chapter two.

i like you a latté

seoul arts university dorm, room 105. sunday 1:20 pm

" no! ! are you serious? is the deadline really today?? " lisa repeatedly cursed under her breath, losing her cool as she scrolled through an email she received the other day regarding the her online philosophy exam for her midterms that is due today afternoon. 

" hey jisoo, are you done with our online exam for philosophy? " with uneasiness clearly visible on her visage, lisa asked her brunette roommate that is sitting on the bunk bed below hers while playing overwatch on her laptop. " yeah, i am. mr. lee sent that to us last friday. isn’t that due today? " jisoo answered, her tongue poking inside her left cheek while her pair of brown orbs are stuck on her laptop’s screen. her left hand speedily clicking on her mouse, completely focused on the game.

"why the didn’t you tell me? i had zero idea about it! i haven’t started on anything yet! " lisa hissed as she sat up on her bed and started answering the questions stated on the exam.

" uh first of all, we’re not even friends, we’re just roommates and classmates why would i do that? second, it’s not my fault you woke up incredibly late because you were partying for two straight days. " jisoo replied with a blank expression plastered on her face as she continued her game, still unfazed by lisa. 

lisa just kept silent and rolled her eyes in return. that was all she could do, she would have rebutted but jisoo was right. it was indeed lisa’s fault and lisa was very much aware that it was her fault, she was just in denial. lisa wasn’t a lazy student per se, but she probably might be the most happy-go-lucky person you’ll ever meet. she’s a firm believer that the right way to live life is by just going with the flow, let life bring you wherever it takes you. and in the past two days, she’s been letting life take her wherever it wants. life being her friends, and wherever it wants being the club nearby. she’s been partying for two straight days, it was her reward for herself for surpassing her hell week aka her midterm exams. little did she know that she missed a small detail. her professor on philosophy went on a vacation and he didn’t have the time to prepare for a physical exam so he just notified his students that he’s just gonna make an online exam and now lisa has exactly 1 hour and 40 minutes to finish the online exam. 

determination written all over her face, lisa took a deep breath and stretched out her hands as she continued on answering the questionaires. the exam had exactly 100 items and so far she has answered 5. 

" okay, lalice. we’re doing an amazing job! 95 questions more to go! we got this. we’ve been in tougher situations before!" lisa mumbled to herself, making sure that the optimistic side of her is reigning over.  

" mother trucker! are you flipping kidding me??  i was just about to score a penta kill! " jisoo bursted out in annoyance, slamming her hands on her laptop’s keyboard when her game comes into halt and the dreadful words no internet connection : error loading game appeared on her computer’s screen. 

"wait, what the heck just happened? " lisa asked in confusion as she kept on pressing the refresh button, reloading the page of her online exam.

"  well according to a text i just received.. there’s currently a scheduled power outage going on in the whole university including the dorm houses and the power wont return until 6 pm tonight. time to take a fat nap i guess" jisoo said, followed by a yawn as she turned off her laptop and started lying down on her bed, both her arms placed underneath her head with her eyes half-closed. 

" what? no! that can’t happen! my laptop‘s battery life is  at 30 percent and i need wifi!! what should i do? " lisa  complained, feeling worked up by the unexpected turn of events.

" there’s a coffee shop, two blocks away from here and they have free wifi. " jisoo suggested in a very quiet voice, whispering almost. 

the surroundings being deafeningly quiet, lisa had somehow heard the other girl’s mumblings. lisa immediately climbed down the bed, upon hearing her jisoo’s suggestion.

" thanks, jisoo! what would i ever do without you? " lisa chirped, glomping on jisoo before stealing a quick peck on the sleepy lady’s cheeks. lisa then threw on her black hoodie over her pajamas. taking a shower and changing her clothes are the last things on her priority list right now. no one would find out anyway that she’s wearing pajamas underneath, all that matters to her right now is to finish this exam. if ever she fails on this, there’s a huge chance that she might lose her scholarship. 

"you’re disgusting, just buy me coffee when you return. " jisoo wiped her cheek and shifted her position, facing the right side of the bed and completely closing her eyes. 

lisa just nodded and marched out their room, finally making her way to the coffee shop armed with her laptop and laptop charger.