Final

I Can Hear You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I miss you.” 

 

It was written in black. The edges of the paper were kind of cramped, and a few creases here and there. The penmanship was manly, but it had some little curves as if the person’s hand was shaking as he wrote it.

 

I sighed as I realized who it was. I turned my head around to look for him, but all I see was an empty room. Suddenly, the door opened and a silhouette of a man came in.

 

I folded the paper as I saw him make his way towards me. He was wearing a big smile as if he had no problems. I gave him a small smile in return. 

 

As soon as he reached me, he immediately hugged me tightly. I returned the gesture and waited.

 

I was about to speak when my phone rang. I took it and saw the caller ID. I canceled the call and nervously looked at the man in front of me. He was still wearing his smile but I could see that it was kind of wavering. 

 

I pointed to my phone, indicating that I have to answer it. He just nodded, so I turned around.

 

My phone rang again. I picked it up, “Hello?” 

 

Kris’s voice reached my ears, “Hey...”

 

“Why did you call?”

 

“I just wanted to ask if you could come to my studio. I want to show you something.”

 

I looked back and saw him writing something, “I can’t, Kris. He’s home...”

 

The other line went silent for a while until Kris spoke again, “He won’t know anyway,” His tone was laced with annoyance.

 

I closed my eyes tightly before covering the phone with my palm, “Chanyeol-ah!” I called. He didn’t reply. He continued doing whatever he was doing. I bit my lip before walking towards him, but before I could fully reach him, I tried again, “Chanyeol-ah...”

 

He didn’t turn back. Why did I even try?

 

I walked in front of him and waved my hand on his face. He looked up, shocked then his face quickly turned into a happy one.

 

I took a deep breath. I pointed at myself and did a thumbs up facing the door. I mouthed, “I have somewhere to go...”

 

His brows raised, asking where I was going. 

 

“Work...” I sighed. He nodded, understanding what I said. 

 

He stood up and gave me a kiss on the forehead. My heart ached as he did that gesture. He smiled at me warmly afterwards and went back to writing. 

 

I closed my eyes tightly. The guilt was creeping inside me again. This was how I feel every time I do something like this. Every time I lie... 

 

I got my bag quickly because I couldn’t face him anymore. The guilt was too much that the only thing that could wipe it away was not to see him. 

 

I made my way to Kris’s studio and when I arrived, he welcomed me with a kiss on the lips. 

 

“I missed you...” He said, in his usual husky voice. I remembered the letter Chanyeol gave that contained the same thing Kris said. I felt my spirit went down again.

 

I smiled, “I missed you, too,” He gave me a smile. I looked around and asked him, “What is it you wanted to show me?” 

 

He led me to a big white card board that he usually used to paint whatever he wanted. Kris Wu was an artist from Seoul. He’s one of the most famous artists in the country. We met when I went to his exhibit and bought his painting of music notes that reminded me of...Chanyeol since Chanyeol loved music.

 

“I’ve been working on this for the past weeks,” He said, proudly.

 

I raised my brows, “That better be good then.”

 

He laughed, “Of course it would be good! Coming from me?”

 

I rolled my eyes at his statement as I laughed along with him.

 

This noise was better than the silence in my home. It feels like I’m actually living, that I’m actually with someone. 

 

“Why are you quiet?” He asked.

 

I shook my head, “Honestly...” I started, “I’m guilty of what I’m doing.”

 

His brows furrowed, “What do you mean? Guilty of what you are doing right now? Is this about your boyfriend?” Then he paused for a while before continuing, “Scratch that, I’m your boyfriend. Is this about that guy?”

 

I knew he was talking about Chanyeol and he was right. The way he said it brought butterflies to my stomach, but at the same time, broke my heart. Because, I know for myself, that what he was saying was true. 

 

He sighed, “Why can’t you just break up with him? You’ve been miserable for years! If it weren’t for me, I bet you’d be inside that home, listening to nothing!”

 

Tears started forming on the corner of my eyes, “You don’t understand...” I let out a breath, “I can’t leave him.” 

 

“Why? Why can’t you? I agreed to be on this kind of set up because...because...I love you. I love you so much that I’m willing to be in this situation for you. Don’t you love me?”

 

I shook my head, “Kris, I love you, okay? I love you.” 

 

He calmed down and nodded before hugging me. The trust he was giving me was overwhelming that I can’t help but thank God for giving him to me. He was so patient even when he didn’t deserve to be treated like this.

 

I was cheating. I’ve been with Chanyeol for almost four years now. Chanyeol had an accident when he was only 7. He hit his head pretty hard on a metal pole that caused him a head trauma, and permanent deafness. I loved him. I loved taking care of him, but somehow, I grew tired of our relationship. That is when I met Kris last June. We started off as friends. He was really sweet. He made me feel special, he talked to me a lot, and he listened. I fell in love with him, and he was too with me. We’ve been hiding for 4 months now because I couldn’t break up with Chanyeol. 

 

 

“Soora...” He called me. I made a little noise to indicate that I was listening, “The painting I recently made...it’s you.”

 

I pulled away from the hug with wide eyes. He painted...me?

 

He showed me his work and I gasped at how beautiful it was. The whole painting was composed of different colors that seemed to fit each other perfectly. It was my face that was put together by what seemed like puzzle pieces. 

 

He nuzzled his nose against my hair, “I love you, Soora. Every piece of you...”

 

My eyes watered as I reached out to hold his hand. What did I do to deserve a guy like Kris? I would never ask for more as long as I have him. 

 

 

It was around 7 PM when I arrived home. I was so tired, but happy from my time with Kris. Every moment with him is always happy. He always makes me feel like there’s no problem. 

 

I stopped on my tracks when I saw Chanyeol, still on the table, writing. 

 

I approached him, “Chanyeol-ah...” He didn’t look up. I got annoyed again, “Yah, Chanyeol!” I shouted so loud but he didn’t turn. 

 

I quickly turned around as a tear slipped from my eye. I wiped it away before facing him, “I’m so tired already! this!” 

 

I went up the room and forced myself to sleep, but the thought of Chanyeol waiting for me, thinking that I wasn’t home yet, made me stand up and go to him. 

 

I touched his shoulder. He jumped a little before facing me. He quickly wrote something on the paper. It took him long before he gave it to me.

 

“I missed you. Why did your boss give you work

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter