Bonus Shot

The Sidestory

"I'm going to pick you up tomorrow after work" Chanyeol waved at Baekhyun and the latter gave him a flying kiss. It was already evening when they arrived from the seminar and Chanyeol could still not believe himself. He and Baekhyun are a thing now. That he and Baekhyun kissed at the bookstore. He could not help but smile at the thought of him and Baekhyun kissing in public. His body was present but his soul floated somewhere else, probably cloud nine. Before he knew it, he was already home. He touched his lips as the image of him and Baekhyun kissing at the bookstore appeared. He grabbed Toben and hugged it tightly. His chest felt all tingly and his mouth could not help but pull a large smile. 

 

"Finally! Baekhyun is now my boyfriend!" he kissed his dog repeatedly while Toben wiggled its tail in glee.

 

How many years was it? Twelve years, yes, twelve long years of looking at Baekhyun from afar. Twelve long years of admiration for the smaller. He first met Baekhyun back in highschool. Back then, Baekhyun did not stand out but he caught Chanyeol's attention. No it was not love at first and no it was not because Baekhyun is attractive. Yes Baekhyun is attractive but Baekhyun's friends were more attractive. First there's Junmyeon, then there's Kris, then there's Kyungsoo so he was sure he didn't like Baekhyun for his looks. Back then Chanyeol didn't even know he swung the other way around. 

 

He didn't even know when his feelings for the smaller even started but Chanyeol was sure that it was all because of his friend Jongin. When Jongin started to court Baekhyun's friend Kyungsoo, Chanyeol was always with Jongin. Baekhyun was not overprotective with his friends, he even gave Jongin helpful tips in courting his wide-eyed friend. Maybe because Baekhyun saw that Jongin was someone who could be trusted. With his help, Jongin and Kyungsoo began to go out. 

 

But just like every other couple out there, Jongin and Kyungsoo fought. It was during their first fight when Chanyeol started to notice Baekhyun. Kyungsoo was jealous with a girl named Amber who was Jongin's dance partner. Chanyeol chuckled as he remembered the green leaf printed hankerchief Baekhyun used as a bandana and his large rectangular shades while he was hiding near the window.

 

Chanyeol was on his way to the dance studio Jongin was enrolled. He and Jongin were research partners and they needed to start their research as soon as possible since the deadline is fast approaching and so the two agreed that they do it at Jongin's place. 

As he came near to the dance studio, he saw a weirdly dressed person peeking at the window of the dance studio. The person was wearing a green bandana and a sunglasses. It wasn't even daytime, it was already 7 in the evening and the person was wearing sunglasses. Chanyeol walked closer to get a clearer view of the strange person for who knows, that person might be a ert or a stalker. But as he went closer, he saw a very familiar person. He was familiar with his bestfriend's boyfriend's friend. Chanyeol was aware of what was happening with Jongin and Kyungsoo's relationship back then because he was Jongin's confidante and Jongin was his. Chanyeol walked towards Kyungsoo's friend to talk with him. At least explain things out to Kyungsoo's friend that Jongin and Amber were just friends and that Amber had a girlfriend.

 

"Chanyeol!" Jongin and Amber chorused as the two saw Chanyeol. Chanyeol glanced at the weird person who was now hiding behind the lamp post near the door. He stood out because, who uses sunglasses in the evening? Surprisingly Jongin and Amber did not notice him.

The three chatted for a while when Amber's girlfriend arrived.

"Krystal!" Jongin called the person who was gracefully walking towards Amber.

"Baby~" Amber ran towards her girlfriend and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Jong! Chanyeol! I gotta go, my girlfriend needs some help with her mathematics" Amber winked at the two of them then waved goodbye.

 

Surprisingly the next morning, Kyungsoo apologized for being irrational and that his emotions took over his sanity. Jongin told Chanyeol that Baekhyun, Kyungsoo's friend, yes the one in green bandana told Kyungsoo that Amber was just Jongin's dance partner and nothing more.

 

That started it all. After that incident, Chanyeol started to notice everything about Baekhyun. For Chanyeol, Baekhyun started to become beautiful and beautiful everyday. The way the latter smiled or the way he laughed boisterously. His witty comebacks whenever he hears someone talking bad about his friends and the way he remained silent whenever some says he  was the ugly one on the group. Chanyeol, with all his sanity and strength, tried supress his inner beast that wanted to punch that person who called Baekhyun ugly. Because in all honesty, Baekhyun was the only one beautiful in his eyes. Yes there were many pretty and attractive people around Baekhyun but Baekhyun was the only one Beautiful in his eyes.

Chanyeol liked everything about Baekhyun but what he liked the most about Baekhyun was his attitude. His golden heart, as Chanyeol referred to, was his best aspect. He was willing to do anything for his friend's sake. He always put his friend and others first before himself.

Before he knew it, Chanyeol fell for Baekhyun. He found himself often admiring Baekhyun from afar. He was well aware that Baekhyun didn't know his existence but Chanyeol still liked Baekhyun. Jongin didn't know about him liking Baekhyun though. It remained like that until they graduated High School. They did not study in the same college but he knew Baekhyun took education and boi was Chanyeol so happy. It so happened that Chanyeol took up education too. It was during that time when he dreamt of working together with Baekhyun in the same school and that he would be be able to talk with Baekhyun. 

 

Years passed and Chanyeol, thought he had no feelings for Baekhyun anymore. He started to open his wings and tried to look for someone beautiful. He dated one or two but he didn't find them beautiful. They were only attractive but not beautiful.

 

It was one tiring day for Chanyeol, he just submitted his lesson plans and he was on his way home but he decided to visit the bookstore. He immediately went towards the recommended section and he saw Byun Baekhyun's name on one of the books. Chanyeol felt strangely happy as he picked the book up. He flipped the book behind and saw Baekhyun's picture. For some strange reasons, he felt nervous. Baekhyun had become very pretty. He immediately paid for the book and started to read it. 

Reading Baekhyun's book was like taking a peek at Baekhyun's mind. As he read the book, he found something out. Baekhyun was not confident with himself. For Chanyeol, Baekhyun was like a sun, b in brightness and surrounded with warmth but as Chanyeol read further, he found out that Baekhyun felt lonely. After reading the book, all his feelings for Baekhyun came back. All his feelings that he buried came rushing back.

 

He went to work but his mind was with Baekhyun. He was there during Baekhyun's book signing event too, but he didn't have the courage to talk with Baekhyun. He remembered back in High School, Baekhyun never knew about Chanyeol's existence. What difference would it make if he would introduce himself this time. 

He was mentally prepared to talk with Baekhyun, but his body didn't want to cooperate. Before he knew it he already left the event and went to look for a chalk. He ran out of chalk. He needed the one which was dustless which was of course pretty difficult to find because this time of the month, teachers tend to review the lessons for the upcoming exams. 

He looked all over the place but he did not find one. His feet felt tired as he was dragging them all over the place to look for that one heavenly box of chalk and decided to call it a day. On his way home, he glaced at a newly opened shop and he thought 'why not check that one' and went inside. He went to the aile where school supplies were placed and there it is, that one yellow box of chalk. Chanyeol jogged towards the box of chalk and grabbed it, only to find out he grabbed a pair of warm hands. 

"Ah-" Chanyeol turned his head to find out he just grabbed Baekhyun's hands. He immediately pulled his hands away from Baekhyun's. His heart was racing and his hands felt cold. Right now he was face to face with the Byun Baekhyun and he just held the Byun Baekhyun's creamy soft hands. 

"Sorry I didn't mean to-" in front of him was a gaping Baekhyun. Well not really gaping but his lips parted and his eyes widened. Chanyeol felt his heart thumping loudly, he had imagined himself meeting Baekhyun, but not like this. Not with grabbing his hand on the first meeting.

"No its fine, you can take it" Baekhyun passed the box to him. Oh how Chanyeol had missed that voice. Call him lunatic but it was angelic. Soft but at the same time rough just like a coffee. Chanyeol felt like he could die any moment because he just held his crush's hands but he needs to keep his sanitu intact. At least while Baekhyun was still around.

 

That day, he went home with a swollen heart. The next day he was still grinning from ear to ear and his pricipal saw this. It was very embarassing, but yes his school pricipal saw his 'enthusiasm' with his work and chose Chanyeol as the school's representative for the upcoming seminar.

And the rest is history.

 

 

 

 

 

 

"TOBEEEEEEN!" he criend again and upon his bed. Toben was jumping up and down, the dog thought Chanyeol was in the mood to play. His first kiss was Baekhyun, just as he aspired, Baekhyun was his first kiss. He had relationships before but he didn't feel like he wanted to kiss them.

 

"Toben, remember this day, the day I got my first kiss. The day my first love kissed me" He talked with his dog who was panting from jumping earlier.

 

Minutes later, his phone buzzed.

 

 

 

 

From: Baekhyun

I know this is strange, but what did you like about me?

 

Chanyeol just smiled at the message. 

 

Everything Baek, I love every single thing about you.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Author's Note:

Surprise!

 

I know this isn't that fluffy because there was no interaction between Chanyeol and Baekhyun but I just wanted to share to you Chanyeol's part of the story. I hope you like it! 

 This is unedited- I'll edit this later.