The play

My teacher? Nah he's my husband

"Here you go." Jackson hand the question paper over to Mark. School ended, and now it just the two of them in the teacher's lounge, doing their study session. 

Mark could feel the staring he's been recieving from his teacher ever since he started answering the questions. "If you wanna say something just shoot instead of staring at me like a cat staring at a fish." He said, not looking up from the question paper. Jackson run his hand through his hair, knowing that it won't be easy to convince this boy to join the play, but yeah giving it a try won't hurt. "You know our school is organizing a play right, so-" before he could end "I'll only join if it has nothing to do with performing." Mark cut his sentence.

Jackson look at Mark with wide eyes. "Who are you?" he take the latter's face in his huge hands. "What did you do to the stubborn Mark?" Rolling his eyes, Mark slaps his teacher's hand away and continue his works. "I know you would insist of me joining this play so before I could listen to that nagging of yours, it's better for me to volunteer."

Jackson nodded at that. "So I already got you a role but before I write your name in the form I need you to confirm one thing, do you know how to sew?"

"Only the basic."

"Good, so you will be in charge of the heroine's props." The redhead look up fro his paper. "The heroine's? So i gotta make a dress?" Jackson nods.

Mark sigh "Do I have a say in this?" Jackson shake his head. "Well you asked for something that has nothing to do with performing so i'm giving you one."

"Yes but why the heroine's props? I know nothing about dress." Mark try to reason with the man in front of him. "That's the only available role left and plus, you won't be needing to sew everything from scratch because they will buy it, you just need to add what's needed to complete the dress. I'm one of the play's organizer, don't worry I'll help you in any way I can." Mark sigh, "Do i really need to take part in this?" Jackson nodded at that. Letting out another sigh, "Fine." He agreed. Little did he know what's about to happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Mark can you get the ribbon done?" Asked one of the girl who's also in charge with the heroine's props. "Sure" Mark replied with a smile, taking the dress with the undone ribbon from the girl who he doesn't bother to know her name. He place the dress on the table in fron of him and take the neddle along with the thread, before starting on the dress.  

Not long after that, the familiar figure approach him. "Told ya, you will do a good job. Look at those dresses." Not looking up, he continue wth his sewing.

"Well you better give me the merits I deserved or i'm gonna kill you." He said, not looking up. "I know how to do my job."

"What are you doing here? Don't you ave anything better to do?"

"I AM doing my job, which is looking over you guys." Mark sigh. "Then go watch over them and stop bothering me."

"What's wrong with you? Not feeling well?" He sit in front of the redhead and look at his face. "Nah sorry, i'm just tired. Well I mean look at these dress, I've been fixing them from yesterday but nothing match their interest. I honestly don't understand women, I mean just how do they want their dress to look like? Do they think their ugly face would become beautiful just beacuse they are wearing a beautiful dress? Who do they think are? What world do they thnink they are living in? Do they think they are the ugly duck that will turn into a swan by wearing a beautiful dress? For sake just where did they put their brain at?!" He end his rants with a glare at the man in front of him.

"Feeling better?" Jackson ask after awhile. "Yeah," Mark nods. "Much better." And continue his sewing, except that the frown is no longer there on his forehead. After a minute of silent, suddenly his hair was ruflled by his teacher. He look up with a questioned look. "I hope you will do it more in the future." Jackson said with smile, hand still on the other's head, fingers gently running through the his soft hair. "What do you mean?" Mark ask with his round eyes looking at his teacher. 

Jackson chuckled before retrieve his hand. "Voicing out your problem and thoughts it is. It's not good keeping everything to yourself,so you must let it out to someone you trust."

"I have none." 

"I can be one." And his eyes is not showing any sign of joking. 

Mark was stunned at that. His eyes showing that he's purely shocked at what his teacher said and his mind went blank.

"Mark? Mark!" Finally he came back to his sense. "Yes?" He said, still recovering from the shock. "What's wrong with you? did i say something wrong?" Jackson look at him with apologetic eyes. "What no well I mean, did you even thnk before you said that?"

"Of course I did."

"I am stubborn, I have lots of complains, I have many things that I hate that would make me rants all night long. Are you sure you're okay with that because once I start ranting, nothing can stop me."

"Well how bad a talkative Mark can be. And it's good for your mental health so I don't mind having to listen to your rants all night long if that means it will help you feeling less burdened." Mark doesn't know what to say to this. "Ok then but don't regret it later." was the only sentence he could say at the moment.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mark look at the girl who's practicing alone from the side as he is busy with the 3rd hairband which he has been sewing ever since she started and this is the nth time the girl who play the heroine has forgot her line. 'It's "spare me your highness as i'm not the one at fault!" stupid. How can such a simple line can't stick in your mind. Your brain must be as small as my eyes.' He thought.

The play is a week from now but the girl is not showing any sign that she is ready. Well not like it has anything to do with him. He prefer doing his work undisturbed. But does god hate him as his peace was disturbed by the said girl. "Hey can you help me?" She ask, straight to the point. Being nice, Mark look up to the girl and smile. "Yes, what is it?" 

"Help me to practice this. I just can't get these lines into my head."

"But I don't know how to act." The girl smile and hand him the script. "Don't worry, you just need to read the prince's part in this page and i will act my part." Mark nods and take the script. "I'm lisa by the way." The girl smile and hold out his hand. "I'm Mark" Mark shake her hand.

Ever since then, whenever it is not a group practice time, Lisa would always find Mark at the workshop and they would practice together. Honestly Mark doesn't find her annoying as she is nice and sweet. Sometimes they would just have a chit chat when they didn't practice together. Friendship built, along with the feelings of the girl towards the redhead.

One evening when they were done practicing...

"Hey Mark, can you grant me one wish?" Merk look at her. "Well depends on what you asked for."

"Just say yes, pleaseee." Mark just look at her with his poker face. "C'mon it's not like i'm going to ask you to jump from a building or what. Please." Lisa look at him with begging eyes. After a minute Mark laugh at the girl in front of him. Lisa  gasp at him, "Were you teasing me? You badass." She playfuly hit his shoulder while he is still laughing his off at the other's face from just now. "Okay okay stop I'm sorry." He wiped the tears from the corner of his eyes."What is it? I'll grant it."

"Make me a dress."

"Huh?" He ask with an oblivious face.

"Make me a dress."

"I heard that, I mean what do you mean a dress? You have bunch of em here."

"No I want a dress with the design that I like."

"Haaaahhhhh? Wait i don't understand."

"I mean I want a dress that I like, to wear on the stage later."

"But we need to follow the theme and if the teachers know, I would get into trouble because I'm the one one in charge for you."

"I will take all the responsibility. Please please please."

"But I am not a proffesional tailor or something."

"I love all the dresses you made, they are beautiful that's why I want you to make me one." she look at him with her eyes full of hope and of course he doesn't have the heart to say no to that. "Fine, send me the design that you want but I'm warning you the dress may not turn out the way you want."

"YAYYY!!!!" She throw herself onto him, hugging his neck tightly. Mark could only smile at the other's reaction.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D-day

The backstage was busy with people running around settling up everything needed as the play is starting in an hour. But in the dressing room, a handful of people is pacing around for a diffrent reason. The heroine is not there. Lisa is nowhere to be found. Mark look at the dresses that he made beautifully, espeacially the only white dress that is hung seperately as that will be the last dress for the last part of the play. It would be sad for him if the person he made the dresses for is not here to wear it. Mark tried calling her for the hundredth but she's not picking up. Not giving up, he try to call her for the last time and finally the line connected. 

"Lisa?" Everyone's attention focused on the redhead. "Where are you? They play is starting in an hour we need you here asap." Jackson grab the other's hand and turn on the speaker. 

"Mark I'm sorry I can't attend the performance, last night my family went back to my grandma's, she was admitted into a hospital and her condition is getting worse. I am so sorry, I can't go back now, please tell everyone that I am so sorry for this. I need to go now bye." 

"Wait Lisa-" Before he could say anything the line was disconnected. Everyone in the room sigh at that. 

"Now what do we do." Minho, the guy who play the lead male ask. "We need to find a substitue for her. ASAP." Said Ms.So Yeon. 
"Yes but who? I mean we can't bring the script on stage." Said Minjun, the director of the play. "Ok do any of you remember her lines?" He ask everyone but no one raise their hand. "I know one person." Said Minho. He look at Mark and said "I saw you practice with her, of course you know her lines."

Mark look at him with wide eyes "Wait before you continue that crazy idea of yours, we are missing the female lead not the male lead and I am a male."

"I can see that Mark." Minho said while nodding his head. "But you're the only one who remember her lines." Everyone's attention now is on him. 
"Ok yes I remember her lines but we can't possibly change this play to a bl play right." He said desperately.

"No it will not be a bl play if you become a girl." The girl who in charge of the make up finally talk. "Your figure and your face, it's not going to be hard to make it up and I will do the magic well." She said while swaying the make up brush as if it's wand. 

Mark could only pray for his day to go well.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


"Once upon a time, there was a kingdom called Wington (* I am so sorry for the ugly name.). The kingdom was famous for it's peacefulness between the people living there. They live in harmony until the day of the fallout happened. The princess of the kingdom were accused for being a spy and has been giving out the information of the kingdom to their enemy. As per wished by the prince who asked the king to give his beloved wife time to prove herself that she wasn't in the wrong, she were granted a week to solve the mystery of who has framed her. And so the story begin..." And the narrator voice from the backstage faded away. 

The light were dimming then slowly shining up above a figure in a blue dress who's standing still at the center of the stage. The people who knew about what happened in the dressing room was shocked to see how Mark doesn't change much yet how different he look. His face weren't cover with too much make up, only a little bit of foundation and a lipstick. The dress that they could see was fixed last minute, fit perfectly around his petite figure and damn they can't help but admit that even if he is a male, his body could make any girl out there burning with jealousy. And the only word they could think about that time, was "Beautiful."

Everything went well. Even though his nervousness was visible, he handle it pretty well. The last part ot the play came, both the male and "female" lead were in the dressing room, getting ready with their last costume. Mark look at the white dress that he made. He doesn't have the heart to wear it as it were meant for Lisa but he could do nothing about it as he need to wear the dress no matter what. The dress was simple yet stunning in its own way. 

The last part of the play start with the princess coming to the light to prove her innocence. The whole audience gasp at how beautiful the princess is. Her appearance were totally different from the previous parts. Her straight blonde hair reach her back, her bang falls neatly on her forehead and a cute small grey ribbon decorated her hair. Her long and white dress was simple as it was not decorated with too much or too little decoration. The sleeve and the chest were layered with white lace while the lower part of the dress, which is below the waist were only a flowy white cloth. 
And of course, the one person who can't control his beating heart can't seems to look away from the princess. He swear, never in his life has he ever see someone as beautiful as "her". 

Now came to the part where the couple would hold hands and say their promise for the villagers while looking at the audience. The princess eyes' meet the other's in the audience who has been looking at her from the start. She know very well the owner of that eyes. The look was familiar yet foreign to her. It's not the look that she always got from the other. It's filled with a pure feeling yet she can't figure out what is it.
Her eyes were locked deep into the other's until the end of the play.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Claps filled the hall, everyone that was involved with the play stand on the stage and say their thanks to the audience before they go to the backstage. 

"Wahhh Mark that was crazy did you see how the audience react? They must have thought you were a girl from somewhere else."

"I know right, I wish I could record their faces, especially all the guy's."

"They look like they have found their love when in fact the princess was a dude."

Everyone was busy talking about whatever they want, not realizing that the main character of the conversation were nowhere to be found.
Mark went straight to the toilet, not bothering to change his cloth. He take out his phone and make a call to Lisa. After a few rings, the line connected.

"Hello Lisa, so how's your grandmother?"

"She's in her room still not awake. Why? Is it about the play? Are they going punish me?"  Worriness evident in her voice.

"No don't worry they understand your situation. I just want to tell you that you don't have to worry about the play anymore, it was a success."

"Success? What do you mean."

"They kinda found a substitute for your role in time."

"Who played my role? I must thank her for making the play to go on and apologize to her for putting her in that situation."

"Don't get shocked after you know who took your role."

"Okay i won't. So who is she?"

"It's a he."

"OH MY GOSH! WHO IS HE?"

"Me."

"What? You? Are you kidding me?"

"I am not for sake. I really played your role. Now where's your thanks and sorry huh?"  They laugh together at that.

"Okay I'm sorry and thanks. Now I want to see you in that dress, send me the picture."

"It's not that i don't want to but I'm afraid you will get hurt by my beauty that exceed yours.

"Shut your nonsense and send me the picture now before i curse you." She said jokingly

"Fine fine."

The call ended. Mark stand in front of the body length mirror and snap a picture of him before sending it to Lisa. Too immersed in his thought, he doesn't realize the presence of someone else in the toilet.

"What is the princess of the Wington Kingdom doing in this humble toilet." Said a familiar voice behind him. Shocked, he turn around careless and trip on his dress but of course he fall into the strong arms of the guy in front of him as the owner of the arms won't let him get hurt even a little.
"You okay?" He ask while helping the latter to stand properly."I'm good." He look at his teacher. "Why did you came in like that I thought you were somekind of ert or what." Now he's back to the normal Mark. The guy chuckled at him. "Well you were too immersed in your thought so i don't want to disturb you. So why are you still here, not changing your cloth."

"I was talking to Lisa, I know she must be worried about the play so I wanted to tell her that everything was fine."

"So did you tell her yet?"

"Done, and she was so glad to know that the play didn't get cancelled." Honestly, talking to Mark like this is not doing him any good as he could feel his heart acting up again. "So now you can go and change your dress, everyone was looking for you, they want to take a group photo."

"Oh really? Then we gotta go now, we've been here for too long." He said then walking away towards the door. But before he could walk another step, a hand around his wrist stop him. He turn around and look at his teacher with a questionable look. "I just want to say that, you look beautiful today." He said with a genuine smile. The latter who were caught off guard by the sudden compliment could only feel his face heating up. "C'mon let's go now." He pull the stunned redhead along to where the others were at.