Turn Back the Clock 1

Hit Me Up

 

0 Days until Kyuhyun’s Disappearance

 

“Morning.”

Ryeowook squeezed his eye shut tighter, squirming away from the sunlight spilling into their bedroom. A low chuckle glided through the air as the bed dipped and fingers tugged the comforter away from Ryeowook’s face. The latter whimpered softly, annoyed. He grappled for the blanket, but it was only pulled further from him.

“Why are you bullying me, Kyukyu?” Ryeowook grumbled, curling into a ball and hiding his face in the pillows.

“Because it’s funny,” he answered lightly, muffling his laugh against Ryeowook’s throat. Kyuhyun smiled as his husband wrapped arms around him, pulling him closer. Closing his eyes, he relaxed and settled on top of Ryeowook. “Oh I see, so you just wanted me to climb back into bed,” he teased.

“I did,” Ryeowook mumbled, half-asleep as he ran light fingertips through Kyuhyun’s messy locks. “Why’re you up so early anyway? It’s Sunday.”

“Just some sudden business meeting,” he dismissed, pressing a warm, open mouthed kiss to the hollow of Ryeowook’s throat. He made a trail up his neck—kissing lightly, kissing warmly, kissing playfully. The man giggled at the treatment, leaning into every touch. “You’re not a morning person at all,” Kyuhyun complained, pausing as he reached Ryeowook’s lips.

Lovely brown eyes fluttered open, bleary and affectionate. Kyuhyun caught his breath, forgetting what exactly he was doing as their eyes met. Ryeowook smiled, closing that last little gap between them to steal a kiss. “I beat you to it.”

Kyuhyun grinned, suddenly wrapping his arms tight around Ryeowook and pulling him close. “Dummy,” he murmured, before pressing their lips together. He relished in the pleased little noises caught in the back of his husband’s throat. Only breaking away long enough to catch his breath, Kyuhyun dove back in, sliding his hands down to intertwine with Ryeowook’s.

They kissed as the sun rose higher and higher. Their clothes slipped away item by item to the sound of their shared laughter and whispered endearments. They loved and loved and loved until the sun had crested the skyscrapers. And then, as they laid in a hazy aftermath, Kyuhyun traced small patterns into the warm skin of the only person he had ever loved.

It was a moment close to perfect.

“Won’t you be late? You said you had a meeting,” Ryeowook yawned.

Kyuhyun shook his head, hiding behind a smile. “This is more important.” He took Ryeowook’s hand, running a fingertip over the glimmering gold band circling his fourth finger. It was softened and dulled from years of wear, but the fine details remained. Yeah, definitely more important.

“You’ve been sentimental all morning,” he chuckled, watching Kyuhyun thoughtfully study the wedding ring. “If you’re ever jealous of my jewelry, just know that you have the exact same one on your own finger,” Ryeowook mused.

His husband snorted. “Oh hush, you know it’s not the same.” Kyuhyun brought the slim fingers to his lips, smiling into the kiss he laid on the band. “I love this one much more.”

“And why is that?” Ryeowook teased, curling his fingers against Kyuhyun’s. His skin warmed under the touch, eyes softening.

“Isn’t it obvious?”

Ryeowook shrugged. “Is it?”

“Now you’re just trying to get me sentimental.” He rolled over, caging Ryeowook beneath him. Their noses brushed lightly before he stole a kiss, teeth grazing lightly along the other man’s lower lip. “It’s obvious that I would love your ring more,” he whispered between kisses, eyes lowered to watch Ryeowook’s expression, “because I obviously love you more.”

“More than who?” he demanded quietly, gaze playful and bright.

Kyuhyun breathed out a laugh. “More than myself, you dork. Happy now that you’ve embarrassed us both?” He pinched Ryeowook’s cheek, smiling helplessly.

“I am,” he affirmed, grinning and holding Kyuhyun’s hand in place. “You should get going right?” Ryeowook urged. “I don’t want to make you any later. Besides--,” a yawn interrupted him, and he blushed faintly, “I’m still a bit sleepy.”

“I know.”

Ryeowook nodded a bit, looking the tiniest bit sad.

“You’re not allowed to do that,” Kyuhyun clicked his tongue, flicking his husband’s forehead. Ryeowook yelped indignantly, brow furrowing.

“Do what?” he demanded.

Kyuhyun smoothed the wrinkle between Ryeowook’s brows, saying, “Looking like you’ll miss me. Don’t do that.”

“I’ll always miss you when you’re gone,” he argued more vehemently than he meant to. “You’ll miss me too, right?”

“Of course,” he answered immediately.

Ryeowook laughed. “Then we’re even.”

Are we? Kyuhyun laughed along, eyes cutting away as he reluctantly climbed off Ryeowook and went in search of his discarded clothes. For how long will we have to miss each other from now on?

He dressed carefully, taking more time than he normally would’ve. All the while, he could feel Ryeowook watching him. When he would turn around, those beautiful brown eyes would be on him, observing him, doting on him silently. Kyuhyun would smile, but didn’t trust his voice anymore.

“Get back to sleep,” he finally said as he pulled his overcoat on and ran a hand through his messy hair.

Ryeowook’s eyes were already drooping, bare skin peeking out from under their cream-colored comforter. The line of his neck and shoulder looked smoother and more touchable than Kyuhyun liked to admit.

Focus.

Kyuhyun leaned back over the bed, pushing the hair out of Ryeowook’s face as he took one more kiss.

For forever.

“I love you, Kyuhyun,” he mumbled.

“Yeah,” he strained to keep his smile. Just a little longer. Please. “I love you too, Ryeowook.”

He shut the bedroom door behind him.

 

The briefcase in the entry hall was all he needed. Rather than reaching for it though, he went to the living room and picked up pen and paper. His heart felt like it was twisting in fifty different directions, and nothing would ease that pain.

But maybe it’ll help.

He sat down for a moment, bringing pen to paper.

 

Ryeonggu,

Don’t wait up for me anymore.

I’m sorry.

I love you.

-Kyuhyun

 

He folded the note carefully, placing it on the dining table before picking up his briefcase and making for the door. Kyuhyun soundlessly slipped his shoes on and departed.