One.

Lost in the Dark
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lost in the Dark Chapter One

 

Chanyeol stared off, his heart still but mind busy. Expressionless as he leaned on his knees, clenching his hands. Knuckles almost as white as the glow of Baekhyun’s power orb hanging off him as a gifted necklace four anniversaries ago.

Baekhyun kept his gaze outside the cozy living room window, unable to look at his significant other in the eyes. He was sure Chanyeol’s red eye was pulsating impatiently. The moment he turns around, he would ignite and dissipate. Baekhyun would cease to exist.

He squeezed Chanyeol’s fire orb tighter in his hand to his chest, feeling the heat radiating off of it, stinging his palm, almost affirming how angered he was.

All was tidy, still, quiet.

A little too perfect for either of their liking.

The moonrock table that once was kept clear for their impromptu passionate nights was now occupied. Books and magazines about media and such of each other’s interests and hobbies were scattered about its surface oddly obvious as if to put up a small front that this was still a home to two lovebirds.

The once squirming bristles of the darkened, neon pink rug underneath the table stayed still, afraid to make a move and break the silence. Scared of its very owners. It wasn’t in itself to try relaxing one of them; it didn’t dare offer to massage their feet in case they decided to kick and abuse it with stomps of anger. If it could get up and walk out the door, it would, but it didn’t want to give any of them ideas.

The front of the room had also been still and in place. Every book and video game had been kept on the bookshelves, missing attention and saddening as the collection itself collected dust. When was the last time they had heard laughter of the males? When they were children still learning how to walk? When they had been thrown at the giant male with hair that embodied the light of Pluto? Not again, they wished hard. If inanimate objects could do such a thing.

If anyone had been watching the scene go by, all would think they were posing for a photo. The last thought anyone would have is either of them having doubts about each other and their very relationship.

Chanyeol, as always, made the first move.

"...Are you embarrassed by me?"

Baekhyun gulped from the low, grit of his voice. The anger lacing the tone masked the brokenness under. He was doing the very last thing he ever wanted to do - hurt Chanyeol, see him hurt again.

"No. Never. You're the smartest person here, best strategist and shooter-wise, anyways. Your powers... they're nothing short of impressive. ...You know how I feel. Isn't that enough? Wasn't...that always enough?"

"No."

Chanyeol stood and strode over to Baekhyun, who braced himself before he was abruptly spun around.

However, instead of feeling arms wrap around him as they reconcile again, Baekhyun felt his arms being squeezed. Chanyeol held onto him as if he would slip through his fingers and disappear from his life. Disappear from EXO Planet...

"There must be something!" Baekhyun flinched hearing his voice crack which only occurred when Chanyeol was hoarse after a night full of screaming each other's names.

From playing video games of course.

"There has to be! What else is keeping you from being with me? Is there someone else?"

Baekhyun bit his lip at the bitterness seeping into Chanyeol's growing, desperate cries.

He rolled his eyes, sighing, "Yeol... Look around you. Who's here that I would be with? It's only the nine of us left after the last damn war... No one, even if our population was restored to its fullest," Baekhyunfinallky met Chanyeol's eyes then and he saw it but continued to be honest, "I'd always choose you."

He saw a changed look. There was no going back.

"...Then why? Why is it that when I want to walk with you through the garden and be stupid looking at flowers that have been glowing for eras-"

"It isn't stupid..." Baekhyun whispered between Chanyeol's spiel.

"-for no reason, whatsoever. You find an excuse not to-"

"They aren't excuses..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter