PROLOGUE

HARLEQUIN

Chapter Zero : Prologue

The dark clouds covered the entire sky allowing strong lightning strike the top of the large towers of Gotham city. The door to a Chinese restaurant alleyway opened.

 

“Yes thank you see you tomorrow night!” Taehyung stepped out bowing and thanking his boss in Chinese.

 

He made his way through the dark alley to a specific dumpster. Taehyung peeked behind and in front of him to make sure no one was spying on him, a homeless or a thief. When he was absolutely sure he was in the clear he began to take out his bike from behind the dumpster preparing to ride on it. “I’m just going to get home, prepare my midnight snack, and do my end of semester essay.” He murmured his agenda until suddenly remembering something. “Oh no!” He smacked his face. “I forgot to do my laundry today! Man...If I don’t do it I won’t even have proper clothes by tomorrow.” He crouched burying his head between his legs. “Don’t mope just do it. Everything will be fine.” His voice reassured.

 

Taehyung stood up fixing his composure. A gun cocked at the side of his head. “Give me the bike dip.” A male voice with urgency behind him sounded very dry as if he hasn’t had a drink of water all week. Taehyung couldn’t help but turn paler than his naturally milky skin.

 

“O-okay.” Taehyung quivered creating distance between him and his bike.

 

“That's a good boy.” The guy's voice made him shiver thinking the absolute worst. 'Oh God, please don't make him a .' The theif mounted the bike still pointing the gun directly at Taehyung. Just to be sure Taehyung wasn’t going to tackle him down the thief smacked the gun roughly against Taehyung’s face causing him to bleed from his forehead and lip, his body stumbled back having his head suffer another blow when it hit the dumpster.

 

The guy cycled away into the street while Taehyung tried to regain his blurry vision witnessing how as soon as the thief rode furiously into the road he instantly got runned over by a van going full speed. Without stopping the van trampled over the body with tires screeching as they made a sharp turn speeding off. Taehyung blinked still a bit dazed. “Holy Rosemary Mother’s Jams!” He passed out.

 

In his inner subconscious he could have sworn he heard a feminine voice speak. “That’s Gotham for ya!”