JINX

Second Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

LISA'S POV

Sunday, 8:35 PM

“Is this the right place?” I looked at the big house in front of me that was few blocks away from the campus. I approached the big red gate, letting out a huff and putting the paper with the address back in my pocket.  Hands sweating, knees shaking, and I could feel the thudding on my chest. “Calm down Lisa,” I muttered to myself.  “It’s just a party."

I walked inside and saw tons of people dancing, drinking, smoking and… making out. I’m not used to this kind of situation when I was still in Thailand. But then again, I never went to any party before. As I’m getting closer, I saw Joy with some papers standing on the front yard alone.

“Hey, why are you here alone? And is that an attendance sheet?” I walked towards her.

“Oh. Hi Lisa! This isn’t an attendance sheet. It’s the list of all the school events this year. I need to finalize this so that I'll be able to submit it to the president before classes start,” she explained. “But it’s no biggie. I can have fun and do my job at the same time. I wish I could talk more but I have to do this. You should go inside. There are lots of food and drinks in there. See ya' later, Lisa!” And with that, she walked away.

I entered the house and was welcomed with loud dance music blasted on maximum volume all over the place. Wow, this is some wild party. I can’t believe it’s my first time actually attending these kinds of events without Bambam, or without my parents tailing and monitoring me wherever I go.

I walked over to the table where all the foods and booze were placed when a girl with black wavy hair wearing off-shoulders holding a beer can approached me.

“I haven’t seen you in the campus before, and you don’t look Korean too. Are you new here?” the girl asked.

“Yeah, I’m from Thailand. I just got here the other day.”

“Oh, I see. I’m Bae Joohyun, by the way. But you can call me Irene.” She extended her arm and smiled.

“I’m Lisa Manoban.” I reached out to shake her hand.

“So, you’re the new member of Square Three Chaeyoung has been talking about earlier. I hope that you and the others get along well in the band. It’s important that you have good relationship to make Square Three work,” Irene said.

I just smiled at her in response.

“We aren’t going to see each other that often inside the campus since that place is enormous, so here, take this.” She handed me the unopened can of beer she was holding all this time.

“N-no, I can’t. I don’t drink.” I stepped back and shook my head as I declined her offer.

“What?” She giggled. “What are you? A toddler? I insist. Take it.” She put the can on my hand forcefully whilst getting another can for herself.

“Drink it.”

“What?” I asked as I let out a laugh.

“Drink it.” Does she really expect me to open this and drink in front of her? “I don’t think you’d even drink that beer if I walk away immediately. So, I wanna see you finish that up right now. Come on Lisa, you’re not in highsc-”

She stopped when she saw me pop the can open and gulp the disgusting drink as fast as I could. I closed my eyes as I finished the beer up. Irene crossed her arms and smiled at me after I drank every drop of beer inside the can.

“That’s more like it,” she said as she clapped her hands. “Well, my job here is done, so enjoy the rest of the party, Lisa.”

It was my first time to drink beer and I gotta admit, it felt good to actually go outside of my comfort zone for once. Although, I hated the still-lingering aftertaste.

“Hey, Lisa! Over here .” I turned around to see Jennie yelling in the distance.

“I thought you couldn’t make it, and why were you in there alone?” she asked as I walked towards the porch where she was standing.

“Well, I don’t know anyone here, so I feel a bit awkward. Why are you alone here as well?”

She hasn’t answered my question yet when Jisoo and a group of people carrying a lot of booze walked inside the house. “Hey, you two, it’s truth or dare time, come on!” Jisoo called us and continued to walk with the pack.

Jennie grabbed my wrist and pulled me towards the door with her. “Woah, wait. You can go in there without me. I’m not going to join. I’ll stay here.”

“What do you mean you’ll stay here? It’s cold here and besides, it’s going to be fun, come on.” She continued dragging me inside the house like a little kid and sat on the floor where the others were.

“Sit here.” She  patted the empty space beside her.

 

THIRD PERSON POV

 

Meanwhile, on the far right side of the room, Chaeyoung was with three other men who were listening to her lectures about religion.

“And that is why we must obey the 10 commandments no matter what the situation is,” Chaeyoung said, closing the bible in her hands.

“Wow Chaeyoung, you’re really religious. That is one of the reasons why I want to ‘John 15:11’ you,” one guy said.

“What do you mean, Jungkook?” she asked, furrowing her eyebrows in confusion.

“John 15:11, I wanna make you smile whenever you’re sad.” Jungkook winked.

“Aww, that’s so sweet of you, thank you.”

“Jesus, Jungkook, that’s one of the lamest pickup lines I’ve ever heard my entire life,” another guy replied.

“Like you can do better, Taehyung,” Jungkook said.

Taehyung smirked at him before facing Chaeyoung with a serene smile.  “I want to graduate and be a doctor for you, Chaeyoung. You know, so I can ‘Jeremiah 30:17’ you someday,” he said.

“What’s that, V?” Chaeyoung asked.

“Jeremiah 30:17, Heal you when your health is bad.”

“You know, my precious Rosie,” Junhoe interrupted. “No matter what these idiots say, I’d still ‘Isaiah 41:10’ you any day.”

“And what is that Junhoe?” Chaeyoung smiled.

“Isaiah 41:10. All I wanna do is always be with you.” Junhoe was about to put his arms around Chaeyoung’s shoulders when Jisoo stood up and approached the couch where they were sitting.

“Excuse me if I’m interrupting, which I know I am, but please get your pickup lines away from Chaeyoung. I’d really appreciate it. Or else,” Jisoo said bluntly to the three men.

“Or else what?” Junhoe mocked.

“Or else I’m kicking you out myself. You don’t want to go home when the night is still young, right? So get off my couch.” Jisoo threatened.

“Psh, party pooper. Be thankful you’re the host this year because it will be the last. I won’t let you ruin the fun next year. Come on guys, let’s go grab some drinks.”

Jisoo turned to Chaeyoung and crossed her arms as she shook her head. “Aren’t you going to join?” she asked.

“No, I’m good, unnie. I’ll just read here, and besides, I don’t even drink,” Chaeyoung replied as she opened the bible she was holding.

“Suit yourself.”

 

LISA'S POV

               

“I’m sorry about that,” Jisoo said as she sat down beside Momo.

“Is the booze ready?” she asked.

“All set, Jisoo,” Irene answered.

“What does she mean by ‘is the booze ready’?” I whispered to Jennie who was sitting beside me.

“The player who won’t do the dare or answer the question has to drink an entire can of beer. If you still didn’t do the dare or answer the question again the second time you get picked, then you get to drink two cans of beer. And so on.” Hearing what she said made me anxious. My taste buds were already killing me after drinking one can of beer earlier. I knew I shouldn’t have joined this in the first place, but there’s no backing out now, the game’s already starting.

The bottle spun in the middle of the group’s circle; the room was dead silent as the bottle slowly came to a stop.

“Now, Jimin. Truth or Dare?” Irene asked as the bottle pointed at her and Park Jimin, one of the school’s well-known dancing machines. Well, despite his fame, I heard he’s also famous for almost getting expelled five times last year for grinding on teachers during class.

“Truth is for weaklings, so of course, dare.” Jimin said smugly. Joy bent down to whisper something to Irene, and she immediately bursted out laughing.

“So dare huh? I dare you to show everyone your ,” Irene smirked as she crossed her arms, ready to witness Jimin getting embarrassed for the nth time.

“What? No,” he answered with a giggle.

“Wow, so the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter