chapter three.

i like you a latté

i like you a latté café . 
sunday, 1:27 pm 

jennie’s pov

after 17 minutes of bus ride and 10 minutes of walking, i’m finally here! i heaved a sigh of relief, wiping the sweat on my forehead with my handkerchief as i stood in front of the small establishment. its walls were painted in pastel blue and it had a huge signboard above it with i like you a latté written on it. i scoffed quietly at the cringe-worthy name of the café. was he in his right mind when he or she thought of this? i swung the door open, taking a step inside, the comforting aroma of coffee welcomed me upon my entrance. this might sound odd but i  love the scent of freshly ground coffee even though i hate the taste of it. for some reasons, its scent reminds me of home, it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. i stood by the door for a moment as i let my eyes wander, looking for an unoccupied table. 

 " table for how many, little miss? " a guy dressed in a white short-sleeved polo paired with a black bowtie and a black apron walked towards me and asked with a fond smile on his lips. 

" uhm for two please? " i answered, the guy then he lead me towards an empty table with two chairs situated by the window. 

"here you go, sweets. just call me if you’re ready to order, alright? " he said after pulling a chair out, offering the seat for me. i sat on the chair and nodded my head softly, mumbling a thank you and i will.

the place was as crowded as i expected it to be, i knew it was gonna be full today because it’s a sunday. there were a lot of young couples on a date and i was the only one sitting on my own but yeah i didn’t really mind being surrounded by all these lovey dove people around me. i then ordered a cup of hot chocolate and took out the book i brought with me. its title was how they met and other stories, it was written by this author david levithan. i’m not really fond of reading books but this one got me, it’s a compilation of love stories but it talked about all kinds of love. even love for the same gender, and it was amazing to read something talking about that kind of love openly. i was taking small sips from my drink when suddenly my phone that is placed on the table vibrated. . i cursed under my breath as i felt my tongue burn with the hot chocolate. i picked up my phone and it was a text from my cousin rosé. 

                 

what am i supposed to do by myself for 80 minutes? if i only knew this was gonna happen i should have slept more! y’all know what i dont get though? rosé has been going back and forth from my house and hers for years now and she still hasn’t memorized how to get there. amazing isn’t it? i would totally understand it if she’s still really young, but she’s only a year younger than me! i love rosé with my whole heart but i just can’t fathom the fact that my parents and her parents treat her as if she’s still a toddler. 

i was about to reply to rosé when i felt something brush against my leg. i jerked my leg, kicking hard, thinking that maybe it was just an insect. 

" ouch! "  a high-pitched voice whimpered out of nowhere. 

i quickly looked up and tried to find where the voice was coming from. but upon looking up, i just saw other customers at the store looking under my table. my heart started thumping really hard, why the are they looking at my leg? did i accidentally kick an animal thinking it was a small insect? oh god. was it a dog? did i hurt a dog? 

i then gathered up courage and took a peek underneath the table. " what the actual ? "

 my mouth fell open from shock, an orange-haired girl all plopped on the floor, smiling from ear to ear with a laptop charger on her right hand was under the goddamn table. 

" hey, are you okay? do you need help? " i asked her as my head poked underneath the table to peek at her. 
 

end of pov. 


 

lisa’s pov

i ran as fast i could as soon as i exited my dorm building. the café wasn’t really that far but i had to get there quickly. i even almost fell down from running too fast.

i finally reached the café, i don’t really go to these kind of places because i hate everything about coffee, the smell itself makes me my stomach churn, and it ends up making me dizzy,  i cant believe i’m going to a café for the first time just for this damn exam.

" good afternoon, miss! welcome to i like you a latte! table for how— " a young lad came up to me and said but i really didn’t even understand a thing he was saying nor was i interested in any of it so i ended up cutting him off. " i hate to be rude but i have no time for a chitchat, can you just please let me know where the power socket is? " i asked  " we only have one and it’s right there, the table is taken by someo— " before he could even finish his answer i already saw where it was so i ended up cutting him off again. " alright, got it! thanks man!! " i gave the guy a pat on the shoulder but as i was about to walk towards the table, my feet felt heavy, resulting into me  halting my steps. the reason? i might have missed the part when the employee told me that the table was occupied.  a dark brown haired girl wearing a plain white shirt was sitting on the chair across the table. her brows were slightly furrowed, she looked like she was reading something  on her phone and the expression on her face wasn’t definitely a pleased one. but how can someone still look extremely cute even though she seems pissed? her deepset brown eyes with those long curled lashes reminded me of a cat’s eyes. they were charming but at the same time, they had a look of fierceness.

i looked at the clock that was hanging on the wall then glanced at the girl again. as i was looking at her, i started feeling something weird in my stomach, it felt like something was tickling my intestines, knotting them all together. the palms of my hands started getting warm and sweaty. 

was it just because i’m hungry? was this the effect of the smell of coffee? or maybe i’m just hella nervous because i’ve never really seen a girl as attractive as her. i wasn’t really sure what was i feeling but one thing i’m sure of, i’ve never felt this way before.  

" alright, lisa. let’s just this up. she might be looking ethereal with that out of this world beauty but she’s not gonna bite you. " i mumbled to myself before clearing my throat and finally approaching the lady.

 " hi! you don’t know me but there’s only one plug in the entire coffee shop and you’re  sitting right in front of it and you’re not even using it. my laptop is about to die and so will i if i dont finish this exam by 3 pm! " i said in one go, panting hard after but the girl looked like she didn’t hear me at all? was she blind? deaf?  mute? i waved my hand in front of her but she was incredibly occupied with her phone that she didn’t notice me. the sound of the clock ticking made me even more nervous. ah it i don’t have time to repeat what i said, she might even reject me if i talk to her. i’m really desperate so i guess i have no choice but to do this! 

i placed my laptop on the table quietly, kneeled on the floor on all fours and started crawling carefully under the table. i was about to plug in my charger into the electric socket when suddenly i felt something push hard against my shoulder making my body fall and hit the cold tiled floor " ouch! " i whimpered, and i think the noise i made was louder than i expected it to be because everyone’s eyes are now on me.

" i’m okay, everyone! i’m alive! i’m not hurt at all! "  i quickly jolted up and yelled, waving my hands in the air with a wide grin on my lips, assuring everyone that i was fine before k

" hey, are you okay? do you need help? " 

i immediately turned around as i heard a gentle voice speak. it was the voice of the girl that looks like a cat! i felt like all of my blood went gushing into my cheeks making them all warm from embarassment. she probably thinks i’m a whack now! wow, i hate myself. but the i found myself staring at her, i was frozen in my tracks, i felt like i was hypnotized and an angel was talking to me. has this girl done some kind witchcraft on me?  i shook my head quickly, waking myself back into reality  " i –i’m fine. "  i said as i plugged in my charger and stood up from the floor, taking a sit on the chair across her and flipping my laptop open. 

end of pov.
 



author's note! please read! lol

i'm really sorry for the late update! i got busy the past few days and i completely forgot that i had a story to write lol. also i've been thinking and i might end up writing a full length story instead with lots of chapters. hehe. i blame me being way too talkative and scatter-brained honestly. ok i'm rambling againnn! anyways! i hope you guys like this new chapter! i have chapter 4 prepared. lisa and jennie will have a proper conversation there istg :))