Part 2

Club Incognito

Z sat anxiously in the taxi next to AJ, knees bouncing furiously.

"Z. Chill." AJ said with a hand on Z's leg. "He's gunna be there and you look smokin hot."

"Thanks, AJ." Z took a deep breath and sighed while she squeezed AJ's hand. She knew AJ was trying her best but they both knew no one had ever made her feel like this before. She was normally collected and confident. One thought of this guy sent a thousand butterflies fluttering through her stomach. Anxious didn't even begin to cover it. She was determined not to let him know it though.

They spent the day giggling like school girls - AJ making Z recount every single detail she could remember over and over again. AJ insisted on buying Z a new outfit. The shopping spree was followed by an intense hair and make up session where they tried everything AJ had to offer in her apartment. A light dusting of shimmer completed the look.

"There's no way he's going to miss you. If his eyes ever left you last night, which as far as I observed they never did," AJ gently elbowed Z "they certainly won't tonight."

"But I'm leaving in a couple days. So really this is all pointless. Isn't it?" She bit her lip and looked to AJ who was already shaking her head no.

"Absolutely not. This the age of technology! If you want to be connected with someone, you can be. I would know." AJ winked and nudged Z's shoulder. Z relented and watched out the window as buildings crawled by.

.:~*~:.

They had made it into the club and were getting ready to move to the dance floor. AJ had her hands on Z's shoulders and was looking her squarely in the eye. "C'mon. Show me that y warrior goddess." Z closed her eyes and took one more deep breath. When she opened her eyes again, any trace of anxiety was gone. She exuded confidence. "That's my girl." AJ gave her shoulders a pat. "It's about 12:30. Plenty of time to get warmed up." She grinned slyly. "Ready?"

"Ready." Z nodded with mischief in her eyes.

Apparently they had done their prep job right as they ignored the multiple heads that turned to watch them enter the dance floor. A mix of Very Nice was already going and they easily slipped into dancing. 

It had only been a couple songs before AJ subtly nodded her head to the side. Z's vision followed and caught her mystery man out of the corner of her eye. He was early! And still wearing that hat and mask. Z motioned to AJ that it was time to enact "The Plan." AJ nodded once in confirmation. Random trips to clubs over the years made AJ and Z a dancing team to be reckoned with. It wouldn't be the first time they'd used their skills to make one or the other look particularly good. After a song or two, AJ gave Z a twirl and went off to find someone else to dance with, but not without giving Z an I'll want details! look first.

As Z's twirl came to a stop, she saw him walking toward her. The crowd seemed to part in front of him. appeal rolled off him in waves. Determined to make sure she had the upper hand this time, she continued dancing and quickly turned her back to his approach.

A familiar arm slipped its way around her waist from behind. They danced that way briefly before he turned her to face him. His eyes were a mix of emotions - tired and uncertain but also amused and hungry. Z had a million questions she wanted to ask but decided to let their bodies do the talking for now instead. It didn't take long for them to be in their own world again.

Z was in heaven. He was an incredible dancer and she didn't think she'd ever get tired of those eyes. Not to mention everywhere his body touched hers, traces of fire were left behind. She couldn't possibly be the only one feeling this way between the two of them. 

All too soon she saw him check his watch. He looked at her with eyes filled with regret and uncertainty. She tried to force down the rising disappointment and panic within her. They hadn't said a word to each other! He'd barely been here for any time at all! She didn't even know his name!

His eyes were searching hers when the DJ interrupted. "Here's some BTS for you poor saps who couldn't get tickets to the concert tonight!" Everyone in the club cheered and rushed the floor as Not Today started playing. Z hazarded a glance at the crowd. Suddenly his hands were on either side of her face, obstructing the view of any onlookers, and he was kissing her urgently. Z was stunned. He dropped one arm to her waist and closed the gap between them to kiss her more fully. She barely had time to kiss him back before he was squeezing her hand and slipping away.

"Wait!" She called, reaching for him. "Wait!!" He flashed her a peace sign and a grin rose to his eyes over his shoulder before disappearing into the crowd. She was left confused and lost.

AJ quickly made her way to Z and dragged her off the floor. "Damn, girl! That was some kiss!"

"One that I barely got to return." She lamented. "AJ. I didn't get his name or phone number or anything!" She threw her arms in the air, holding back frustrated tears. It was only then that she noticed she was holding something. Confused, she opened the envelope in her hand. Her jaw dropped and she covered while staring wide eyed.

"What? What is it??" AJ demanded. Since Z wasn't answering, AJ walked around her and snuck a peek over her shoulder. "Shut up!! Are those real?!" She snatched them out of Z's hands. "Z!! I think these are real!!" AJ handed them back and they both squealed while jumping up and down holding hands. Z took another look. Two P1 tickets to the 2nd BTS concert in Anaheim stared back at her. She checked the envelope again and found a small note.

Hope you and your friend can use these.

"We gotta get outta here. I don't want to lose these!" Z grabbed AJ's hand and practically sprinted out of the club.