Troublemaker (Lisoo)

Blackpink Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kim Jisoo and Lalisa Manoban. Straight-A kid and perpetual flunker. The girl who can barely stumble past the finish line in exhaustion after walking the entirety of 3 km and the nimble, athletic dancer. The girl with top-model feminine beauty and the girl with a distinctly tomboyish feel. Mischief and mischief. Polar opposites otherwise, bonded as troublemakers.

It all began when a loud-mouthed classmate of Lisa’s decided it'd be funny to make numerous distasteful insults regarding her body figure. She was supposedly a malnourished beggar deeply entrenched in the dark depths of poverty? Her parents were cruel, selfish individuals who couldn't care less about her very existence? Lisa definitely wasn't going to take that lying down. Not when she had been mocked and sneered at before her entire class.

She waited for an opening patiently. When the school bell rang, and every single one of her classmates scurried out of the classroom to satiate their growling stomachs, she knew it had arrived. The boy’s classy-looking file containing his creative writing essay, like everyone else's, lay atop his desk invitingly. Lisa took action so smoothly, so calmly and so efficiently, it was as if she were in a trance. (Or maybe it was just because she had been plotting out her entire plan of action in the duration of the past two lessons.)

Lisa smirked as she slipped the ten-page long essay out of the file slowly and delicately. By merely flipping through the pages, she could practically sense the painstaking labour the boy had undergone for the sake of his grades. A real waste...but you messed with the wrong girl. A masterful essay, replete with a gripping plot and flowery language, had been replaced by a laughably brief attempt at an a (in which expletives probably made up the majority of the text) in just under ten minutes.

She couldn't help but snicker as she admired her handiwork. Everything had gone according to plan at that point, and everything would have gone according to plan, if the doorknob hadn't turned at that very instant, causing her to panic and attempt to hurriedly shove her ‘masterpiece’ into the file. Murphy’s Law was often Lisa’s worst enemy, though, and despite (or perhaps mostly because of) her desperation, the darned paper got all crumpled up instead of sliding neatly into the slit of the file, which somehow seemed to have shrunk within the ten-minute span. Anything that can go wrong will go wrong indeed...

Glancing upwards apprehensively at the door that had been swung slightly ajar, Lisa had mixed feelings upon locking gazes with this weird classmate of hers, Kim Jisoo. She knew the position she found herself in, holding a crumpled piece of paper above an envelope while her was plopped right on the seat of the boy who happened to have openly ridiculed her in front of the entire class, was ludicrously compromising, yet it was only Jisoo who had caught her in the act.

Jisoo’s whole existence, Lisa often thought, was a paradox. Along with Lisa herself, Jisoo was the only other person in class who regularly dozed off in class, treated homework as if it didn't exist and received countless dressing-downs by teachers. The very same teachers, rather understandably, were always at a loss for words whenever Jisoo topped their classes. Rather unfortunately, it also meant Lisa was left to bear the brunt of their endless nagging and scoldings.

Lisa had always thought Jisoo was the prettiest girl she had ever seen. However, it always appeared as if Jisoo either couldn't appreciate her own stunning visuals, or simply couldn't be bothered about it. She'd crushed the romantic fantasies of many guys (and the occasional girl), ranging from unconfident nerds to conceited jocks, the extent of her fashion sense seemed to end at baggy clothing and sweatpants, and she was far removed from the stereotypical cool kid. Lisa could only hope Jisoo wasn't a snitch.

“What are you doing?” Jisoo strolled towards a flustered-looking Lisa with a knowing smile on her face. “Surely...you weren't destroying the magnificent piece of work he put his heart and soul into?”

“No, no...I was just…”

“How devious do you have to be to stoop to such lows?” Jisoo plucked the piece of paper out of Lisa’s hand assertively, and began chuckling as she scanned through the sorry excuse of writing Lisa had produced. “Well, I'm abo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter