Part 1

Club Incognito

"Hey, Z!" AJ yelled over the blaring bass. "I'm gunna hit the bathroom and get a drink. Wanna come?"

Z shook her head no. "Hurry back though! Don't get distracted by any guys along the way!" Z scolded knowingly in reply. AJ gave her best Who me? expression with an innocent hand on her chest before overexaggeratedly sashaying her way off the dance floor. Z shook her head laughing to herself. 

This was exactly what she needed. It had been a difficult (and that was an understatement) teaching year so far, spring was in the air, and the end of the school year was on the horizon. They picked this particular club because the DJs were rumored to be throwing kpop into their mixes due to BTS being in Anaheim this weekend. Apparently word had gotten out because it was packed. 

A familiar song worked it's way into the music and it didn't take long for Z to notice. y, Free, and Single. Exactly what she was right now. She lost herself in the music as more people crowded on the dance floor. Coming out of a body roll she locked eyes with someone on the outskirts of the crowd. She tried to look away but her eyes were continually drawn back to him. Baseball hat and a mask in a club? she thought to herself. Odd choice... but there's certainly been weirder.

She told herself it was a trick of the lights. Or coincidence. Or he was a creep. A creep with the iest eyes she'd ever seen.

From the time their eyes first locked to y, Free, and Single ending, Z lost track of the number of times they exchanged glances. Troublemaker came on next and Z decided what the hell. She was on vacation, wouldn't see any of these people again besides AJ (and AJ certainly didn't care and wasn't even here at the moment anyway), and wanted to have some fun. Still dancing, she turned to face him. As she expected, he was already looking her way. She gave a subtle nod to beckon him over, flashing him a sly grin. She thought she saw a smirk flash in his eyes but he didn't move toward her. Z tried to hide her disappointment in a your loss! shrug and was determined not to look his way again.

Not long after, her solo dance was interrupted by a large, intimidating guy that looked like he was involved in things she most certainly did not want to be involved in. He started trying to dance with her and Z did her best to gently let the guy down. After multiple attempts to dissuade him, Z tried to move away. As she started to turn, he reached for her hip to keep her there. A different arm slipped around her waist as Mr. y Eyes stepped next to her. She tried to not look too surprised. His eyes slightly shifted to the offender and back. Catching on, she threw her arms around him as he pulled her close. She gave a Sorry! Taken! look to the guy before the mysterious man slid his hands to her hips and started them swaying.

She watched Mr. y Eyes watch the guy lumber away. Satisfied he was gone and wouldn't bother her, the handsome stranger put some distance between them and avoided eye contact. He gave a quick short bow and started to move away. Who is this guy? Z marveled. She quickly grabbed his arm. He turned back to look at her, confusion flashing in his eyes. She had no idea why she grabbed him. All she knew was her skin tingled everywhere he had touched her and she was struggling to find her voice.

"Please don't go." She suddenly yelled over the noise. "Always helps to have someone keep unwanted parties away." She offered belatedly, hoping to make it seem like she was only asking for her safety and not because the sudden thought of him leaving made her heart ache.

His eyes filled with uncertainty as he looked around. 

"Please?" She tried again. He pulled his hat a little further down on his head, pausing for a moment as if he was thinking. When he looked back up, the uncertainty was gone. He gave a short nod and placed a hand on her hip again, waiting for her cue. Z had a hard time keeping the excitement in her from overflowing. She lazily draped her arms over his shoulders and started to move.

Being with this masked man while surrounded by people she didn't know was more freeing than she ever could have thought. She couldn't see most of his face but he could read enough in his eyes. They moved like liquid in the smooth flow of the music, their thoughts seemingly becoming one.

Never Ever started playing and Z squealed excitedly. No one could hear her over the music but she did see some laughter crinkling around her dance partner's eyes.

"GOT7 fan?" He asked. 

"I love this song! They're so good!" She replied. He pulled her close, sliding an arm around her.

"BTS is better." He said in her ear. Pleasant chills swept their way through Z. His voice was so deep it almost buzzed.

After almost too long of a pause, Z subtly shivered and then leaned in. "Definitely! My friend and I are here since we couldn't get tickets to see BTS. Figured we might as well be in the same city as them and enjoy some kpop." She smiled brightly. Something she didn't quite understand flashed in his eyes.

Taking the opportunity to check his watch, he motioned that he had to get going. He pressed her firmly against him. "Meet me here tomorrow? 1am?" He asked. She might have imagined it but it sounded like there was a bit of desperation in his voice. Z nodded yes, though she had no idea why. 

She noted the smirk in his eyes again before he winked at her. Z's world stopped.

"Z!" AJ waved a hand in front of her face. Z shook off her stuppor and looked around frantically for Mr. y Eyes. "Girl! I've been trying to snap you out of it forever! Who was that?!"

"I don't know!" Z yelled back. "But he asked me to meet him here tomorrow!"

"I hope he brings a brother!" AJ replied. Both dissolved into laughter as they got back to dancing their cares away.