Two in One

Diary of Zhang Yixing

"Hey, how long will he be out?"

"Not for too long.... Damnmit, those idiots don't know when to outta things, ya know?"

"Yea, you're right. But was it a good idea to keep him alive? What if he rats us out to the Wu- OW! What was that for?!"

"Just because Yixing is Chinese doesn't mean he's part of the Wu clan, Baek! I've known him for years! He wouldn't do that to me!"

The conversations around him stirred Yixing. He slowly fluttered his eyes open. Above him was Chanyeol and the same boy from the storm, just observing his face as if he was some kind of experiment. "AH!" Yixing let out, forcing the two to back off. "W-What's going on here?! Chanyeol?! Why are you in my house? A-And you? Y-Your boyfriend?" Yixing asked, freaked out. He gestured Baekhyun to Chanyeol as if they were lovers.

Chanyeol widened his eyes and shook his head. "N-No, Yixing! Just partners! Calm down, Jesus!" he waved his hand out, trying his best to calm the obviously panicked man. "We're just here to look after you!" he assured, putting his best smile to calm Yixing. He sighed as he sat on the bed. "Don't you remember? You were knocked out last night from the hard impact you had on the ground."

Yixing stayed quiet before a flash of memory came through. 'That's right... I was attacked by a man who knew...' Suddenly, the realization of someone knowing of his noble status from China made him panicked. "I-I have to get out of here. I can't stay here!" he muttered, throwing the covers off himself.

"Woah, woah. Slow down there, buddy." Baekhyun stepped in front of Yixing. "You can't get outta here just yet." he crossed his arms. "Besides, there are tons of gang mobs waiting for you back in China as there are Korean gangs at the airport at this very moment. Everyone knows who you are all thanks to this incident." he informed, pointing at Yixing at the last sentence. "Wouldn't be a good idea to leave to China, now would it?"

"Then to America... I probably survive in-"

"Nope. Gangs have connections everywhere. Anywhere you run to, they'll find you." Baekhyun muttered. He stepped back, shurgging. "But if you want to leave, be my guest. Just know that Sehun would possibly be pissed off if you left."

"S-Sehun?" Yixing stuttered out, his face draining of color. He shook his head. "I don't care about this Sehun... I don't even know him." he muttered as he emptied out his drawers. "Why should care about what he felt?" he said quietly, frowning. He kneeled on the ground to grab his rather medium sized suitcase. "I'll just find someplace where no one knows." he muttered as he opened his drawers to empty them.

Chanyeol rose his eyebrow surprised. "Because he's the one that saved you..." he answered. He looked out the door to see a shadow standing outside the door, listening. Sighing, he looked back at his friend. He took a hold of some clothes before asking, "He is after all your friend isn't he?"

Yixing widen his eyes looking at Chanyeol. "Chanyeol, what are you talking about? I only have two friends. That's you and Xunqi!" he said with a tone. He snatched his clothes away from the taller man. "I don't need you to drag yourself or your friend in this mess... I need to deal with it myself." he said softly. Yixing stuffed his clothes in the suitcase before shutting it closed. "I-I... I don't want you guys to hurt yourself trying to protect me." he said quietly.

Baekhyun groaned and ran a hand through his hair. "Believe me if it was up to me, I'd have the boss step outta this one, but he seems to like you a lot." he grumbled. He looked over his shoulder outside the door before rolling his eyes. "Look, you seem to think if you just give the treasure to the gangs after you, you'll be all good and clean, but that's not what it is. Gangs are after you to own you like you are property. It's all because of that stupid key you got there to the world's treasure. After your use is over, they'll find another use for you..." he explained as he kept a firm eye contact with the other. "A use against your will."

The florist stood there, shaking. He held his head up high, as if he didn't hear a word the other said. "If they do, they do. At least you guys wouldn't be dragged into this. Besides... that Sehun already done enough. Tell him my thanks for me would you?" he said as he grabbed his suitcase.

Chanyeol slammed his hand down on the suitcase so Yixing couldn't move. "Damn, sometimes you're so thickskulled Yixing." he laughed, shaking his head. "We're here trying to help you! We could protect you from them! Then after this blows over you can go-"

"No! No! No! Stop!" Yixing yelled, shaking his head. "I don't need your help! I don't need anyone's help!" He covered his face in fustartion. "You just don't get it, do you?" he whispered, gritting his teeth. "Even if you guys could help me... Why should you? Aren't you guys just as suspicious as those gangs? Don't you guys just want this stupid key too?" he laughed as he let his hands fall, his tears running hot down his cheeks. Then something clicked in his mind. How did these guys know who he was? Was it possible they knew all this time as well? "Is that why you became my friend too, Chanyeol?" he muttered, looking down. "Because you knew who I was?"

For a moment everything became quiet. "Yixing you know that's not true... It was because you-"

"Because I'm what? A mess? Did you do it out of pity? Are you going be helping me because of pity?" Yixing snapped, glaring at his friend. "Was that night also a concidence? Did you do it to meet me? Was everything here a lie?!" he yelled. Something in him was boiling. It was feeding the pit of fire of anger that was just growing and growing as he began to realize certain things.

Baekhyun looked over at Chanyeol, nearly frightened. This florist wasn't as what he expected...

Chanyeol glared right back. "You know that's just a lie. I wouldn't put my neck out for death just to meet you! I wanted to be your friends because you helped me when I was from the streets! Why can't you see I'm just trying to repay you?! I want to save you just like you saved me that night years ago!" he yelled, stepping up to Yixing.

Then all was quiet. Baekhyun looked at the two back and forth, unsure if he had the right to even be there.

The florist bit his lip, shaking. "Chanyeol..." he wanted to yell and scream. He wanted to punch the man in front of him, but he couldn't. Something in him just knew Chanyeol was right. If it wasn't, then Chanyeol probably would have tried to kill him earlier. All this yelling and sobbing it wasn't because Yixing was distrustful. It was out of fear. For once in his life, Yixing was scared for his life.He sobbed as he buried himself on Chanyeol's chest. "I... I'm so scared...I don't want to be apart of this Lord stuff anymore." he admitted.

A soft sigh answered as a hand petted his soft locks. "I know... I know... " Chanyeol muttered as he comforted the other. "Look, go wash your face. You look like an actual mess." he chuckled, getting a good looked at his friends face. For that he earned a laugh from Yixing.

"I guess so... " Yixing sniffled, wiping his eyes. He pulled away before giving a small smile. He walked past Baekhyun as he headed out the door.

Baekhyun frowned as he stared at the friends. 'That didn't take too ing long.'

As Yixing was about to head  out the door, he could see someone standing by the door. He walked out more to get a good glimpse to see Xunqi, leaning against the wall. "Xunqi..." he said quietly.

The two in his bedroom nearly jumped. "Ah... right. I'm sure you don't know his proper name, Yixing." Chanyeol said as he stood by the door. "This is Sehun... Oh Sehun."

Yixing stared at Xunqi- wait not Xunqi... Sehun. This was Sehun. The person he claimed was a monster. The one he had seen in newspaper that killed many. "S... Sehun." he said quietly. 

Sehun looked at Yixing, emotionless."Leave us for a moment." he muttered to the other two without leaving Yixing's eyes. Chanyeol frowned and was about to speak up but Baekhyun was already pulling him away to the living room. Then the two were alone in the hallway. Sehun pushed off the wall stepping up to Yixing. "So... Now you know the truth. Do you see now why I told you that I'm a monster?" he muttered, his eyes seeming darker than usual.

Yixing looked away, nearly frightened. He could feel Sehun's breath close by his ear as the other leaned in.

"You're scared of me too aren't you? I've seen how you react to the newspaper.... The ones with my name in bold letters that is." Sehun muttered lowly, feeling as Yixing trembled before him. "You're shaking... Mmm... This is why I really didn't want you to find out, but after last night there was no use hiding it."

The florist pushed Sehun back gently. "Y-You're... too close... Sehun." he whispered, feeling a uncomfortable heat rising to his cheeks. He hasn't been so close to an attractive person other than Chanyeol. Yixing stepped back a bit, only to draw Sehun closer to him. "From the newspaper, you are a bad person..." he said quietly, looking down.

Sehun watched, his eyebrows knitted together.

"But... you don't seem like you are when you are at my shop." Yixing said, rubbing his arm. "I actually like you, Sehun. Just not the one in the newspaper... Maybe I am scared, but it's because I don't know if the way you were acting at my shop was actually geniune..." he tried to explain, but the words were all scattered throughout his brain.

"... " Sehun looked at the florist with nothing in his eyes. It was as if he was too was having trouble processing what the florist was saying. "So what are you trying to say Mr. Zhang?" he muttered, frowning.

"W-Well..." Yixing mumbled, looking back down. "..."

"Use your words." Sehun snapped, irraited.

"I still want to be your friend." he muttered. "Yeah, I don't like what you did from reading newspapers but I'm sure there could be reasons... I don't know. But something in me still wants to be your friend." he said quietly. "Throughout the days you've come in my shop, I never felt threatened by you but just curiousity. You were usually quiet, you wanted the same flower, you didn't bother me so much and I felt happy when you are around."

A silence settled in between the two. They looked at each other, a bit awkward. "Even though, you did see my reactions towards the news of your actions... Why do you still want to help me?" Yixing broke it up, looking at Sehun curiously.

The shimmer of Sehun's dark eyes, reflected off the light from the windows. Those dark pools staring right back at Yixing's own eyes. Softly, Sehun's hand ran through his own blonde hair.

 

"I honestly don't know."

 

 

 

Dear Diary, 

There are some stories out there I don't want to learn. There are some I am eager to crack open. Xunqi... I mean Sehun... His story is combination of both. Something about him still makes me curious. However, I am also scared of learning how he turned out this way... From the days we've encounter and spoke, he's been nothing but nice. Now that I know he is the Sehun... I don't know how to feel. It's a mix of feelings. I still want to be friend despite the things he's done, but I'm still mad about those things. Is this normal? I'm not sure. I'm sure I will find out sooner or later.

                                                      - CLOSE, Zhang Yixing