Something Happened

EUNOIA
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Now I know why you’re drooling over her.”

Kibum’s hand freeze on the shutter of his camera, slightly mortified, he turned to Luna who pushed the display cart full of colorful skirt, trying to be his per usual laid back outskirt.

“Excuse me?”

She put aside her stuff and glances again to Kibum, ready about to give him her patent-pending are-you-kidding-me look. But the second she caught him, she lost appetite to show her attitude.

“It’s her, isn’t it?”

“What?”

She rolled her eyes as if she knew he would bother trying to deny it.

“Jesus Christ, do not even try, Kim Kibum. Oh, why, you asked? Because it’s obvious.”

Kibum hates lying, so naturally he just shrugged and silently changing the lens of his camera, ignoring Luna who started to get annoyed because she had been left unanswered. However, though he didn’t say anything, she fathomed by the sight, her friend doesn’t runaway.

This time, he gave up and admitted his heart.

“She’s beautiful isn’t she?”

Luna quite surprised with the unexpected phrase. Calmly, he brought his camera toward her direction, following every single movement of the girl across the garden. Her eyes reflects full of excitement when she talked to the local independent designer who his brand’s chosen for today’s photoshoot – a sight Kibum wanted to capture forever.

The way she walked, the way her hips sway when she walked, sure it blown away his mind. The way her eyelashes kissed her cheeks when she blinks, definitely lit up the old forgotten lantern stored at the back of his mind. The way her hair fell loose on the side of her neck, is the kind of aesthetic Kibum wanted to see for the rest of his life.

But it’s not her beauty that captivated him. It’s her sincerity softly caressing his existence whenever those plump lips parting and curved up into a beautiful smile Kibum swear is more blinding than sun in the middle of summer day.     

“As far I know, she must be more than beautiful for you to start taking a picture of someone,” Kibum stoned and hate to admit that Luna knows too much, when she found him finally turned to her direction, she reopened , “Again.”

“Well, I can’t be more oblivious, can I?” he darted his eyes back to Eunsook, this time without lenses in between, “I spent my life to push people away just for a little revenge for my past. But the curse seems love me too much apparently. This time I need to assemble all the guts I have to make her stay in my orbit. Or at least in my visibility. If it’s not ironic, it must be pathetic.”

The memory of Kibum ranting about how messed up he is trying to stand the ground when life testing him with such a beautiful creature who probably wouldn’t even consider him an option at 3 AM in the middle of couples of wine’s bottle in her apartment is still vivid in her mind.

It’s very not Kibum if she needs to conclude in a simple way.

“Why didn’t you say anything?”

At this point, habitually Luna already raised her voice to lecture him at least for five minutes.

“Should I? Both of us know we are so bad at lying. I cannot say that you’re pathetic, Love. In the contrary, for me you looked… happier? During the three years we’ve been worked together, I think this is the first time you’re not complaining when team wanted to try another collection outside the brief plan. If this girl gave such a major change at work, I don’t mind she’s stick around.”

She winked mischievously and Kibum scoffed, but then frown’s hanging instantly on his face.

“Did you and Minho go to the same school? Because that tall ogre said exactly what you’ve said. The fact I became less bitter when she’s around would be a go—, she’s coming—Having fun I see?”

Her smile almost splits her face ear to ear. Including Kibum’s heart.

“If I know your job is this amusing, I would tag along since the first time we met!”

“Should have just became a creep and kidnapped you right away when Junghee introduced us, haven’t I?”

“Can be.. no one wouldn’t mind if the creep’s at least this cute and had a very good camera like that, am I right?”

Eunsook playfully turned to Luna and the short haired girl gave both of her thumbs up to her, and an approved look to Kibum, which the latter can only sigh on it.

“Well, well, well. Beautiful and very good at flirting, Junghee supposed to warn you instead of me.”

“You heard him?” Eunsook turned to Luna again, “Who do you think is the better flirt? Me or the almighty Kim Kibum?”

“Before she can say anything harmful, Eunsook this is Luna. And Luna, this is Eunsook.”

“Hi, nice to meet you!” Luna stretched her hands, “I heard quite much about you.”

“Nice to meet you too! I hope you don’t hear that much until you want to shove me under the bus.”

“Hmmm, my friend over here kept talking about the girl who stayed in their house. She’s very beautiful he said. I’m quoting here, human version of angel blessed with the prettiest lips and eyes. That makes me envy, but when I see you in person, I understand why he said that. I can cancel the plan throwing you to my gym’s swimming pool.”

Eunsook laughs and from the corner of her eyes, Luna can see how Kibum’s face turned maroon, making her hardly control her urge to more.

“Thank you for telling me this. Apparently, Junghee was right, I need to stay in a good distance from this dangerous man,” she winked to Luna and rest her hand on his arm, “And Kibum, thank you for the compliment by the way, though it’s very unlikely an angel needs to spend fifteen minutes in the morning just to fit them into skinny jeans. But don’t worry, whether what have Luna said is true or not, I still like you because you made the great friend and allowed me to disturb your busy day.”

While Luna cracks on the spot, making Eunsook quite surprise with such loud voice coming from her tiny figure, Kibum shut his eyes tight of embarrassment.

“You happy now, little Grinch?”

“More than any other day.”

While Kibum and Luna enjoyed their time bickering who’s the evil one, Eunsook’s phone rang, caught Kibum in aware he stopped talking right away.

“Sorry, I need to take this one,” but she didn’t go anywhere, “Are you done bothering me?”

It can’t be that man. But Minho said the other day she said he ruined her vacation by texting her?

“I told you, Lee Taemin, I’m okay.”

Of course it’s Taemin. She won’t pick it up here if it was him.

“This is why you don’t talk to Minho behind my back. He probably tired listening to Junghee whining about how I don’t want to listen to her again, he decided to say rubbish to you.”

“Am I not allowed to call my own sister and check what’s going on with her?”

“Only if you really want to know. Not when you just check me in to report to Hyukjae.”

“He needs to know.”

“No, he wants to know. Why don’t you tell him to grow some balls and call me by himself?”

“Well, he will if I told him you’re dating a photographer now.”

“What the actual heck are you talking about?”

“The other night I called Minho but he’s in the shower and..”

“.. good witch, Kim Junghee.”

“At least now I know that you really are, pretty much okay.”

“Go to your studio and never comeback home, you little animal!”

“I love you too, my dear sister. I’ll tell Hyukjae you have a new boyfriend already.”

“I swear to God, Lee Taemin, if you dare saying non sense to anyone, I will fly home right away and shove your precious iPods down your throat!”

She pushed her phone to her pocket and uttering some good curses un

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter