LAUNDRY NIGHT

HARLEQUIN

Quinzel.jpg

Chapter Two : Laundry Night

 

The light whiff of air made Taehyung’s bang tickle his face several times. His hand reached up to his forehead scratching as his eyelids fluttered open to the harsh bright light. “Ugh,” He groaned blinking several times trying to get his eyes to adjust to the blur around him.

His head lay on a washer meanwhile his body sat on a bench leaning on the said washer. On the bench across Quinzel raised a brow continuing to throw playing cards in a bowler hat placed next to Taehyung’s rested head. She flipped a card that hit him on the face. Taehyung looked down confused grabbing the playing card from his neck to identify what it was. ‘A Joker playing card?’

“Rise and shine.” Quinzel smiled at him getting up. Just as she did a washer made a beep to let her know the clothes were ready. “Oh I’ll get that since you just woke up.”

Taehyung looked around to see that he was in an empty laundry mat. “Why a laundromat?” He raised his aching head sitting up right slowly. “Aish!” He hissed, his neck and body was killing him just as much as his head was.

Quinzel moved some clothing to the dryer section before returning to Taehyung. “Yeah I propped you to sleep on the bench but you got up at one point and ended up passing out leaning back on the washer.” She informed before popping pink gum from .

Taehyung took a good look at her furrowing his brows at her odd appearance with green tips on her dark hair, smudged dark makeup on her eyelids,  a poorly done white powdered base over her light olive skin and a red grotesque wide smile over her lips that expanded wider than her own mouth, he couldn’t help but stare in awe before really taking a good look he whipped out his glasses from his coat pocket, thankfully there was no hint of damage done to them. He blinked adjusting to his glasses again. “You look...like I’ve seen you once before.” He wasn’t sure.

Quinzel smirked taking a seat next to him. “Is that so?” Her face got closer to his as he pulled back somewhat but still attempted to examine her facial features. Light olive skin, full lips, dark hair, and daunting eyes. But the girl he met in the hall at Gotham U was a darker shade of olive. Was it the lighting of the hall? The lighting of the halls is pretty bad but the rest fits her criteria, except for the hair with green tips.

Taehyung wasn’t sure he got it, but it could be her… could it? He grew nervous as she awaited his answer. He has to answer her something! “The, the uh...girl from the hall in Gotham University?” He tried. Quinzel only gave him a wink before smirking at his gasping. “No way…”

“Funny, you are the one of the few who know.” She leaned into his ear to whisper. “And those who know are also like me.” Taehyung’s blood ran cold turning to her with worried eyes. ‘Then that means, the Gotham U I once knew isn’t safe for me anymore?!’ He swallowed hard. “M-Miss,” His voice began to quiver, “I-I would never tell anybody.” Taehyung felt himself start to sweat for every moment he scooted away but she scooted even closer starting to crawl on all fours on the bench staring deep in his frightened eyes. “Ah!” Taehyung felt his body begin to fall backwards off the bench but her hand caught him by the collar.

Her smile gave him chills on his spine, she was clearly an unusual character with mysterious intentions. “I know you won’t tell anyone Taehyung, you’re a good boy.” A hand of her’s caressed his cheek. “And good boys know better than to talk.”

“H-how do you know my name?” His voice broke.

She flicked out his ID from under her black jacket sleeve. “I looked through your wallet. I hope you don’t mind.” Taehyung quickly shook his head from side to side. ‘I don’t mind as long as she spares me!’ “Hmm…” She inspected it again. “Diver class C. How good are you with vans?”

Taehyung rose a brow. “Excuse me?”

“How well do you drive?” She asked again still in calm manner that messed with his nerves as he tried to respond.

“G-good...I guess…”

Quinzel found some satisfaction in that answer. “Good enough for me!” She hopped off the bench standing near the dryer that beeped letting her know the clothes were done. “You know, you didn’t have as much clothes as you thought. You’re a very small boy.” Quinn dug in the dryer finding Marvel Avenger underwear the size of a ten year old boy.

Taehyung only blushed bright red. “Please put those away.” He pleaded as Quinn only smirked stuffing his now clean laundry in a large plastic bag.

She handed it to Taehyung. “Remember only those that know are involved.” He looked up at her confused but her expression remained serious. “Your a smart boy, I know you would’ve figured out who I am once you really put your mind to it so I was like why not cut to the chase?” She lowered herself to make direct eye-to-eye contact. “You’re involved. But in what way exactly?” Her voice chuckled cooly heading towards the exit.

Taehyung couldn’t help it and panicked shifting his worried gaze to her. “I don’t understand? In what way? A secret keeper?” He wracked his brain trying to find the right answer.

“Figure it out prodigy!” Her hand waved before disappearing into the night.

 

Author Note : I hope the image is good enough for now because it will change to another female Joker cos-player later on because of their progression into becoming pro crminals in my story, also Taehyung will have a Harley Quinn beginner look before he takes the look of the poster image I provided. I hope all of you anticipate future chapters! =)

[All Images in stories belong to their rightful owners! In any way they are NOT mine, they only add color and appeal to my story.]