DREAMS

Remnants of a Broken Heart (Daragon Version)

It was a day before the annual foundation day of our university. Everyone is busy for the booths and activities they have prepared. As for me, I felt like I was a walking zombie for I have been documenting the preparations of every organizations and groups for the past few days. Yet here I am walking hurriedly to the cherry blossom tree not far away from the Art Department.

 

As I was nearing, I smiled for I saw the beautiful man that could make my day change from downright tired to energetic as just like that. Just the mere sight of him reading under the beautiful cheery blossom tree makes all of my headache and tiredness fade away. The things this man could do to my whole system is just simply amazing. Ah I miss him.

 

I continued to walk towards him and before I could even reach his side, he looked up and saw me approaching. He stood up and fetch me from where I was, even if I am just literally 5 steps away from him. Aisht! My heart suddenly beats so fast just seeing him walking and smiling towards me.

 

Jiyong and I have been together for almost 6 months now, yet I am not still used to his sweetness. Every thing he makes, every move he does, every smile he gives still makes my knees weak.

 

When he finally reached my side, He took my hand and guide me to the cherry blossom tree. As we took a sit under the beautiful tree, I asked "Did you wait for me too long? Mianhe, my alternate was late so I can't go immediately."

 

"It's okay. I'll wait for you no matter how long it takes just to see your beautiful face." He replied to me and I'm taking what I have said before that he gives me butterflies in my stomach, for the truth is, he is giving me the whole damn ing zoo.

 

"Aisht! It's part of your script, isn't it?" I asked him as I got the script he was reading in his hands. "Ani" he simply replied while smiling to me. I gave him an unconvinced stare when deep down, I know that he was telling the truth. For aside from his looks, one thing that is beautiful about him is his way with words. I would always joke around that if he feels like doesn't wants to be an actor anymore, he could be a poet instead.

 

Just to make sure, I scanned his script and true to what he said, there were no such line included in those. I smiled. "You're cheesy" I told him. "You are the one to blame though." He replied while he caresses my hair for I was leaning my head on his shoulder. "Waeyo?" I replied to him. "Cause you bring out the poet in me, love." He explained. I lifted my head away from his shoulder and gave him a gentle slap in which he just replied with a heartily laugh.

 

After awhile, I leaned on his shoulders yet again. Being with him just like this gives too much serenity to me. I felt him wrapped his arms around me, holding me tight. I felt warm. I felt safe. I felt complete. I snuggled close to him and savor the warmth he is giving me. Ah, this feels so nice. Moments later I heard him say., "Love?"

 

"hmmm?.." I replied.

 

"You'll be free at around 5 pm tomorrow, right?" He asked. I just nodded in response for my eyes are slowly closing for he is my hair yet again as if he is putting me to a sleep. "Will you be able to watch the play?" He asked. I smiled inwardly and replied "Of course, I will. I will not miss it in the world, love." I didn't hear a response from him but rather he pulled me closer and hugged me even more tightly. And even if I couldn't see his face, I know for sure that he was smiling.

 


The following day was busy as hell. I was running around the whole campus to get every footage of all the activities that is currently happening on our foundation day. I took a sigh of relief for I am done for my task for the day. I checked my watched and it says it's already 5:55 in the afternoon, 5 minutes before Joo Hyuk's play is about to start. ! I run as fast as I could. I don't even give a if I look like some crazy lunatic running. I don't want to be late for I know that this play is really important to him and I want to be there to support him.

 

When I finally reached the theatre room, I was catching up my breath but thank goodness the play was not starting yet. I took my sit at the last row for every sit up front is already taken. The play started and I was feeling nervous as even if Jiyong was still not in the scene. It is as if I was the one who is going to act in front of these many people. I inwardly laugh at myself. If Jiyong will see my nervous face right now, he would laugh too.

When he finally went out of the stage and delivered his lines, I was not breathing properly. As I've said I was nervous. But after awhile, I realized that there is nothing to be nervous about for my boyfriend is acting like a pro. I felt like a proud mother watching her son being awesome. An hour and a half passed and the play was done. I took my leave and waited for Joo Hyuk outside of the theater. Not long after, I felt a hug behind me. I smiled. He may not b a fan of PDA but there are times when he could be really touchy towards me in public. "I thought you hate PDAs" I .. He ignored my teasing and said "I'm so happy you came.."

 

"You were so good awhile ago love..." I said and faced him. He smiled at my remark and replied, "Someday you will be directing a movie or series that I will lead, arasso?"  

 

"I will. And I will be the happiest when that day comes." I said, in which he responded "Let's reach our dreams together, love." And I could only nod to what he has said for even if he didn't asked me to, I will. I will support him all the day, and I also know that he will do just the same to me too.

 

 

 

 


"So can you share to us what is your ideal type Jiyong-shii?"

"Ah my ideal type? Well, I don't really have a specific one...hmmmm, but maybe someone who can support me and my work." He gave a hearty laugh after that, but just a few seconds after, his face suddenly became serious as if he was remembering something, "and oh, someone who will not leave me..." he looked upfront the camera, and why do I feel like he was talking directly to me? His stare is so intense that even if he is not really in front of me, I have to look away, for another minute of looking at hin and I think my heart will already explode of too much anger I am feeling right now.

 

Funny how he is being angry towards me when it should only be me that should feel that way towards him. I don't really understand his anger and disappointment towards me. Shouldn't I be the one feeling that way towards him? Why does he make it sound like he is the ing victim here and I was the one who broke his heart when he was the one who did?

 

I looked back again at the television in front me and he was talking on how he was thankful that his dreams are finally coming true. "I always dreamed of being an actor. I'm just really thankful that finally, slowly, all my dreams are coming true." I couldn't seem to continue watching him and hearing what he has to say anymore and so I turned off the TV.

 

True to what he has said, his dreams are finally coming true, as well as for me too. The only thing that was not coming true is that we, reaching our dreams together. It is also funny to think that I will be really directing a series that he will be the lead but the only twist of that dream of ours, is that at the present, we are really not supporting each other's work but rather we hated to even be in the same place at once. I felt a sudden pang on my chest just remembering the bittersweet past.

 

If I only knew that loving him is the most exquisite form of self destruction, I should have not. But it was already too late. The scars the he left my heart are too deep that even after so many years, it still hurts and I'm scared that it will forever be like that. No, I couldn't just let it go.

 

No, I could never forgive him of what he has done to me.

 

I will never forget that night he broke not just my heart, but my whole being. That night he ruined my whole life.

 

That night that he choose his career over me.

 

I will never forgive him.

 

Not in this lifetime.

 

Never.