Walk Slow

Second Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JENNIE'S POV

“Are you following me?! Why are you here?!” I yelled as I saw this orange-haired girl I met outside earlier, standing at my front door.

“I should be the one asking you that question. What are you doing here?” she answered calmly as she stepped inside the room like it was hers. My first impression was right. She is disrespectful. Well, she is kinda cute, but that doesn’t change the fact that she’s still disrespectful.

“What do you mean? This is my room! Get out before I call the room maintenance and-“ I got cut off when I saw her sitting on the other bed, taking her shoes off, and putting it beside the closet that was supposed to be mine.

"You’re my roommate huh? Well, I’m fine with that as long as you keep this room tidy then we won’t have a problem.” She smirked while crossing her arms. Annoying. That brat. I don’t think she knows who she’s talking to.

“So you’re the one who touched my things! Thanks to you, I can’t find my clothes! Now I have to look everywhere for it!”

“Don’t you know how to look at the laundry basket? Your used clothes were just lying inside that closet! I exerted effort to put those in the laundry for you and this is what I get?” she yelled back and raised her eyebrows as she pointed to at the basket where my clothes were stacked. As much as I hate to admit it, yes, she did have a point. I could’ve at least looked at the laundry basket first, knowing that those were my used clothes.       

“Whatever.” I turned around and hopped on my bed. “Next time, don’t ever touch my things no matter how messy I get. You won’t get it, but somehow, I find order in chaos,” I said as I tucked myself under my sheets and closed my eyes. “Oh, and lock the door.”

“Psh, order in chaos. Your clothes were all over the place. Where’s the order there?”

I was half asleep and I still heard what she said in a mocking tone. Of all the people I can be roommates with, why did it have to be her? She already annoyed me to my limits in less than a minute of meeting her this morning. What more if we shared a room together?

THE NEXT DAY

I woke up to the sound of an alarm going off early in the morning. Too early. It’s Saturday! I stood up and walked to my roommate’s side drawer to turn off the loud alarm that was probably hers. “What a heavy sleeper,” I whispered as I smacked the clock to turn it off.

I wanted to go back to sleep. I mean, isn’t it normal for a college student to enjoy her last days of summer and just sleep until noon? Thanks to my new inconsiderate roommate, I got out of bed at 7 o’clock on a Saturday morning, earlier than I expected. I grabbed my phone to check if there were any messages from Jisoo or Chaeyoung, but instead of messages, I saw lots of news and gossips on different social media sites about Nayeon’s band. I knew my day was already ruined the second I saw her name on the daily scoop of the city’s newspaper.

“Ugh, that’s it. I have to do something about this.” I clicked on the messaging app. “Jisoo and Chaeng, meet me at the practice room by 8 o’clock. I’m going to talk to you guys and it’s urgent.” After sending the text, I immediately grabbed the towel that was hanged beside my bed and went in the bathroom.

THIRTY MINUTES LATER

I finally exited the bathroom after a long soothing bath. I looked at my right where the beds were placed to see my roommate still in her dreamland. “Look at this brat lecturing me about being responsible yet can’t even turn off her own alarm.” Shaking my head, I walked towards my bed. “Wait, where are my shoes? I thought I just threw it beside my bed last night? Where in the world did it go?”

I looked everywhere; the shoe racks, the cabinet, beside the drawers, but there’s still no sign of my shoes. “I can’t lose them! They’re Gucci for goodness sake!” That’s it. I’m waking this woman up and ask her where my shoes are. There’s a chance that she might not know where they are and I would just probably destroy her peaceful sleep. Well, she deserves to experience what it feels like get interrupted while sleeping.

I kneel down beside her bed to match the level of her face.  I was expecting to see her hideous morning face. But what I saw was the exact opposite. I admit she was kinda cute up close when she was awake, but I did not expect that she would still look this angelic while sleeping. I couldn’t help but stare at her and smile like an idiot. It’s like my muscles in my face are betraying me and are just grinning involuntarily just by looking at her morning face. The last thing I would want now is to get caught staring at her sleeping.

“You are kinda cute, I admit. If only you weren’t annoying,” I whispered.

To my surprise, her eyes opened after I said that directly to her face. Oh my goodness. Did she hear me? Did she hear what I just said? I immediately switched to my usual poker face when I saw her looking at me.

“Good morning. What are you looking at? Is there something on my face?” She smiled. I feel awkward around her especially that I just met her and I don’t know her that much.

“Where did you hide my shoes?!” I yelled to break the ice.

“Woah chill. I don’t think ‘hide’ is the correct word. I kept it under your bed last night,” she answered while trying sit down. I stood up and grabbed my shoes that were under my bed all this time. “Didn’t I tell you to never touch my things? When will you ever learn to leave me and my things alone?” I reasoned out whilst walking out the room and leaving her with a door slam.

I ran as fast as I could through the hallways that were once empty, and now filled with people going towards different directions. I stood in front of a newly painted building near the library. As I was regaining my usual breathing, I opened the front door quickly with force that it made a really loud noise that it echoed all over the room.

"I’m sorry, I’m late,” I said as I w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter