Hesitation (Chaesoo)

Blackpink Oneshots
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JISOO’S POV

 

“To wrap up the radio broadcast, we'll end off with a simple challenge. Use one word to describe what the member sitting on your right means to you, starting with you, Lisa-sshi,” The radio show host beamed at Lisa encouragingly.

 

I took a furtive glance to my right. Chaeyoung. I winced unconsciously. It just has to be her... Frankly, I had no idea where Chaeyoung stood in my life. It was something I thought about often. Jennie was indisputably my best friend for life, who I could entrust my life with. Lisa was like a younger brother, I was able to let loose completely around her, and between us, we were the ultimate dynamic duo. (That is, when it came to annoying and irritating others.)

 

With Chaeyoung, things always felt a bit undefined. Don't get me wrong, we loved each other to bits, but our relationship had never been as clear-cut as mine with the other two members. I knew I could tease Lisa to the ends of the Earth, I knew I would always be forgiven no matter how much I pissed Jennie off. With Chaeyoung, I also knew I could behave in those ways, but I could never bring myself to do so.

 

“Unnie, you like her,” I heard Jennie’s voice in my head. “I know you better than anyone, and I can tell.”

 

Confiding with Jennie didn't really help, for deep down I knew exactly what she had told me, and I still had no idea what to do with the information.

 

“Jennie unnie is my...girlcrush.” Lisa’s voice jolted me from my thoughts. As Jennie slapped Lisa on the shoulder playfully, and the host burst out into rather exaggerated laughter, I chuckled and shook my head. Lisa is one daring girl. If they knew just how true Lisa's statement was…

 

“Jisoo unnie is my...soulmate.” Jennie threw an arm around my shoulder as she launched into the story of how we became best friends, which she had been using on countless programmes. I stole another glance at Chaeyoung. She was pouting cutely, seemingly still deep in thought.

 

“And what about you, Jisoo-sshi? How would you describe Rosé-sshi?”

 

“Ummm…” I felt cornered, both by the question, and the pairs of eyes trained on me expectantly. Just be honest, Jisoo. “Rosé is my...weakness.”

 

The host, and even the members, looked taken aback. “That's very interesting, why do you think so?”

 

“She has me wrapped around her little finger without even trying.”



 

JENNIE’S POV

 

“Ooh, I see you're getting bolder. Have you finally decided to take my advice?” I smirked at my best friend, who simply ignored me as she lay on her bed, her fingers continuing to fly over the phone screen.

 

I impatiently snatched her phone from her grasp, upon which the gingerbread man crashed right into a candy.

 

“JENDEUK-AH! I was going to break my high score!” Jisoo held her head in her hands while I rolled my eyes.

 

“Let's discuss more important things. Like you finally making the first move.”

 

“I did?”

 

“Unnie, that was so cheesy! It was basically a full-blown confession.”

 

“I don't know what I was thinking, I must have been possessed.”

 

“Since you've gone this far, keep pushing! Believe me when I tell you she likes you too.”

 

“Then I'll wait for her to make the next move.”

 

“But that's what both of you have been doing for like, forever!”

 

One would have to be blind not to notice the obvious signs of attraction Jisoo and Rosie displayed toward each other. Be it Jisoo’s gaze lingering on Rosie’s bottom for like, wayyyyy too long, be it Rosie gushing incessantly about how Jisoo was gorgeous, captivating, stunning, beautiful, (insert synonym), be it the slight awkwardness they experienced at times, bottom line, they were head over heels for each other.

 

Jisoo had always had a soft spot for Rosie. Initially, I wasn't sure if Jisoo had any romantic interest in Rosie, cos like, who didn't have a soft spot for Rosie? But as the four of us spent more and more time together, my suspicions only increased, as Jisoo always treated Rosie so delicately, with so much care, as if Rosie were a glass vase placed precariously near the edge of a cliff, in danger of shattering into a million pieces at any instant. Eventually, I managed to squeeze the truth out of the stubborn girl, after much prodding during one of our heart-to-heart talks.

 

Lisa and I had been trying to speed up the inevitable for the longest time, but Rosie and Jisoo were frustratingly uncooperative.

 

“Unnie, let me explain the situation to you. You and Chaeyoung are both so passive that neither of you will take the initiative to confess to the other. That's why nothing has been done, even after all these years! Me and Lisa, in contrast, are really aggressive. Once I realised I had feelings for Lisa, I decided to confess to her right away, and I still can't believe she beat me to it.” I grinned as I recalled Lisa fidgeting non-stop as she stuttered out a weak confession.

 

“I don't know…” Jisoo looked both lost and conflicted.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter