Jongin

Elevator Operator
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 2: Jongin's life has been good. And it continues to stay so. 

 

Jongin considers himself a lucky guy: he's had a good childhood, a good family, went to a good school, studied in a good university and did quite well for himself (his GPA hardly fell below a 4.0) despite having two part-time jobs. He was fortunate enough to earn his first employment at Shin & Kim where he had apparently impressed everyone with his "zeal and conviction" and got his first promotion barely two years later. He also met a pretty girl and they fell in love, so really, life was good to Jongin. 
 

Of course, sometimes Jongin thinks about all the sweat and tears he had shed at the early hours of the morning alone in his cheap office-tel as he memorized the constitution. Or when he, on several occasions, broke some unseemly obscure part of his body when he created new dance routines for his students at his temp job. Or even when Shin & Kim was balls deep in controversy and he worked himself to the bone to get them out of slump after slump with what little power he had. It was sheer hard work, but, Jongin digresses, fate still gave him a pretty solid hand: he is perfectly healthy, has people who love him and knows the answer to where he sees himself five years from now. Not everyone has that privilege.
 

It's this notion - and that generous bonus from last year - that drives Jongin to move house, into an apartment large enough for two people instead of one and closer to S&K's new office by the city center. 
 

He has a few nice things he can carry to his new home, like a beautiful wooden oak shelf his sister gifted him and a couch that wasn't from Ikea along with boxes of trinkets that he collected over the years. Jongin feels like this is a new beginning for bigger and better endeavours and he can barely contain his excitement by the time the weekend of his shifting rolls around. 
 

He will be living on the 4th floor of a flat that is a part of a three-building society, close to grocery stores and a few markets. Jongin chose this place especially because the landlord had considered his property haunted due to the screams he heard in the living room that one time. Jongin isn't proud of himself, but he manage

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter