Chapter 1 :The urge to join

Sweaty Dates

Yoo Jeongyeon

 

“Come on guys gather up and bring your water bottle along!” Jeongyeon signalling her team members to group up in front of her.They had just finished their hardcore training with their personal coach Mr JYP.They were all sticky and could feel sweat dripping down their back.Jeongyeon asked them to gather together so that she could tell the team what needs to be improvise and focus on based on how they played today.Not forgetting their repeated mistakes that they make every single training.

 

They are used to their routine everyday where they had to go to netball training right after school and work their off to win against the team that their coach had brought along.Jeongyeon and her team members had been training for about 3 months now as they are gonna represent their school for the upcoming Inter School Games.Their competition is in 2 weeks from now and they are still full of flaws here and there but Jeongyeon and her friends are confident and positive minded that they can win if they truly work together and focus during the game.

 

“I am kind today so I want to treat you guys to jokbal hehe yum yum” Momo was jumping up and down right after thinking about her jokbal babies.Jeongyeon and her teammates knew that they had to eat healthy and all that so that they could play well but ‘oh well eating unhealthy once in awhile won’t kill right’ Jeongyeon thought as she was starving and was craving jokbal right then.”Alright let’s go but just today okay so eat as much as possible guys so momo is gonna turn bankrupt after this :)” As the captain,Jeongyeon is in-charge of making decisions for the whole team.”Hey that’s not fair!I take that back I’m mean today!”Momo cross her arms and act as if she was mad but she knew Jeongyeon was joking.Jeongyeon and the others found Momo cute when she’s angry.

 

So right after that they enjoyed consuming a huge portion of jokbal which they ate in a flash after being served.With that the week continues with school as per normal and them training non stop while improving in what they were lacking.

 

On the day of the competition

 

“Let’s do this just one more time guys let’s give our best for the last time! Don’t hurt yourself and just go out there and have fun alright!” Jeongyeon giving encouraging words to her teammates before the game begins.”Hanlim!Hanlim !fighting!”They cheered as a group and got into their positions before the umpire blows the whistle to show that the game is going to start.

 

During the day of the competition,the entire school are to gather at the school hall of Hanlim Arts School along with other school students who came down to cheer and support their seniors or friends that are representing their school in the Inter School Games.

 

Myoui Mina

 

“We better hurry i want to sit at the front to watch the match,” Tzuyu told Mina and her school meal crew to hurry up because she wanted to watch the netball match up close as she wants to watch her favourite crush,senior,unnie Sana play in the court.Everyone knows that Tzuyu has been falling high over heels for Sana ever since she laid her eyes on her when they first met.Sana found Tzuyu cute but was shy to confess to one another.Everyone knew they had that thing going on that aura but they all let it slide cause they know that one day they will get together.

 

Mina and the rest just followed Tzuyu that guide them to the sits nearest to the court to watch the game live.When they seated in their sits,the participants from every school entered the court for their quick warm up.While Tzuyu is already eyeing on her favourite senior,Chaeyoung was the one that had to be the victim and listen to Tzuyu fangirling like crazy but at the same time maintaining her image so that others won’t notice.Mina on the other hand,her eyes were attracted to one particular person who looked like a boy with her blonde short hair and eyes that was burning with determination.When Mina was unaware of her surroundings and was just there staring at Jeongyeon,”Minassi what are you looking at?You have been off for awhile.”Asked Dahyun with worried eyes.”Oh nothing.I was just day dreaming,don’t worry about me anyways the game is about to start!”Mina started panicking as she was almost caught staring at someone for too long which is something weird to do.

 

As the whistle sound is heard signaling that the Netball match has started.So it begins like that and so on match after match.Mina was focused on the flying ostrich that was legit everywhere catching the ball and scoring it in the net.Jeongyeon was the playing a very hard position whereby she has to run around the whole court and scoring it.It was a very difficult thing to do yet she did it successfully and effortlessly.That is why she is known by many as the best player of Hanlim Arts School.The matches goes on until the finals which consist of Hanlim and Temasek Team going head to head with each other.Everyone in the audience knew that this match was going to be a close match as both teams are as skilled in netball.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon 

 

“We can do this Hanlim!Just do what we do best and have fun out there!Let’s give our best for the last time!!”Jeongyeon was still as determined as in the beginning.

 

During the final match,the supporters from Hanlim and Temasek were cheering as if until their lungs could come out from their chest.Jeongyeon was at a different place every one second and most of the time the ball was in the possession of the Hanlim Team as the ball was passed from one team member to another smoothly.As what the audience could see,the Hanlim Team has better chemistry between each member compared to the Temasek Team who were all running for the ball and wasn’t cooperating with each other.This gives rise to an advantage for the Hanlim Team which they used it well and obtain some scores for their team.

 

As the game was reaching it’s end,the Temasek Team was all exhausted as they were scattered all over the place and running around everywhere with no sense of strategy.On the other hand,the Hanlim Team was on huge lead because they were consistent in scoring.With that being said,the empire blowed her whistle signalling the end of the game and win from the Hanlim Team.Jeongyeon and her teammates gathered together and were jumping around in joy as their months worth of training were all worth it in the end.

 

Myoui Mina

 

When the umpire had blown her whistle le,all the supporters from the Hanlim Team ran down to the court to congratulate the winners.Tzuyu was dragging Chaeyoung along with her to go see Sana and congratulate her for the win.While Mina was with Dahyun.For what reason her feet dragged her body towards Jeongyeon.Mina didn’t know what was with her at that moment until she realised she was hugging Jeongyeon all of a sudden.When she realised it,she pulled  her hands away from Jeongyeon.

 

Yoo Jeongyeon

 

“Umm Congratulations on your win!You were really great out there!” was all Jeongyeon heard after the hug and was shook at the sudden action by Mina.They were just standing there after the hug staring at each other with their flushed cheeks visible to everyone.After the intense staring at each other,before Jeongyeon could say thanks,she was left there looking at Mina’s back that was running away from her as she was that embarrassed of her actions.

 

From that moment they knew they had thing between each other.

 

Myoui Mina

 

“So class we will need a group of girls to participate in the Inter School Games 2017 for Netball to represent our school,of any of you girls are interested,please do pass me your names by tomorrow morning.”Mr JYP informed Mina’s class about the upcoming Inter School Games.Mina was almost dozing off as she wasn’t interested in what Mr JYP was informing about.Mina wasn’t the type to participate in sports even though she was good in it with her experience of 11 years being a ballerina.She was almost losing her focus and interest until “And for your information,you girls who are interested are going to train with your own seniors that were the champions for the Inter School Games.”

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon...Yoo Jeongyeon is going to be there.And there is a chance of training with her.The Yoo Jeongyeon,my crush”is what was running in Mina’s mind when she had registered what Mr JYP had said.She knew she had to join the netball team no matter what.