Winter

Hollow

Momo wiped the steam from the bathroom mirror. The glass was hard and cold despite the soft warmth radiating from the shower. Her reflection stared back at her with a weary expression.

“God, what’s the matter with me?” She sighed. Dropping the towel wrapped around her body, she stepped into the bathtub. Momo stood under the hot stream of water as she tried to imagine it alleviating all the tension she felt, dragging it down the drain, out of her life forever. She closed her eyes and focused on the image, desperately hoping to make it a reality. She wanted, so deeply, to be free of all the stress and strain holed up within her.

She was ready to forgive, but something inside of her kept pulling her back to that day. The day when she saw the girl with tousled hair hurrying down the hallway. The day when she nearly busted Sana's door down and slapped her awake, questioning who the she saw was and why she was leaving her apartment so early in the morning. That was a year ago and yet Momo still kept going back, reliving every moment. She remembered she was going to surprise Sana that morning with some breakfast in bed, but instead left the girl with a reddening handprint on her cheek and the guilt from ripping her apart.

"Just let it go," Momo turned around to face the steamy cascade. She wanted to; she really, really wanted to, but she couldn't. It was as if she had lost a part of herself that day and she didn't know how to get it back, no matter how hard she tried. "It won't happen again," she reassured herself.

Just then, Momo heard the bathroom door open. She remained still. There was a rustle of clothes and a slight chill when the shower door opened and closed behind her. Hands appeared on her waist and Sana's breath was at the base of her neck, where she felt a soft kiss that slowly trailed up to her ear.

"I love you," Sana's voice sounded small, desperate, her tears mixing in with the water falling from above them. She pressed her face into the crook of Momo's neck, her arms wrapping tighter around her waist. Momo finally opened her eyes and leaned back into the slightly taller girl. She was suddenly aware of how unsuccessfully the water had relieved her of her turmoil.

"I love you, too," her hollow words echoed off the bland bathroom walls.

-----

DONEEE! the ending didnt exactly come out the way i wanted it to but im proud of myself for trying. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING MY FIRST ANGST. i had no idea what i was doing or if it even really fits into the genre/category... anyway, im thinking of going back to my roots and making a nice, cute mihyo fluff next (:

if anyone has a prompt they like or a request of any kind please dont hesitate to ask! again, im mainly a fluffy piece writer but im always up for a challenge. Thanks again! <3