Found Dead

The Collector

Sandara found herself in the middle of the storage room surrounded by boxes full of dusts and spider webs. She doesn't care whether the dusts makes her nose irritated nor whether the spiders crawling up her legs. She sat there rummaging through the boxes looking for their old photo album which she kept hidden somewhere in the boxes there. A tear escaped her eyes as she stifles her sobs.

 

She misses Bommie so much. She's not just a friend, she's her cousin, her best friend, her hero and her strength. She's her sanctuary. Bom is the only one who understands her, the only one who keeps on believing her. She's the only one who stayed right beside her even if she's the most stupid person to walk this earth. There she found the old photo album which holds their precious memories ever since they were kids. She opened it, staring at each picture, remembering how they spent their childhood hand in hand. On how inseparable they were before. Some neighbors even mistook them as twins. She bit her lips as her gaze lingers on one picture, its where Bom's hugging her from the back, holding her like she's a porcelain doll. That she will break into pieces if she won't handle her with so much care.

 

She clutched their picture near her heart as her sobs turns into cries that eventually turns into wails as she cries her heart out missing her cousin. "Please come back.. Please.." Her pleas slashed through the silence of the room. She spent her night crying, pleading for Bom to come back.

 

--

 

"Daronngggg." Bommie whined as she wraps her arms around her. She chuckled at her pinching her nose. "Come on, I need you there in Seoul." She pleaded shaking her a bit. "You know I can't leave Mom and Dad alone here." She said facing her oh so cute cousin as she pouts. "I promise we will visit them here every chance we get." She bargain but she held her hands intertwining their fingers. "Bom, this is where I belong. Busan is my home, you can always visit me here, you know?" Bom could only hug her tight mumbling how she'll miss her. "I'll miss you. Just by now, I am missing you." She mumbled making her laugh out loud. "You're so childish." She said earning herself a pinch on her side. "Ouch." She winced in pain but Bom only rolled her eyes at her.

 

She held her hand dragging her outside the house. They were aiming for the park where they usually spends their time in. They were chatting happily when someone grab Bom from her grip and drag her away from me. I tried running after them when I tripped over, I yelled and screamed her name but the guy won't let her go. I screamed at the top of my lungs calling out her name, and then the guy held out a knife. "No, no, no." I cried out getting up running as fast as I could when that guy slit Bommie's throat causing for blood to gush out. I shriek in terror.

 

"Bommie!!!"

 

Dara bolted up, sitting in the process as she gasps for air. She felt her heart constricted in pain as tears runs down her cheeks. Dream. Its only a dream. No it isn't a dream, its a nightmare. She run a palm on her face as she rakes her hair in frustration. She hugged her knees crying out loud as she calls Bommie's name repeatedly. She stayed like that until she felt so weak. She lied down on her side curling up in a ball, hugging herself like a fetus, still tears leaking out of her eyes until she fells asleep.

 

--

 

Morning came. Her alarm rang which stirred her from sleep, her eyes feels heavy that she just wanna keep it shut. And just like the other days. She pushed herself up, eating her breakfast that she barely touched, walking her way to school like a normal student. But the hallow feeling inside her was still in there. Silently reminding her about the absence of someone whom she loves so much. She reached their school in time. She dropped by her locker to fetch some book. Her steps halted when her gaze dropped to the locker across hers. Its Bom's locker. She can still see her standing right in front of her locker, giving her, her warm and sweet smile. She bits her lips and turned around walking away from it. Dara breathed in and tried to fight the tears that threatening to fall.

 

She climbed up the stairs to get in her class room. Only to be welcomed by the students happily chatting. Dara's heart swelled in bitterness as she looks around the room, with them smiling brightly, while there she is, suffering from the despair brought by Bom's absence. She let out a sigh and proceeded on her seat slumping herself on it.

 

"Hey, Park!" Her classmate Baekhyun called out, he's panting. His hands on his knees as he evens his breathing. She just stares at him waiting for him to catch his breath so he could talk. Baekhyun straightened up, "I just wanna say that you are being summoned by Jaejoong, he wants to talk to you for the upcoming School Festival." He uttered and she nodded. "When and where?" She asked. "Later 10 o'clock at the cafeteria." She thanked him then he left. And just in time the bell rang and their professor stepped in.

 

--

 

Lunch break came and she lazily stuffed her things inside her backpack and stood up. She aimed for the door but Sunny prevented her from leaving the room. "Hey." Her voice came out as a whisper. "Why?" She asked looking at her. Sunny bits her lips while she nervously fiddles with her fingers. "Uhm, I just wanna ask if there's any progress about the case of the missing students." She said in a low possible voice.

 

Dara sighed. "There's no progress." She simply said and was about to walk away when she grabbed her arm. "Please do inform me if there's any news about them." Sunny said almost pleading as she holds onto her arm tightly. She tilted her head in confusion. "K-Kris. He's one of the missing students." She gulped down releasing her arm from her grip. "H-he's my boyfriend." She said bowing her head down. She saw droplets of tears coming from her which made her sigh. She scooted over patting her back, embracing the lass. "We'll find them. Don't worry." She cooed caressing her back. "Do you think? They've been missing for two weeks now." She stiffened.

 

Will she really be able to find them? Same question were running on her mind as she shook her head. She'll find them, she'll find her no matter what. "Yes. So stop crying." She mumbled pulling away. "As much as I wanna stay here, I need to meet Jaejoon at the cafeteria." Sunny nodded wiping off her tears. "I'll be fine. Sorry for breaking down in front of you." She said blushing bowing her head again. Dara chuckled and ruffles the lass hair. "Its okay." She said in a sweet voice. "I'll be going now." Sunny nodded smiling.

 

Dara made her way to the cafeteria spotting Jaejoong at the far corner sitting with the other students. She dashed towards their table and greeted them. "Sandara-ssi, come on have a seat." Said by the smiling Jaejoong. Dara took her seat beside him. "I asked your presence here since you are the Class president of your class." He mumbled and she nodded. She glanced at the people sitting on the table.

 

They were all silently listening to Jaejoong as he talks about the upcoming School Festival. Well, Jaejoong is the Student Council President that although he is an Engineer student he has to participate on preparing this activity that the business courses has to handle. "As I was saying, its better if we keep it simple but perfect. We still have schoolmates who are missing right now, it would be better if we keep this festival as low as possible as a way of respect to them." Suddenly, a smile crept to my lips as I stare at him. He really is a good man.

 

"We still need to talk about the other details but as of now, that's all. Meeting adjourned and thank you for coming." Jaejoong smiled at us and we can't help but smile back at him. "Sandara-ssi, can you stay, I still need to discuss something with you." Jaejoong called out looking at her. She nodded and sitting across him. "What is it?" She asked with a small smile. Dara heard him sigh then he raked his hair with his fingers. "My sister.." He trailed off looking for right words to say. Another sigh escaped from his lips. She's seeing another side of their SC president everyone would be baffle if they found out that Jaejoong too, has a tendency to lose for words. "She's one of the missing students." He muttered shutting his eyes close.

 

Her eyes grew big and round at the sudden confession of their SC president. Jaejoong sighed again, "She's Yoona, she was abducted few days ago. She's one of the students whom you saw being dragged out of school." He added heaving another sigh. "She's my father's illegitimate daughter, but I loved her nonetheless. And although we hid her from everyone, I still care for her. After all she's the only sibling I have." She saw how Jaejoong talked about his sister like she's the most precious thing in this world.

 

"And I want her back, I will kill those bastards who took her away." She can also feel the anger through his voice. "Calm down, we'll find her. But Jaejoong, we do need to help each other." She uttered making the lad nod. "I'm willing to help in every way I can." He muttered in conviction as they both sigh. She was about to leave when a commotion takes place outside the cafeteria. Everyone are rushing out the door with nervous murmurs filled the place. They exchange glances and both stood up following the students outside. Dead silence hang in the air which made her scared and nervous. She made her way passing through the sea of bodies, she froze right on her spot when she saw what's the reason of the sudden commotion. She saw Ji Eun, bathing on her own blood with her body badly beaten and slashed. She cupped as an agonizing scream escaped her lips.

 

She wanted to go near Ji Eun when someone grabbed her arm preventing her from running to the corpse. She wiggled free but his firm grip wouldn't budge. She stared at him, full of hatred as he stares back at her with a blank face. "Let me go!" She hissed, tears running down her cheeks. She heard someone screamed in a near distance and she saw Chae thrashing as she also wants to be freed from Seungri's hug. "Let me go please." She pleaded as her boddy turns to jelly making her collapse on the ground. "You can't go there, its a crime scene." Jiyong told her still gripping her arm.

 

"Just let me go!" She yelled at him which stunned the guy and she took that as a chance to run over the corpse. She cuddled Ji Eun near her chest as she cries. "Ji Eun!" She cried out in pain making everyone turned their head sideways. Avoiding the pitiful scene in front of them. Girls were crying in fear as the guys kept they mouth shut thinking why this is happening. Professors rushed to her side separating her from the lifeless body of Ji Eun but she wouldn't let go. "Sandara-ssi, we need to get her out of here. Please." One professor pleaded to her another set of hands held her shoulder and when she looked up she saw Chae crying hard nodding her head telling her to let go. She gave them a tight nod before kissing Ji Eun's forehead. "We'll find who's behind all of these, Darong. We will make them pay for what they've done." CL muttered grudgingly guiding her out of there.