New Missing Students

The Collector

Chae have to attend her classes so that leaves me alone in a bench somewhere near our building. My professors called out a free day for they have to talk about the coming school festival. I heard that we are the host of this month's activity so that explains why our professors are having a bunch of meeting this past few days.

 

 And that means I have more free time to study the case and solve it. 

 

 I had to fight the urge of screaming out of frustration as not to scare everybody away. I breathed in and psyched myself to calm down, "You look like a mess." I heard someone said destroying my inner taichi.

And soon enough, a guy materialized in front of me. "Have you heard of something like sleep?" He asked taking the seat next to me. "Nosy, aren't we?" I snorted not really in the mood of talking to someone as cocky as this guy beside me. Not to mention that I kinda hate this guy. 

"Just want you to know that getting some sleep won't hurt, look at you, you look like someone who just crawled out from hell." I ignored his remark, and stared at nothingness. "They'll be fine, for all we know, those girls are having the time of their life messing around." He said after a long silence. 

My plan of having meditation is now a far away memory now that he's here to pester me. But what he said stirred something inside me. I bit my bottom lip to stop myself from being an emotional wreck, I still hate this guy, he took Chae for granted before. And I don't get it why did she did she have to take him back again.

 "You think so? I'm trying to feel useless as time passes by and I couldn't get any hint of where they could have possibly been or where they could possibly be are right now. I checked everything over and over again making sure I do not miss any single detail but I always ends up in a dead end." She revealed, Seungri tapped her shoulder. 

Dara missed this kind of talk with Seungri, he used to be his best bud way back in junior high. But then the guy started hitting on her friend when she got to introduce her to him when they reached Senior high, and she's happy for them back then. 

To be honest, she's the reason why the two made it into becoming a couple but Seungri screwed up and cheated on CL taking the latter for granted in the process of their 2 years relationship. But then again, CL did forgave him but she can't do the same, she entrusted to him her friend and he blew it up. Although, she must admit that she felt the sincerity of Seungri on getting Chae back last year. She can't help but feel anxious and scared that he might do the same mistake again. But I think I should stop hating him and give him another chance again. 

 "Dara, don't burden yourself too much. This isn't your fault." 

"It is my fault, Bom called me that night.. She's so drunk and so Minzy and Ji Eun are. I ended up yelling at her because they sure picked the wrong day to drink the night out, its freaking weekdays and we have exams the day after that night, I told them to sober up in a restaurant before going home, instead of picking them up from that ing Bar." 

 "None of this is your fault, come on, don't put all the blame on yourself." I glanced at him, "what if something bad happened to them?" I asked as tears streams down my face, cascading on my cheeks that I immediately wiped away.

 "Nothing bad happened to them, don't think like that." He cooed patting, now my head. I can't believe I'm being so vulnerable like this. "But why are they still missing?" I asked like a child wanting to know why she can't have a boyfriend at young age. 

 

 "That, we will figure out. For now, you should go home and get some sleep. You will not function well if you will continue acting this way." He said getting up, "I need to go now too, my next class will start in 10 minutes." I nodded as I gather my stuffs.

"I'll see you around, and I promise, we will find them." Seungri flashed me his smile before turning around to take his leave. 

 

Sandara hesitated on calling him, but she did nonetheless. "Hey!" She called out and he turned around few steps away from her with his arched brow. 

 

"Uhm, I'm sorry.. For not giving you another chance for CL, you should not have done that to her." I mumbled.He scratched his head and smiled, "that's all in the past, besides, I deserved it. But sure the cold shoulder you gave me was one of the worse thing I had ever received, Dara." He answered sighing, "but I'm cool with it, as long as you forgive me now." He said sheepishly. I threw the can of my coffee to him which he was able to dodge easily. 

 

 "I'll take that as 'Yes, you are now forgiven.'" I laughed at him and nodded, "just don't hurt her again." I said and he nodded, saluting like a soldier before spinning on his heel to leave.I just stared at his retreating back as I contemplated on what he said. I think he's right, I need a rest so I could think of my next move. 

 

 -- 

 

 

 Another day had pass and she can't help but feel angry at how the students and everyone in the school acts nonchalant about the 5 missing student. "I got you some food." Chae called out waking me up from my trance. "Here. Eat, Dara. You'll get sick if you won't." She reprimanded me and took her stuffs. "I need to go, I have seminars to attend. Fill your stomach. I'll go now." I nodded and just like my original plan, I ignored the food and slumped down.Where could they have been? I sighed and fiddled with my fingers as tears streams down my cheeks. I had never felt so hopeless before, I just want to find them so I could say sorry for yelling at them when they needed me. 

 

I gulped down the lump that's forming on my throat. I'm scared. So scared to think of what could have possibly happened that night. Dara snapped from the trains of her thoughts when someone shriek not too far from where she sits. Her eyes widened upon seeing three unconscious ladies being dragged out of their school by hooligans that wears hoodies and masks.

 

 I bolted upright planning to help when someone yanked me over and pushed me against a tree with force. I yelped in pain but the culprit covered my mouth by his palm, pinning me down by his weight. Fear crept into my heart as it started beating loudly but before I could even see who the person is, he whispered right thru my ears telling me to keep quiet or we will both die. I calmed down a bit knowing I am safe with him. 

Jiyong peered over before loosening his hold on me. I peeked from the tree and saw how the hooligans hauled the 3 students inside a van and speed off. 

 "Are you trying to get yourself killed?!" He snapped at me making me flinch by hearing his thunderous voice. I turned around to meet his blazing glare."I'm trying to help!" I reasoned out pushing him in annoyance. 

"Help?! Are you nuts?! You could have been held captured!" She winced taking a few steps away from the Dragon that is spitting fire right now and kept a safe distance to be sure that this guy won't get a hold of her. She really hates his deep voice whenever he uses it for shouting. She glared up at him, "I could have saved them!" I shrieked, feeling horrible that I wasn't been able to help those ladies. 

 

"Help?!" He shouted, making me jump a bit. He sure has a deep ing loud voice. "I don't think you have brains inside that freaking skull!" I breathed loudly when he started striding towards me grabbing my arm."You are not a ing superhero, you . What do you think you will do once you reached them? Shout at them? Wail and plea for them to release those ladies? Are you ed up in mind? I don't remember you being this stupid back then!" He hissed gripping on my arm tight. I wiggled free and glared at him. My anger shoots up on its highest possible peak making me pull his hair in every way I could. 

"I'm no superhero but I could at least scream and ask for help." I snarled as we toppled down the grassy ground with me hovering him. Jiyong being his not so gentleman self that he is had lose his temper and pushed me off him. I staggered back and fell off the ground with my colliding with the ground that made me grimaced in pain. 

 "See? You can't even handle me pushing you!" He stated standing up, dusting off his pants.I growled attacking him again, this time targeting on punching his jaw but his quick to dodge my attack. I groaned in frustration and stepped on his feet which made him to push me again, this time with much force. 

 I toppled over gaining few bruises and scratches on arm, elbow and hands for it sent me scraping off the ground. I gasped for air preparing for my next attack as pain shot through my system when I got deep cut from a rock on my elbow. 

 "Stop this Dara!" He hissed with anger as he glares at me with burning passion, he's mad now, I could tell.Tears leaked down my face as I stood up pointing my index finger at him. "You are nothing but a jerk! You disappeared 10 years ago with no reason at all, I waited for you to come back but you didn't. I stomped over my dignity and asked your father about your whereabouts." I stopped to breathe as he stares at me with his blank face. 

 

"I... I followed you here only to see you being a total ing jerk!" I shouted with all my might as I gasped for air. I ignored the blood rushing out from my elbow running down my hands dripping off the grasses. His dark orbs my soul as I stares at it. It used to be shiny, full of life and mesmerizing, but its now blank and empty. "What happened to you?" I voiced out crying. Jiyong calmly shoved his hands inside his pocket averting my gaze. "People change Dara, that's just how it is." He simply said before he spun on his heel and leave.  

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 I screwed up. That's what I realized after Jiyong left. Now, I can never make him talk. I run to the administration building in the fastest manner that I can. And I managed to get in there in record time. 

 There's just something that I can't understand, just like how calm the principal is when I barged in her office practically screaming what happened and what I saw. And after a couple of minutes of me retelling the incident, the administration of the school had confirm that indeed, 3 of the students went missing that afternoon. 

 They told everyone to go home and they had sent messages to the parents informing them about the situation.I on the other hand was taken to the clinic so they can attend to my wounds and bruises. The professors asked me how I got those and I told them lies. 

 "I swear, I'm going to punch that bastard!" Seungri grumbled as he plopped himself on the couch beside his girlfriend. We are now inside my apartment. A sigh escaped my lips. "I don't want you getting in trouble Seungri, I'll handle GD." I mumbled closing my eyes. 

 "But Seungrat is right, Dara. You should stop going near that bastard, look at what he has done to you."

 "Be reasonable, I attacked him first."

 "Are you hearing yourself? Even if you lashed on me, I won't do that to you!" Seungri cried out running a palm on his face. I watched how Seungri cuss and glare at me telling me how stupid I am. "I know you guys are worried, but then, we need to know what happened to our friends." My voice croaked and they both sighed.