Goodbye Summer

Second Voice
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


An orange-haired girl stepped inside the gates of Se-Eon University and glanced around warily. Lalisa Manoban, a freshman, approached a stranger to ask for directions, stuffing her hands in her pockets to hide her nervousness. 

She lets out a loud gasp as she approached a young lady with straight black hair, probably in her 20s, wearing a black hoodie, ripped pants, and earphones stuffed in her ears.

"Excuse me? Do you know where to find this building?" Lisa asked as she walked with a faster pace to catch up with the girl who seems to be avoiding her.

"Uhm, hello? Do you know where to find thi-" 

"Can't you see I’m walking here? Go get help from those people over there. And get out of my way." The lady shoved Lisa away and continued walking as if she heard or did nothing. 

"Psh, pretty but rude? Such a shame," Lisa wandered around the campus with her luggage and bags when a woman wearing a white dress bumped her. 

"I'm so sorry! I didn't see you." 

"It's okay, I wasn’t looking where I was going either. My apologies. You seem lost. Are you new here?" the woman asked. 

"Yeah. I just arrived this morning and I don’t know where my building is. Do you happen to know where this is?" Lisa handed the paper where the building name was written. The woman looked thoughtful for a second. 

“Maji Makcho Dorm is right behind the gymnasium. Do you want me to walk with you? I’m going to the café and it’s on the way, so no worries.”

"Sure." 

After a long quiet walk towards Lisa's building, the girl finally said something to break the uncomfortable silence between them. 

"We're here. Funny how your building is the same as my friend’s,” the girl uttered as she smiled brightly towards Lisa. She looked at her wrist watch and was shocked to see the ti me. "OMG I’m 15 minutes late! Unnie will be so mad at me. I should get going. Will you be okay if I leave you here?"

"Sure. It wouldn't be that hard to find my dorm room now that I’m here." 

The girl was about to walk away when Lisa grabbed her shoulder and said, "I haven't asked your name yet. I should ask it because you're the first one who actually helped me here." 

"Oh, right. I'm Park Chaeyoung, but my friends call me Chaeng. I'm a sophomore.  And you?" 

"I'm Lalisa Manoban. But you can call me Lisa."

"Nice to meet you, Lisa." 

"W-wait, by the way, thanks for walking me here. Glad to have at least one person here who actually care about newbies." Lisa giggled. 

"What are you saying? There are lots of friendly people here." 

"Well, I met this shady girl earlier. Damn, she was so cranky. I just asked her for directions and she got really grumpy that she pushed me away. Too bad.  She was my type...but that was before she got mad at me." Lisa said defensively. 

"I'm sure she had reasons. Maybe she was in a rush or something?" 

"You're also in a rush right? And you didn't get mad at me." Chaeyoung blushed that she forgot the time. 

"I wish I could talk more, but my friend is waiting for me in the cafe. I'll just see you around the campus." Chaeyoung smiled as she ran away from Lisa. 

"Park Chaeyoung," Lisa whispered as she saw Chaeyoung disappearing in the horizon.

--

Lisa entered the huge crowded building only to find tons of people also looking for their dorms. The struggle of lifting each heavy luggage on every step of the stairs, the struggle of looking for her dorm number on every floor of the building was already stressful for Lisa.

Finally, after a long devastating walk around the building to look for her room, she finally found it on the 3rd floor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter