1.

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y

It was a hot summer day for a 7 year old girl named Taeyeon who's walking home while her vanilla ice cream that she bought from the ice cream truck. She's so happy she finally have the time to just hibernate in their house and do nothing but play with her video games, remote controlled cars, and stuff toys. 

While on her way, she saw some kids playing, laughing and having a good time with each other at the park. Sadly, she wasn't close to any of those kids. She's kind of afraid to approach them and the kids even find her weird because of how white and fair her skin is. They by saying 'boo' like how a person says if there's a ghost around. So as always, she'll just glance at them then start walking at a fast pace away from those kids. 

Taeyeon was about to turn and open their door when she noticed a large truck, a couch and some men pulling out some home appliances inside the truck. She's watching every move they're making, bringing those things inside the house which is just beside theirs. That house has been unoccupied for as long as she remembers, and having a new neighbor beside their home makes her feel a little bit excited yet nervous.

She saw a man and a woman walking out of the house while giving instructions to the men carrying their things. Maybe they're the new people who'll live in that house from now on, she thought. Taeyeon finds watching them entertaining, so she continue doing that while the remaining ice cream on her cone. 

She was about to eat the crunchy cone when a bob-haired girl also walked out of the house smiling while jumping around. She seems excited with their new house, but the girl stopped jumping when she saw Taeyeon standing not far away from their house watching her. She suddenly feels shy showing that side of her already with their neighbor and looked away from Taeyeon. But when she looked back, Taeyeon was still looking at her while holding that cone. She seems nice, the girl thought, so she started walking towards Taeyeon to greet and make friends with her. 

Taeyeon abruptly feels nervous because she's not good at dealing with strangers, heck she's not even friends with her neighbors. So she did the first thing that came into her mind, to open the door and get inside immediately.

Taeyeon already got the doorknob when the girl shouted at her to wait. She freezes on her position and look at the girl. "Why are you running away from me? I'm not a bad person." The girl sad while frowning at her when she said that. 

"Sorry." That's the only word Taeyeon was capable of saying by the moment.

"Well, I saw you looking at us and you look very friendly, so I wanna be friends with you since you're the first person I saw here." 

"..."

"Hm, my name is Tiffany. Hwang Tiffany." The girl named Tiffany show her hand for a handshake with a smile on her face. Taeyeon is still nervous but reached out for her hand anyways, she doesn't want to be rude to a new person. 

"M-My name is Taeyeon.... I... My umma actually called me so if you w-would excuse me...?" Taeyeon pulled her hand fast when she finally said those words.

"Oh. Okay, see you around then."

"Y-Yeah..." 

There's a few seconds of silence before Taeyeon finally twist the doorknob and enter the house fast. Tiffany suddenly realized something she didn't know because Taeyeon is so fast, her family name. 

"I told her mine, but she didn't tell me hers." Tiffany pouted, but when she saw some words on the door, 'Kim Residents', she suddenly smiled.

"Kim Taeyeon..."

---

It's dinner time already when someone knocked on their door. Since Taeyeon's the only one who's in the living room because her mom was in the kitchen cooking while her dad was in their room, she decided to just open the door herself.

She saw Tiffany again holding a bowl of soup and the man and woman she saw earlier that she thinks the girl's parents. 

"Hi Taeyeon! Nice to see you again." The girl smiled at her from ear to ear.

"H-hi..."

"Hello sweetie, my daughter told me about you earlier that she already met the kid beside our new house. Since we just moved here, we decided to give some food for the warm welcome to us. Especially that you befriended our daughter already."

Taeyeon didn't talk much since she's very shy and just nodded at everything the woman said. 

"Where's your parents by the way?" The man asked.

"Uh... my umma is in the kitchen and my appa is in their room. I'll just call them, please wait here." 

Taeyeon run inside the house and called each of her parents and walked them to the door. 

"Hi! So you're the new family who moved here that our little Taetae talked about." Mr. Kim said while handshaking the couple. 

"Yes, we actually brought some soup for you." 

"Oh my, thank you. I actually just finished cooking, would you like to have dinner with us?" Taeyeon's mother insisted, and the Hwang couple accepted the offer for a good impression. 

The two families are talking about everything while having their nice dinner, thanks to Mrs. Kim. The two girls who sat beside each other just listened to their parent's stories.

"Taeyeon."

Taeyeon was busy looking at her plate while playing with her food that she didn't noticed the girl calling her.

"Psst, Taeyeon."

When are they gonna finish talking? I'm really bored. I want to play in my room.

"Taetae." Tiffany holds the girl's free hand and Taeyeon jumped at the sudden skinship she felt.

"Oh, sorry. I'm calling you, but you didn't listen." The bob-haired girl pulled her hand back and clasps her hands together.

"It's... fine." 

"Can I ask you something?"

"Huh?"

"Can we go somewhere else but here? I feel so bored, they keep on talking and talking I didn't know about."

So she's bored too.

"Y-yeah, sure. We can play in my room if you like."

"Really? Do you have stuff toys and dolls?" Tiffany's eyes sparkles when she said those words to Taeyeon.

"Err... I don't have dolls, but I have stuff toys and cars."

"Oh, okay." Tiffany smiled at her and suddenly caught her parents attention to ask their permission to play in Taeyeon's room. 

"Sure sweetie. Go ahead."

When they finally heard those words, Tiffany followed Taeyeon into her room. She looks around the girl's room that's filled with books on her shelves, pictures on the wall, the said stuff toys on the bed and cars on the table. 

"Your room is so awesome! But I still love my room cause it's pink." Tiffany picked up a teddy bear and squeeze it before she hugged it and sat beside Taeyeon on the bed.

"Do you like studying?" 

"H-huh?"

"I said do you like studying? Since you have a lot of books here."

"Y-yeah..." Taeyeon's fidgeting her fingers while looking at it. She's so nervous with the girl's presence since she really doesn't know how to be friends with other kids.

"Why are you so quiet? You don't like to be my friend?"

Taeyeon panicked at what she heard. This is why she doesn't have any friends. She already made the girl angry to her because of her behavior. 

"No, no! Uh... I'm just... I-I'm just shy. I actually... don't have friends here. I'm sorry if I make you angry."

"It's okay, Taeyeon. I'm just asking you know. I'm not angry." Tiffany smiled to her, forming those crescents in her eyes. 

Taeyeon saw the beautiful smile that she too smiled along with her.

"If you don't have friends here then let's be friends. You can call me by my name or any nickname you can come up with. I heard your father called you, Taetae, can I call you that?"

From the looks of it, Tiffany is so talkative and have a bubbly personality, a total opposite of her. But the way she's being friendly towards her makes her want to know more about this new girl. Maybe she's finally having a friend after all these years of being alone inside her room. 

"S-sure... Tippani..." 

After a few seconds of silence, Tiffany suddenly laughs out loud that made her role on Taeyeon's bed. The other girl once again panicked because she didn't know what wrong did she say.

"Tippani... haha.. you're so funny Taetae." The bob-haired girl's still laying on the bed while looking at Taeyeon and repeatedly saying her mispronounced name.

"What? D-did I say your name wrong...? But you said it's Tippani..."

"Tiffany, not Tippani."

"Tippani."

"No! It's letter F!"

"I know! I just can't pronounce it right. You're so mean." Taeyeon mumbled the last sentence to herself, but Tiffany still heard her since they're just beside each other.

"I'm just messing up with you Taetae. It's okay, like I told you, you can call me anything you like. I just find it very cute and funny." 

Taeyeon blushed from the compliment she received and saw how happy Tiffany was with her mispronouncing the name that she suddenly have the urge to make fun of her new friend too.

"I may be bad at pronouncing your name but I'm a good speller you know."

"Really? Spell Cat."

"Easy, C-A-T."

"Spell Mouse."

"M-O-U-S-E. Harder please."

"Spell Mississippi then!"

"You spell it."

"But you said you're a good speller!"

"Yes, but I'm not your spelling machine ppani-yah!"

"Hm, you're no fun." Tiffany sulked, she got up and turned her back at Taeyeon.

"M-I-S-S-I-S-S-I-P-P-I. There, happy?" Taeyeon poked Tiffany's shoulder, but she's not responding to her. She really might have made her mad this time.

Uh oh.

"Ppani-ah, I'm sorry. I'll make you spell me anything you like from now on. Don't be mad at me, please?" Still no response.

"Okay, If you don't want to be friends with me anymore, I understand-..." Taeyeon was cut on her words when she was suddenly hit by a teddy bear in her face threw by none other than Tiffany. 

"HAHA! Take that, Taetae!" She was still shocked by the sudden event and saw Tiffany's silly grin on her face.

The girl throws another one on Taeyeon but it's a pillow this time.

"Yah! What are you doing?!"

"Can't you see what I'm doing?" 

"Oh no."

"Oh yeah."

"PILLOW FIGHT!"

Each girl grabs their own pillow and started attacking each other. They're having so much fun while laughing and running around the room. But their fun time was suddenly cut when Tiffany's parents called her for them to go home already.

"Sorry Taeyeon, we need to go home now. We can play tomorrow if you like."

"Of course, I do!" 

Taeyeon suddenly felt shy with her enthusiastic reply and looked down, it's the first time that someone wants to play with her so she feel so excited about it.

Tiffany smiled at her. "See you tomorrow then."

"Yeah, bye Tippani."

---

Taeyeon and Tiffany have been inseparable since that day. They're playing everyday on Taeyeon's house and sometimes in Tiffany's house. They became so close that when someone's away from them for a day, the other one would be so lifeless and bored all the time. It worried Tiffany's parents because when Taeyeon was away from her for almost 3 days, their daughter seemed so sick so they came up with an idea. They suggest to Tiffany to make friends with other kids so that when Taeyeon's away, she'll not be that sad. 

Tiffany followed her parents and when the time Taeyeon was back, she already have 3 new friends. They're Sooyoung, Hyoyeon and Yuri. Taeyeon was so shocked and a little disappointed, because those kids are the ones who always endlessly. But she didn't tell Tiffany, she doesn't want to be the reason for Tiffany to lose some friends because of her issues.

One afternoon, Taeyeon was waiting for Tiffany in the park for them to play with her new toys she bought while on the trip with her parents. She's so excited because she bought a pink teddy bear for Tiffany and she knows that the girl will surely love this one. 

"Hey, ghost girl!" Someone suddenly shouts and she already know who that is.

"What are you doing in our territory? Didn't I tell you to not come here?!" The tallest girl said.

"I think she needs to learn her lesson." The tanned girl pushed Taeyeon and made her fall onto her . It made some scratches on her hands because she uses them to not fall all the way to her back.

She's already half crying, breathing irregularly while looking at the girls in front of her. 

The other girl pulled her hair when someone suddenly fired a water gun towards the girls who's bullying Taeyeon. 

"Stay away from my Taetae you bullies!"

"T-tippani..." Taeyeon said, the girl who's holding her hair widen her eyes and turned her head to see the said girl.

"Tiffany..."

"Hyoyeon...? Why are you pulling Taeyeon's hair?! And why are you guys letting her do that?!" The now angry Tiffany shouts to her two other friends who are looking at the ground.

"Tiffany, she's the ghost girl we're talking about. She's not our friend, she deserves this because she stepped on our territory."

"What are you talking about? She's my best friend! Stay away from her or I'll shoot you." Tiffany pointed her water gun to Hyoyeon and the girl let go of Taeyeon's hair, she walked and stood beside Sooyoung and Yuri. 

"If you want to be friends with me, then you should be friends with Taeyeon too. You should say sorry to everything you've done to her. I can't believe my new friends are bullies to my best friend. If you can't do everything I've said, then I'm sorry, I can't be friends with you all. Let's go Taeyeon, let's play on our territory."

Tiffany lends her hand to Taeyeon and slowly pulled her up and helped her walk away from those girls. 

"Tippani..."

"Hm?"

"T-thank you... for s-saving me... from your friends..."

"Taetae, you're important to me. I can't let them do that to you. Look at your left hand, you have wounds. Ew blood, does it hurt?" Taeyeon blushed and looked at her hand and it does have some blood. 

"A little."

"Oh my gosh, what if something comes out of your wound? We need to come to our territory fast and cure it! Come on Taetae, we need to hurry!" Tiffany grabs Taeyeon's wrist and was about to run with her when Taeyeon pulled her.

"Wait ppani-ah! What are you talking about? What territory?" Tiffany blinked at her question and smiled afterwards.

"Your home Taetae, of course."

---

"There, all cleaned and wrapped with bandages." Mrs. Kim tapped and kissed her daughter's hand. 

"Thank you, umma. You're the best."

"It's okay Taetae, but you should stay away from those girls from now on, okay? And Tiffany, thank you for saving my little Taeyeon." She caressed Tiffany's hair and smiled to her.

"You're welcome, untie. I'm just doing my job as her best friend." 

"Aigoo, then you're doing great with your job. I should reward you for rescuing her. Would you like some ice cream?"

The two girls looked at each other and said yes in union. Mrs. Kim chuckled and excuse herself to the kitchen to get some ice cream in the fridge.

While waiting for her mother, Taeyeon remembered about her gift for Tiffany that she's still holding. She actually caught Tiffany looking at the bear from time to time because it's her favorite color after all.

"Ppani-ah..."

"Yes, Taetae?" Taeyeon gives Tiffany the pink teddy bear that left the girl confused. 

"It's for you. I bought it from our trip, I keep on persuading my appa to buy that because it reminded me of you. Since you know... it's pink." She bites her lower lip while looking down, feeling shy with her sudden confession about buying the stuff toy.

Tiffany's eyes widen, then genuinely smiled and showed Taeyeon those smiling eyes of hers. She gladly accepts the bear and hug it with her dear life. "Thank you so much, Taetae. I feel so happy right now."

No Tippani, thank you for always being there for me. Thank you for making me happy.

---

A few days after, the three girls approached Tiffany to say sorry about what they did to Taeyeon and wanted to still be friends with her. But Tiffany said they should say sorry to Taeyeon instead. She brought the three girls to Taeyeon's house and said their apologies to her and her parents. Since Taeyeon doesn't hold grudges to them, she accepted it and then offered them if they want to play in her room. They're so happy and played in her room all day.

Taeyeon was so occupied with her new friends that she was unconsciously neglecting Tiffany on the side. Tiffany didn't say a word about it, she just stays there on the bed, watching the girls play on their own world. She was hugging her pink teddy bear so tight that she's almost choking it if the bear was alive.

When Taeyeon saw Tiffany being quiet, she stood up and was about to walk to her best friend and ask her what's wrong when Yuri suddenly pulled her back.

"Wait Taeyeon, let's play spelling bee! Tiffany told us before that her best friend is a good speller. We assumed you're that person, right?" Taeyeon was still looking at the quite Tiffany when she nodded her head.

"Okay, great! Didn't you know that Sooyoung is a good speller too? So why don't we have a match? That'll be fun!" Hyoyeon said and clapped her hands.

"Yey! I'll beat you Taeyeon, you'll see." The tall girl said.

"Okay then, but be ready to lose Soo. Right, Tippani?" Taeyeon called Tiffany on purpose to get her attention and join them with their game. But the girl is still looking at the ground hugging her teddy bear much tighter this time when she heard her name being called. 

"Let's start!" Yuri got some pieces of paper and two pencils and gave it to Sooyoung and Taeyeon. 

Taeyeon was still worried at her best friend because she's not acting like herself right now, and she didn't respond to Taeyeon, which is not normal. Tiffany only does that when she's angry at her. 

Tippani...? Are you really mad at me...?

Hyoyeon stood up because she's the one who's gonna say the words they will write.

"For the first word. Spell Beautiful!"

Sooyoung immediately started writing her answer on her paper, but Taeyeon was still looking in Tiffany's direction.

"Taeyeon-ah, start writing now." Yuri said when she waves her hands in front of Taeyeon's face.

"Oh, right. Sorry."

B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L

The two girls got the answer right. So they got one point each.

"Next, spell Awesome because I'm awesome!" said Hyoyeon while jumping.

Yet again, they got the correct answers and got one point each.

"Okay, next word, spell Doodle!"

Taeyeon really can't focus on their game and keep on thinking what she might have done to upset Tiffany this time, she hates it when Tiffany's mad at her.

But this time, Sooyoung spelled it right while Taeyeon spelled hers as 'D-U-D-L-E'.

"Oh no, Taeyeon-ah. You got the wrong answer." said Yuri. 

It made Tiffany looked up because Taeyeon never ever got a wrong answer when it comes to spelling. She's really good at it, she even thinks Taeyeon as a spelling bee master so she's so shocked at what Yuri just said.

Taeyeon saw Tiffany's reaction. She sees it as a positive sign that her best friend's already paying attention to them.

"Oh... really? I'll try my best harder next time then." 

"You should because this is the last round and you'll get two points, that means you can still win if you spell it correctly this time."

"Okay." 

"No, I'll win! I can feel it!" Sooyoung said with a lot of energy and punch into the air.

"Last round, spell Happiness! Go!"

The tall girl eagerly writes in her paper, but the smaller girl just looked at her best friend in the eyes and smiled. Tiffany doesn't know what that means, but she was hoping that Taeyeon will write the correct answer for her to win. She's rooting for her.

After the girls finished writing, they showed each of their answers. Sooyoung got it correct while Taeyeon's answer left them in shock, especially Tiffany.

T-I-F-F-A-N-Y

"Hm, Taeyeon I'm sorry to say this, but your answer is too far from the correct answer. You just wrote Tiffany's name, you silly. So the winner is Sooyoung!" Hyoyeon announced.

"YES! YES! HA, I TOLD YOU GUYS!" Sooyoung keeps on jumping around while dancing.

Tiffany was blushing and didn't know what to do so she just jump out of the bed and go out of the room. 

"W-wait! Tippani!" Taeyeon followed her outside of the house until she reached out on her wrist to stop her from running away.

"I can explain ppani-ah..."

Tiffany yanked her arm away from Taeyeon at turned to look at her. "Are you out of your mind?! You can't spell Happiness? Really? And you suddenly spelled my name out of nowhere?! That's actually just a piece of cake for you, yet you misspelled it?! Are you doing that on purpose to make fun of me?!"

"What? No Tippani! I'm not making fun of you! I swear!" Taeyeon raised her right hand while her left hand draws an X on her chest. 

"Then why did you do that?"

"Because I feel like you're angry at me. You didn't notice me when I called you earlier and it got me worried. Why are you mad? Did I do something wrong you didn't like?"

Tiffany chewed her lower lip while frowning, and it made Taeyeon more worried. 

"Please tell me, ppani-ah-..."

"You neglected me."

"H-huh?"

"You neglected me. You didn't care about me anymore."

"W-what are you talking about Tippani? When did I neglect you?" Tiffany's anger rages more than earlier because of Taeyeon's dense answers.

"ALL YOU CARE ABOUT WAS THEM! YOU DON'T WANT TO PLAY WITH ME ANYMORE! YOU LEFT ME ALONE IN THERE AND KEEP ON PLAYING WITH THEM INSTEAD! I HATE YOU KIM TAEYEON! I HATE YOU SO MUCH!" Tiffany was already crying while punching Taeyeon on her chest. Taeyeon tried to stop her, but she continues on doing what she wants.

"YOU JUST BECAME FRIENDS TODAY AND YOU ALREADY DITCHED ME! I HATE YOU TAEYEON-..."

"TIPPANI PLEASE LISTEN TO ME FIRST!" That made Tiffany stop from assaulting Taeyeon and look at her.

"Okay, first of all, I'm really sorry if I ever made you feel neglected. I didn't do that on purpose. I'm just so happy that I already have more friends, because they used to hate me, but they're my friends now too, thanks to you. I really am sorry, okay? And you said I didn't care about you anymore? Ppani-ah, I just misspelled Doodle earlier because I was thinking about why you're angry at me. I was worried about you, okay?" Taeyeon looked at Tiffany's eyes so intense that it made the other girl intimated and look at other directions but Taeyeon.

"T-then what about you writing my name as your answer?"

"Well, that, I... actually did that on purpose. Because the word Hyoyeon was asking us to spell was Happiness."

"So?" Tiffany finally looks back at Taeyeon.

"So? Isn't it obvious? You're my happiness ppani-ah. I mean it. You're the reason why I'm not lonely anymore. You did so many things for me since you came here. And now look, I have three other friends now because of you. You ppani-ah. I think if I ever lose you, it will feel like losing my happiness too." She was fidgeting again her fingers, a habit of hers everytime she feels so nervous. Taeyeon actually didn't know where she get those words she just said, but maybe she's just stating what's on her mind and heart right now.

Tiffany watched Taeyeon as she knows her best friend's body language. She knows she's telling the truth, but decides to mess up with her for making her cry.

"Really? You're not lying?"

"Ppani-ah, when did I ever lie to you?"

"I don't know, maybe just now."

"Hwang Tippani..." Said Taeyeon with a stern voice for making fun of her.

"Okay, fine. I believe you, Taetae. Sorry." She abruptly kissed Taeyeon's cheek that made the girl feel her heart pounding faster than it already is.

"Thank you for being sweet, but you'll pay for making me cry though."

"W-what is it?"

"We'll see." Tiffany tapped Taeyeon's shoulder and walked back inside Taeyeon's house. 

While the said girl was still not recovering from what just happened earlier and still standing outside their house, holding her cheek.