the ending

Give me some "LIGHT"
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jiyong looked lost and devastated, he could hear Dara’s wail outside her room. Dried tears were replaced with new. They’ve just lost an angel.

Earlier when everything was settled, and the doctors told him what happened, his world crumbled. He didn’t know Dara was pregnant too. If he would have known, he’ll make sure to protect her. Memories of the past days flashed in his mind and he felt ashamed on how she treated Dara and taking Ji-eun’s side without giving her a chance to defend her side.

Small steps and a tug on Jiyong’s polo shirt earned his attention, small familiar orbs looked at him. It was L. He still doesn’t know what’s happening right now.

“Daddy, is mama alright?”

Guilt consumed him and immediately hugged the young lad, tears and sobs could be heard from Jiyong but he doesn’t care that time. All he wants to do is to let his emotions that suffocates him be out of his heart.

L managed to caress his father’s face, wiping the tears away and even kissed him on his cheeks. “Daddy is in pain?”

Jiyong managed to nod, “But mama is in much pain that Daddy right now L.”

L looked concerned for a bit but his face light up after he thought of something and opened his tiny bag that he was carrying.

A sonogram. L smiled and gave it to Jiyong making the older choke on his sobs.

“Isn’t that pretty daddy? That’s light! I’m sure mama will smile again if she sees that!” L exclaimed.

Jiyong looked carefully at the picture of ultrasound and his heart ached more than he could handle, this was his lost angel. The bundle of cells looked beautiful.

 

And now it was given. Thanks to him.

…..

A few days passed, and Dara still can’t believe Light is not there anymore. Caressing her tummy, she felt incomplete without the life flourishing inside her. Her and Jiyong’s parents tried to console her but every effort goes down on the drain.

She knows Jiyong was there for her even if he doesn’t show himself, the two of them still haven’t talked and she knows he felt ashamed on her.

“Mama!!!” a cheerful voice wake Dara from her trance, a fondly smile crossed her face and she can’t manage to let tears flow again.

L looked handsome running towards her, the little lad looked so much alike his father now. Smiling towards her he gave her the beautiful flowers he had on his hands.

“Mama please stop crying, Light will be sad too if she sees you.” Wiping his mom’s tears, looking at Dara broke the younger’s heart, but he can’t do anything for her. As if trying to ease her he hugged Dara tightly which the latter exchanged with a tighter one.

“We love you Mama.” He whispered.

…..

It was dawn and Dara still feel sleepy, it was cold that time and she tried to seek heat on the pillow she has on her side, hugging it tightly and nuzzling her nose deeper. The musky smell calmed her.

And the pillow hugged her back. Wait what?

Dara’s eyes fluttered open and immediately looked up and her heart raced when she saw him staring back at her.

She missed him. Without thinking of the circumstances Dara filled the gaps between them and placed a longing kiss on his lips.

Jiyong immediately wrapped her arms on him and responded on her. God how he misses this woman.

“Dee.” He managed to utter after the kiss broke.

Dara’s eyes tuned misty, looking at him brings her mixed emotions, “Jiyong.”

How can he look at those eyes? Eyes filled with hurt and devastation. Hugging her tightly Jiyong sobbed too.

“I’m so sorry Dee. I didn’t know, and I failed to protect you.” He whispered while patting her head.

“Our baby is gone Ji, my Light is gone.” She wailed.

God when will this end? When will the hurt subside?

“Shhhhh.. it’s not your fault darling.” Jiyong tried to coo him and planted several kisses to calm her.

It was the darkest times of their life and everything seemed to go on with much hurt. When will the light come?

…..

Jiyong’s heart broke into tiny pieces as he looked at the bags that were loaded on the car. Dara asked for some space and said she need to mend her herself and to do that she needs to be away from that place and away from him.

Honestly, he didn’t like the idea. How can he send her away when he knows they’re both devastated?

Dara finally went out of the door with L on her arms, the little kid was sobbing. Biting her lower lip she managed to look at him, she can still feel the love towards the dashing guy standing a few steps away from her. But she needs to stand her ground, they both need a break from each other.

L reached for his dad which the older complied almost immediately, the younger buried his face on his dad’s chest. Jiyong patted his head and kissed him.

“Will you come with us daddy?”

Jiyong held back the tears and smiled towards him, “Daddy will follow you there once I finished everything here, okay?”

Hesitantly, L nodded and hugged his dad tighter.

Dara walked towards the father and son, “Come on L, we need to go.”

Jiyong placed his son carefully on the car and looked back at her after, desperation all over his face.

“Do you really need to go?”

She reached for his face and caressed it with all of her care, “We need to Ji, if we don’t do this we won’t be able to forget each other. We’ll just continue hurting one another.”

“But I’ll miss you.” His voice broke as he leaned towards her touch.

“Hush my darling. You need to settle things first and you could visit us after.”

Silence filled them before Dara moved and got on the car.

“I love you Kwon Jiyong.” She whispered before the car went on its way.

Seeing the car going further and further from them, Jiyong sobbed harder.

 

“I love you Dara Park.”

…..

Ji-eun was fidgeting on her seat as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter