Part 3

Club Incognito

Electricity filled the air as Z and AJ headed into the Honda Center. Neither could believe this was actually happening. Theories and speculation were the theme of the day (in between all the gushing about "the kiss"). Was Mr. y Eyes going to be in the seat next to them? Maybe with a y brother? Was he a roadie? Did he work at the venue? Was he going to appear before her? Or could he not go and that's why he gave away the tickets?

Z's heart fell a little when the seats surrounding them were occupied with other people but she didn't want to give up hope. Thankfully the music videos playing on the huge screens were an excellent distraction.

Right at show time, the lights went out and the intro video started to play. No one could hear anything over the screams of ARMY. The screen lifted and Z's cheeks flushed when Not Today started to play - memories of last nights kiss rushed through her mind. Something was strange though. She couldn't quite place it.

.:~*~:.

Z was entranced by V singing Stigma. Her favorite part was coming up and she was prepared to swoon with the rest of ARMY. She grabbed AJ's arm, who put one of her hands on top of Z's. 

I’m Sorry, I’m Sorry,
I’m Sorry ma brother
sumgyeodo gamchwodo jiwojiji anheo

Z swore V locked eyes with her as a video of himself popped up behind him to say her favorite line.

Are you calling me a sinner?

He looked away again to continue singing.

Z's heart stopped. Did V just look at her? No. That wasn't possible. There were thousands of people here and it was dark in the crowd. She was not going to be one of those crazy fan girls. But why did she have such a funny feeling?

.:~*~:.

Z and AJ spent the whole concert screaming, singing, laughing, and crying. And for the whole concert something nagged at the back of Z's mind. She continually pushed it off in favor of enjoying the concert instead. Someone out there in the universe thought she deserved this experience so she was going to take full advantage!

Sadly, the end was near as the encore started and the guys came out wearing various tour merchandise. During 2! 3! V wandered over to their side of the stage with Jimin. Z squealed with AJ and held her hand. V was wearing one of the tour hats and was definitely making eye contact with her this time. Wait... she thought. The gears were slowly aligning as she put together the details from the last three nights. V smoothly covered his nose and mouth with his hand before flashing her a wink and dancing away. Z dropped AJ's hand and stared open mouthed as it all came together. The air of mystery. The amazing tickets. "BTS is better."

"What's wrong?" AJ asked while still eyeing Jimin. Z grabbed her forearm and turned AJ to face her.

"Ohmygod! AJ! Mr. y Eyes is V!" She loudly whispered, looking around to make sure no one heard her.

"What?! No way. That can't be possible." AJ turned her attention to the stage to look for V. She eyed him for a long time before exclaiming, "OhmygodIthinkyou'reright!" AJ smacked Z's arm. "You were dancing with and KISSING V and you didn't tell him to bring me Jimin?!" She loudly whispered back.

"I didn't know!! I'm gunna die. I am going. to. die. Will you tell my family I love them? Nevermind. They know I love BTS more. I love YOU. Promise to give me a good head stone?"

"Yes. I promise. Though I'll be following you soon after."

Their excitement and sheer disbelief was nearly bursting out of them. Their throats were raw but they screamed even more with the realization than they normally would have as BTS performed Spring Day before exiting. After some additional screaming, they collapsed into their seats. They figured it'd be best to wait for the crowd to thin instead of being squished like sardines. They were basking in what just happened to the point that they didn't notice someone walk up to them.

"Miss?" The man said. Z and AJ looked up in surprise. "These are for you." He handed Z two VIP backstage passes. "If you'll put them on and follow me." He turned to leave. Z and AJ started at each other for a second before quickly following orders.

He led them backstage to a small room. "Please wait here." The man bowed and closed the door behind him. Z and AJ were back to jumping up and down and quietly screaming with what little voices they had left. A minute later there was a knock on the door. They had just enough time to smooth their features before the door opened. V walked in with a manager in tow. He smiled broadly and bowed. Z and AJ did their best attempt to bow back. 

"Did you enjoy the concert?" He asked.

"Yes!" Z said. Or tried to anyway. wasn't cooperating very well. AJ just nodded excitedly. They both tried to keep from fainting as he flashed one of his signature smiles before turning to AJ.

"Would you like a backstage tour?"

"That would be wonderful! Thank you!" 

"This way, please." The manager said, gesturing toward the door. AJ gave Z's hand a quick squeeze and turned just enough so no one could see her wink a couple times at Z before bowing and following the manager out.

Now that they were alone, the butterflies were waking up in Z's stomach. She rocked on her heels and looked everywhere in the room except at V.

"I'm guessing you know my name." He drew Z's attention to him against her will. His smirk was even more stunning when his face wasn't covered. "I'd love to know yours."

Z opened to speak but nothing came out. A mixture of confusion and frustration clouded her face. Here she was standing in front of V - Mr. y Eyes himself - and she'd lost her voice from screaming too much. Had her good luck from the universe run out already? She rolled her eyes to the ceiling and huffed. V laughed.

"Too much screaming?"

Z nodded sadly. Then an idea hit her. She quickly walked over to him and stood by his side. She drew the letter Z in the air.

"Z?" He asked. She pointed to herself. "Your name is Z?" She nodded happily. "So we're V and Z?" He laughed again. Hearing it made Z's heart feel lighter than air. "Well Z. It's nice to meet you." He smiled. "I'm sorry about all the deception." He offered. She shook her head and waved her hands. "I really just planned to listen to some music for a little bit and then make a quiet exit. I guess fate had other ideas." He brushed her cheek while looking into her eyes. Z dreamily nodded in response. His focus shifted to her lips as their faces drew slowly closer together. Their lips were mere millimeters apart when V whispered "Sorry" with hooded eyes. Z barely shook her head. An instant later V's lips pressed against Z's in a sweet kiss. He caressed her cheek as he took more liberties with his kisses. Z matched him every step of the way. After all, she may have lost her voice, but her lips worked just fine.

They slowly savored each kiss before V took a step back. He cleared his throat. "Sorry. I don't know what it is about you but I can't seem to help myself."  Z somehow managed to blush and furrow her brow at the same time. Should she have made an effort to stop him sooner? V noticed the furrow in her brow and kissed her forehead before taking a few steps back.

"Are you from here?" He asked, trying to change the subject. Z shook her head no and looked wistfully away. "Me either." He laughed again, looking off to the side and scratching the back of his head.

The mood suddenly shifted in the room. Both realized that they'd be thousands of miles apart after tonight. Their heads rose to look at each other simultaneously. Both faces filled with longing. Z offered a half hearted smile that V tried to return. Z dejectedly hung her head.

"Hey." V said softly, approaching her again. "We can still be in touch. I can give you my phone number. I mean... if you want to stay in touch." He tried to look in her eyes but she just sadly nodded her head yes without looking up. "Hey come on." He tilted her gaze up to meet his. Her eyes were shining with tears on the verge of splashing down her cheeks. The fact that her eyes were watering surprised Z. She wasn't normally like this. She turned her head away and unknowingly clutched her heart. V frowned before taking her chin and kissing her passionately. He certainly wasn't going to waste the time they had together right now.

His arms enveloped her as he kissed her again. Z laced her arms around his neck, new determination surrounding her. No, this wasn't the end. It couldn't and wouldn't be. Not if she had anything to do with it. V felt Z's mood change and increased his affections to let her know that he wasn't backing down either.

Z's text notification went off. She planned to ignore it until she realized it was AJ's. She pulled away from V to check.

If you're doing what I hope you're doing (and will demand to hear all about), better stop quick because we're headed back to the room now!!

Z's face flushed immediately and she showed the message to V. She thought she saw his cheeks turn red too. Both tried to get themselves back in order as they heard approaching footsteps.

"And that's how we came up with the idea for my solo stage." V said as AJ and his manager walked in the room. Z did her best to look very interested in what he was saying. "Oh! Welcome back!" V said. "Did you enjoy the tour?"

"I did! Thank you for arranging it for me. I requested the extended tour. I hope you two didn't mind waiting for me." AJ gave a sly look to Z and Z suddenly had a tickle in she needed to clear.

"Not at all." V grinned. "I was just telling her about my individual performance stage. She lost her voice, but I think she enjoyed hearing about it." V looked to Z, who nodded enthusiastically.

 AJ arched an eyebrow. "Lost her voice? What a shame. I'll personally be sure to take her home and nurse her back to health."

"I would appreciate it." V said. The manager cleared his throat, saving everyone, and handed V two copies of the tour program book. "Ah, yes. These are for the two of you." He handed one to each girl while the manager also produced a tour hat. "And this is for you. It's the one I wore tonight." He put the cap on Z's head and leaned in to adjust it, whispering "Maybe don't share your program book with your friend. And maybe not everything about our meeting either." in her ear. Z pressed her lips together as he backed away.

"Time for us to get going, I'm afraid." AJ said as she hooked her arm into Z's. "It was really an honor to meet you and see the concert. I'm sure Z had an amazing time, as I did. Thank you so much for everything! Can't wait for the next US tour!" She smiled and pulled Z toward the door.

"You're welcome! Can't wait to come back!"

Z and V locked eyes one more time as she was dragged around the corner. V offered a little wave as she disappeared.

.:~*~:.

In the car, Z flipped through her program book as AJ regaled her with stories from her backstage tour. Z stopped when she got to a full page image of V that had a note.

In hopes that you feel the same way I do, here's my number. Please keep in touch.

Please?

x

Z quickly shut the program book shut and gave all of the attention she could muster to AJ, hoping the passing shadows would hide the giant grin on her face.