Summer

Hollow

Her face scrunched up as she struggled to open her eyes. Squinting, she was greeted by the dark ceiling above her. Where was she? She shook her head slightly in an attempt to expel the dizziness that had suddenly settled upon her. She took a deep breath and began to stretch her arms behind her head. She winced. She always got sore after drinking.

"Wait," she went rigid and sniffed the air, drinking in the familiar scent. This was the last place Momo expected to be. Turning on her side, she reached out expectantly and curled up closer to the body she knew would be lying next to her. She clutched harder to the other girl's back, burying her face in her light brown hair. The scent washed over her once again as she descended into darkness to the sound of faint sniffling and slight trembles of the girl next to her.

 

~~~

 

Sana never expected this to happen. When she caught a glimpse of the familiar girl staggering away from the tented odeng stand, she couldn't ignore her instinct to go over and support her. Taking the girl's slender arm, she hooked it around her neck and nudged her head up with her shoulder.

"O-kay, I think I should take you back to my place tonight."

 

~~~

 

Sana struggled to get the door open. Once inside the apartment, she ushered the bob-haired girl into the bathroom and set her on the toilet.

"Come on, let's at least get you out of these clothes. I can smell the broth and soju on them," She pulled the hem of the dark shirt over the other girl's head, but before she could grab the fresh one she had laid out on the counter, Momo lurched forward, resting her forehead on Sana's stomach. Suddenly, she popped her head back up.

"I spilled som-some of it-broth on my shirt," the drunken girl grinned proudly.

Sana was taken aback. She quickly finished changing the other girl, led her to the bed, and helped her get under the covers.

 

~~~

 

Blank eyes bore imaginary holes into the high, smooth ceiling. She could feel the small rise and fall of the mattress move in time with the sleeping girl's breaths. Sana closed her eyes and filled her head with the sound. She knew it so well.

Why did she bring her back here?

Who gave her the right to do that?

"How could I have ever done anything like that to you?" 

She turned her back to the girl. A burning sensation gathered behind her eyes, "I'm sorry. I'm so, so sorry."

She closed her eyes at the touch of sudden warmth on her back as Momo reached out to her. A stinging trail streamed down her cheek as she felt the girl pull in closer.

"Could you ever forgive me?"

 

-----

A/N: hi again! how was the Part 1? okay, i hope.. im not used to writing stuff like this. im more of a cute, fluffy writer. planning on getting Part 2 done within the next 2 weeks or so, so stay tuned! thanks for reading!! ive missed writing so muchhhh