chapter one.

i like you a latté

the kim’s residence.  sunday,  1:00 pm. 

 

" kim jennie! i’ve died and risen from the dead ten times already yet you still haven’t waken up! if your cousin ends up getting lost and kidnapped, i’m telling the police it’s all your fault! " mrs. kim, jennie’s mom yelled at the top of her lungs while banging on her daughter’s door.  a loud thud echoed inside jennie’s room. "jennie sweetheart, are you alright?" mrs. kim asked, knocking on jennie’s door again, but this time her tone sounding a bit softer, worry apparent in her voice.  

she twisted the door knob of jennie’s room,  and it turns out it wasn’t locked at all. she hurriedly stepped in and there she stood frozen by the rare sight before her. her lovely daughter, kim jennie, wiggling her way out of her thick pink leopard printed comforter that is tightly swaddled around her small frame, making her look like a pink burrito. " i’m okay, mom! i’ll pick rosé at  2 pm! " jennie managed to answer in a raspy voice along with heavy-lidded eyes, she was definitely still half-asleep but she had no choice but to force herself to wake up or else her own mother might disown her. her mom then exited the room while jennie figured her way out of her manmade cocoon. 

today was supposed to be jennie’s special holiday that she made up for herself, she called it “let’s not give a and sleep in all day” holiday. you see, jennie is just like every twenty-one year old young woman there is. she’s a senior college student during the day from monday to friday, a waitress, dishwasher, cashier, professional floor mopper, sometimes a plumber during the night at her family’s restaurant by the night from monday to saturday. her level of tireness was out of this world, so she thinks this one day long vacation she truly deserves, but the gods of luck and holidays thought different. they  weren’t on her side this time because she had to pick up her little cousin rosé whom will stay over at their house for a whole week starting today due to her parent’s sudden out of the country business trip. 

" i’ll see you later, mom! " jennie quickly pecked her mom lightly on the cheek, bidding her goodbye as she made her way out of their house. on a daily basis, it would usually take jennie a good hour or two to prepare before going outside, but today she barely had 30 minutes to gussy herself up so she didn’t really have the chance to put make up on. all she’s wearing is her favorite plain white tee paired with her figure-hugging highwaisted denims and black sneakers.  jennie then made her way to the coffee shop along the streets of seoul arts university, because she talked to rosé the night before that she’s gonna meet her there.