FATE

Remnants of a Broken Heart (Daragon Version)

 

First day of school, yet here I am already bored as hell. When will this introductions end? I looked outside the window, and I smiled when I saw that it was raining. Somehow the rain makes me happy these days. For the rain reminds me of that handsome guy. That handsome guy who brought smile to my face in the most unexpected time of my life. Kwon Jiyong, ah what a beautiful name.

 

That rainy day with him in Jeju Island has really brought too many good memories to me. Too bad that the following day I have to go home already. I should have asked for his number. I should have told him that his smiles was so mesmerizing. Aisht! But anyways, maybe some people are just temporarily passing by in our lives. I sighed. Ah such a waste.

 

I was too lost in my thoughts that I didn't realized that the classes is already nearing to end. Not long after the professor had dismissed us for the day. Ah finally, I survived the first day of class.

 

As I walk in the corridors of Busan University, I can't help but feel a bit of of shy for people here are surely familiar with each other. Busan is  not a big city after all compared to Seoul. If I'm not mistaken most of the students here are schoolmates during their high school, hence they know each other already. As for me everything is new, from the school to the faces I passed by. I sighed. I suddenly miss my friends back at Seoul. I feel so alone.

 

I walked a little bit faster than normal and I didn't notice that I was already going to bump to a person coming my way. I clashed to a hard chest. I almost stumbled if not for the quick reflex of the guy I stumbled upon. Ouch that pretty hurts. "Hey, be careful miss. Are you okay?" I don't know if the impact of the clashing of me and the stranger is really that strong or I am just really having delusions, for the voice I just have heard is exactly like Kwon Jiyong. Aisht! What is wrong with me. I am acting crazy this day. I shook my head to erase the crazy thoughts forming my head. After awhile, I  slowly lifted my head, and their I saw a man looking exactly like Kwon Jiyong. This can't be. I shook my head again and rubbed my eyes . Maybe I'm just having some sort of after shock. I looked at the guy again, and it is needed Kwon Jiyong standing in front me. He looked as confused as I am. But after awhile, he gave me his mesmerizing smile.

 

What are those poets say again all the time?

 

Butterflies in your stomach?

 

Yes I felt butterflies in my stomach.

"Sandara Park..." He suddenly spoke to me. I felt my heart jump by his mere mention of my name. There was something in the way he said it that made me feel so special. He made it sound like my name is the most beautiful in the world. Because of him, I love my name even more.

 

"Kwon Jiyong..." I finally replied. And we just stood there looking and smiling at each other. The corridors were chaotic because other classes were already dismissed, yet we didn't seem to notice it or even if we did, it doesn't really matter. Yes, it was like what the greatest novelist had described, the world seemed to stop. Like we were the only ones left. I used to laugh at such descriptions in the books I have read, but now as I stand with Kwon Jiyong in front of me, I could now attest that yes it does happens. And Yes, one person could just make your world stop revolving and make everything irrelevant, with only him and you that matters at that moment, just like that.

 

After awhile, he finally broke the silence between us. Thank goodness that he decided to speak first, for I couldn't seem to come with the right words to say, "You left without saying goodbye.." I was left speechless yet again by what he said. "Good thing, fate is on my side.." he continued, smiling and looked directly into my eyes. I felt my whole body trembled by the intense stare he was giving me. Kwon Jiyong, what are you doing to me? I wanted to ask. But I just kept quiet still. I needed to collect my thoughts first before I gave him a reply for I am scared that I might tell him how beautiful his eyes are right now.

 

After a minute or so, I replied, "Small world huh? Who would have thought we'll see each other here yet again?" I gave light laugh to cover my nervousness away. "Yes who would have thought I'll see my muse yet again..." and just that, my heart pounded so hard that I thought I was having a heart attack. It didn't help that he tucked the loose hair that covered a part of my face to my ears and he spoke once again, "It's good to see you and I miss you Sandara Park"

That day I have come to realize that fate is such a good friend. That fate is what brought us.

 

 

 


"Do you really want me to believe that you know nothing? That you don't know I was the one Christina was talking about?" I was brought back to my senses when I heard his cold voice asking me. I looked at him and his face is blank that I couldn't read what he is thinking right now.

 

"Like I've said I didn't know you were the guy she was talking about. And please don't be so full of yourself. Why would I want to see you? I hate seeing you. Come to think of it, I dread everything about you." I don't even know where I've got that calmness while I deliver those words to him. If I was the same Dara as before, I would have trembled just my the mere sight of him. But I am no naive girl anymore. And it was all thanks to this in front of me.

 

"And you think I do?" He countered. After that, silence enveloped us once again. For a minute or so, we just send deadly glares to each other. As if those will kill one of us sooner or later.

 

I heard him took a deep sigh before he spoke again,"Why are you back here Sandara Park?" I looked away for awhile, for the way spoke my name was too much too handle. It was full of despise, of hatred. How dare him hate me when he was the one who was wrong? How dare him look so arrogant in front of me when he should be shameful of what he has done to me?

 

"Why? Is Seoul already your property now that I couldn't come back here again?" I replied to him sarcastically. I saw how his face reddened by my response to him. Yet again, we have continued our staring battle. It seems that both of us need to calm down first before we could even come up with another line to say. And true, another minute or so, he did gave his remarks yet again "Drop out from the project." I felt my blood boiling from what he said. Actually, it came to my mind too that I will not direct the series anymore. But now, as he commands not to do it. I suddenly change my mind. I will direct this project no matter what. "Why would I?"

 

"Because you said awhile ago that you hate to see me. So it doesn't make sense that you'll be directing the series that I will be the main lead" He explained arrogantly yet again.

 

"True I hate to see you but I didn't say I hate my job." I calmly replied to him. He gave me a deadly glare yet again. "You're unbelievable." He almost shouted.

 

"If you really want, be the one to back out as the lead of this series..... Because I wont..." I told him him with a wicked smile on my face. Sorry boy, I will not lose this time with you.

 

He was quiet for awhile. I watched him as he drank the glass of water in one go. After he was done, he faced me, smiled so evilly, and said "Sorry to disappoint you but no I am not going to back out myself. I guess we have to see each other for awhile then." He stood up and was about to leave the table but then he suddenly looked back again "Do pretend that we don't know each other. Can you at least do that?" With that he turned his back on me and went out of the restaurant.

 

That day I came to realize that fate could be such a too. That fate made us apart even more.