her side, concern evident in her voice, "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm okay. Sorry to wake you," Sana took a deep, shaky breath.

Momo only hummed in response, her breaths becoming deep and even. The question had managed to bring Sana back up to the surface from the depths of her imagination and she couldn't help but think that only Momo had the power to do that. Tears welled to the brim of her eyes. Sana turned to embrace the other girl, burying her face in Momo's hair and letting the hot, threatening stream of tears flow. She softly squeezed her closer to her chest as she cried.

"I hope you know how sorry I truly am."

-----

A/N: hello everyone! thanks for reading Part 2! i changed the titles of the chapters to give a sort of vague timeline of everything. anyway, how was it? im finding angst to be really challenging to write but its super fun! (and how can i not join the angsty samo club) hope you all enjoy! i have one more part coming up so stay tunedddd (: