Arriving Home

Wishful Thinking

You both arrived at your new home. You had noticed your parents’ car in the driveway next to the limo. You and Taeyeon walked up to the front door and opened it. As the door opened it revealed the prettiest home you’ve ever seen. It was totally gorgeous! You and Taeyeon both stood gaping in the doorway until a butler noticed you and motioned you over to the study room where your parents were. You followed him into the room with Taeyeon at your heels. Once reaching the door you paused for a second. You were mentally preparing yourself to face your parents. *Okay, ~~~~~, you can do this. It’s all on you to save yourself from marrying that ba*tard. Fighting!* You squared your shoulders and held your head high as you knocked on the door and entered. Upon walking in you found your parents both sitting on the sofa waiting for you. “~~~~~-ah! It’s so wonderful that you’ve come home so early! Taeyeon! It’s great to see you again!” Taeyeon smiled and bowed respectfully to your parents. Then she stood up and nudged you forward. You decided it was now or never.

“Mom, Dad, I have something to tell you.” Your parents stilled. They were curious about what you were about to say. “I’m sorry I’m telling this to you now but I have a boyfriend. Your parents looked at you with shock. “Don’t lie to us Choi ~~~~~! We know you’re just lying to us so you can get out of this marriage!” your father shouted at you. You flinched but continued, “I’m not lying! I really do have a boyfriend and I’ll prove it to you too! I’ll bring him over in a couple of days and you can meet him! I guarantee you it’s true!” Your parents frowned, but didn’t say anything. “Look Sweetie,” your mom softened, “if you really do have a boyfriend then let us meet him and we’ll be the judge on if you get married or not okay?”

You blinked tears, and your chest started to hurt but you refused to cry in front of them. “Fine but I want you to hold off on the wedding planning for now!” Your mom looked at you and finally agreed. You bid them both goodnight and you walked out while grabbing Taeyeon’s arm on the way. Taeyeon had asked a maid where your room was since you didn’t seem to have the strength to do so. When you reached your room you pulled open the door and ran towards the bed. You tears started to fall. Taeyeon came up to you and said, “Choi ~~~~~! Get a grip! You’re going to be okay! This will work out! We just need to keep it a secret from everybody else!” You looked up. You realized Taeyeon was right. There was no point in crying if this plan was going to work. And you knew it was going to, too!

Thanks Tae. Now let’s get some sleep since we have school tomorrow!” You both got ready for bed and as you were lying in bed you couldn’t help but wish that everything would work out for the best.