DISASTER

Remnants of a Broken Heart (Daragon Version)

It was the last school day in the university and finally I have made it through second year. I should be really happy right now like the other students but something is making me anxious. I felt like something major is going to happen today.

 

As I walked out of the room, I saw him leaning on the wall in front of me. He was looking down at his phone that he didn't noticed that I was already meters away from him. Just a second after, my phone beeped and I don't even have to look at it to know who texted me. As if on cue, he looked up when heard the beeping of my phone. He smiled when he saw me standing not far from him.

 

His smile makes my knees weak. But there was something in his eyes that made my heart felt uneasy. There was something in his slump shoulders that made me want to cry in this supposed to be happy day. There was something in the way he walked towards me that made me want to runaway for I don't want to hear anything he have to say right now.

 

"Hey.." he said as he was already standing in front of me.


"Hey" I replied back.


No one said anything after that. For a couple of minutes we just stood their like statues. People passing by are already looking at us like we are some foolish individuals who are out of our minds. But still no one dared to move. No one dared to speak. I could clearly hear the beating and slowly breaking of my heart. I wanted to just run away right now. Pretend that this is not happening. But this talk of ours is long overdue. This talk that I have been avoiding for a couple of days already. This talk that is making my heart break even If I don't even know what the outcome will be. This talk seems to be really happening today. I sighed. He must have heard it for he grabbed my right hand and made me looked at him. "Don't think too much. Let's just have fun today. Arasso?" He said while giving me that mesmerizing smile again. And though his words are so assuring, his voice so sweet and his smile so perfect, still my heart is uneasy, for his eyes betrays him. His eyes that mirrors mine. His eyes that are full of sadness, of fear, of doubts. But I nodded. I nodded because I wanted to think that everything is going to be fine. I nodded because I wanted to just be with him and not think of what's going to happen next. I nodded because I wanted to escape the harsh truth that this day may be the last day we may be seeing each other. And so I nodded.

 

Jiyong has always been the type of guy who's laid back. Someone who doesn't really want to be in a crowd that much. So every time we have dates, we would be visiting museums or go to the most unvisited park. When we have dinner dates we would always sit in the corner away from all the people. As for me, I also love that he prefers quiet places for I want to enjoy talking and being with him without any distractions.


And so today, as we walk outside of the school, him holding my hands so tightly, and me being a bit of conscious of my surroundings for everyone has been looking at us. You see, one thing about Jiyong is that, though he is a sweet boyfriend to me, he is not a fan of public display of affection. He dreaded it. From time to time, he may have hold my hands in the public, but not like this one. The way he hold my hands and the way he pulled me close to his body while we are walking is something so new, not just to everyone in school, but also to me.

 

When we are finally out of the school grounds, he stopped walking and faced me "So where do you want to go?" He asked. I didn't even have to think about it anymore for I have already decided awhile ago where I want to go. I know this will shock him, but I don't care anymore. I want to enjoy this day with him, only him. "Let's go to your apartment" I answered immediately. I could see that he was shocked about it. For the past two years that we have been together, I have never been into his apartment. And yes we had never done that thing. He didn't force me either. We may have kissed and did some stuff but that's just about that. I am no nun don't get me wrong. It's just that Jiyong and I have this agreement that as long as we could still stop ourselves from doing that, we will not do it.

 

And so for two years, we haven't even do such thing. My friends would laugh at me saying that maybe Jiyong is gay or he might be doing it with another woman for him to agree to such thing. But I would just laugh at them for I know that that is not true. There were times when we almost did it. But he stopped for he said that my eyes says that I am not ready yet. He said that when the time comes that he could tell that I was ready for the deed, he will not stop. That he will make love to me endlessly. I love him even more after that. This guy had given me so much respect and love that I sometimes couldn't thank God enough for this wonderful blessing he has given me.

 

"Let's go to your apartment. So you could cook for me." I tried to laugh off my nerves out. But we both know that it's not what I really mean. I am pathetic for wanting to do this so bad knowing that there is so much uncertainty afterwards? I looked at him and he looks as if he wanted to asked if I was sure, but when he saw my determined face, he didn't. "Arasso, I'll cook you your favorite dish." He said while he pulled my hand again to hold it.

 

The walk to his apartment is awfully quiet. Jiyong would looked at me from time to time, smiling, squeezing my hand, and I too would smile back and squeeze his hand.

 

Now as I stand outside of his apartment while Jiyong is looking for his keys to open the door, I felt like I am going to throw up with so much nervousness I am feeling inside. But I shrug that feeling away. Call me stupid but there is no better day to do this than today. The door finally opened and Jiyong guided me inside. "So this is my apartment." He said.

 

As I roam my eyes, I could see that the room surely resembles Jiyong's personality, simple yet full of sophistication. The room is white with a touch of black. On the left side of the room, there is black couch with a tv in front of it. The kitchen is the right side and though it is small, it looks efficient to prepare dishes at. I roamed my eyes again and I saw a door in which I presumed where his room is located. I gulped and I tried to looked back again at the living room and their I saw a small black table beside the couch. A frame with a pic of me is present . I smiled. All of the nervousness seemed to fade away.

 

Jiyong made me sit on the couch and gave me the remote, telling me that I could watch the tv while he cooks. "So pasta?" He asked. I nodded and smiled. I tried to busy myself watching the tv but who am I kidding? I don't understand what I am even watching. I turned off the tv and went to the kitchen where Jiyong is currently cooking. He must have felt my presence for he looked up "Are you already hungry?" He asked. "Ani, I just want to check if you really know what you are doing." I . He turned off the stove and it looks like he is already finished cooking. I was to engrossed looking at the pasta in the pan that I didn't realize that Jiyong is already in front me. "I love you." He suddenly said while he tucks the loose hair covering the right side of my face to my ear. My heart almost jumped out of my body with his sudden gesture. "C'mon let's eat." He continued and turned his back on me but I stopped him, pulled his hands to made him face me. "I'm not really hungry." And with that, I grabbed his face and kissed him. I don't care anymore. All I know is that I want to show this guy how much I love him. How much he means to me. I sensed that he was shocked for awhile for he didn't seem to respond fully at my kiss. But when he did, all of my inhibitions faded in thin air.

 

He kissed me too deeply, too passionately. He kissed me like never before. He carried me and made me sit on the kitchen bar while still kissing me. I on the other hand, opened the buttons of his polo shirt and took it off from him. I know that Jiyong has a great body, but this is the first time I could clearly see his perfect abs and I couldn't help but gasp of how y he looks. I touched his abs and oh it felt so hard. His body reacted to my touched, that I'm sure of, for I could see a bulge forming inside his jeans. I blushed by the sight of it. I grabbed his face and kissed him once again. He carried me off the kitchen bar while kissing and he walked towards the bedroom,with me wrapping my legs on his torso and my hands on his neck. I heard the opening of the door and just after awhile, he slowly put me down on the bed. He looked at me with so much passion and love and I almost wanted to cry for I also love this man and it makes me happy that he feels the same way with me too. "I love you" I said before I pulled him on top of me and kissed him senselessly.

 

 

 

 


"Dara-shii, are you okay?" I heard Honey, the writer of the manhwa I will be working on for the next months, asked..

"Neh! I'm okay..." I replied to her.

"Are you sure? You suddenly looked ill. We could talked about this next time if you're not feeling so well.." she said again looking worried.

"Ani, I'm really okay. Let's just continue.." I told her while giving her a reassuring smile.

"Arasso. So as I was saying, Kwon Jiyong has already accepted the role. And I'm really excited for he will surely fit this role, don't you think?" she looked at me and I just smiled in response.

"Oh I'm sorry, you've been away from Korea for quiet some time, you might not know him that much. He's really a good actor and he is one of the most popular actor right now." She added. And I could see the sparkle in her eyes while describing the guy. Clearly, he admires him. Well everybody admires him.

"Don't worry I know him. I mean, I have seen his billboards here and there." I replied.

"Good then. I'm really excited for this. With Kwon Jiyong as the male lead as well as the other good actors and actress in this drama, plus your creative hands directornim, this will be daebak." Honey said with too much enthusiasm.

"Neh neh..." I could only reply.

Kwon Jiyong, the name I dreaded the most, the guy I wouldn't want to be near of, is the same guy I will be working with for the next couple of months. Just when I thought everything in my life is doing well, then here comes disaster. Disaster in the name of Kwon Jiyong.